Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

What Cobb map for KN Typhoon?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Cobb map for KN Typhoon?

I have a K&N Typhoon, which is a cone filter that uses the stock MAF housing, but replaces the turbo inlet and the upper IC. I also have a high flow cat and 3 inch catback.

Should I go Stage 2 HKSPF (Since it is just a panel filter), Stage 2 Cobb SF (Since it is an intake that keeps the stock MAF), or Stage 2 Injen since the Injen has an upper IC?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

One of the MODS are probably gonna get you for postin in wrong section. Should go in engine management / tuning. And why you spend that much on that when there are better solutions for less?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by armysoldier1073
One of the MODS are probably gonna get you for postin in wrong section. Should go in engine management / tuning. And why you spend that much on that when there are better solutions for less?
Crap. I saw the first post that said Cobb and thought I had clicked on the right forum.

I bought it because it was the cheapest solution for the amount of mods I had, plus some shops wouldn't give me a stock map in case I wanted to flash back to stock. Plus I can now have my local tuner the Access Tuner Race Software to fine tune the car if I do more mods to it.

Mods please move.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GetterDragun
I have a K&N Typhoon, which is a cone filter that uses the stock MAF housing, but replaces the turbo inlet and the upper IC. I also have a high flow cat and 3 inch catback.

Should I go Stage 2 HKSPF (Since it is just a panel filter), Stage 2 Cobb SF (Since it is an intake that keeps the stock MAF), or Stage 2 Injen since the Injen has an upper IC?
Than K&N Typhoon is well known to be the worst intake an Evo can have. It wreaks havoc on the MAF readings and no matter what you do you will make less whp. Get any intake. The most power made is the HKS RS which will make you run lean across the board but can be tuned.

[/thread]
Old Oct 19, 2010, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
Than K&N Typhoon is well known to be the worst intake an Evo can have. It wreaks havoc on the MAF readings and no matter what you do you will make less whp.
[/thread]
Actually, this is not true. Maybe on the 8 and 9, but not the 10.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Here is your truthfully best answer and not just an opinion on the choice you made for YOUR car, call Cobb and ask them. Their customer service is great and no one is going to know better than them. Good luck.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GetterDragun
Actually, this is not true. Maybe on the 8 and 9, but not the 10.
Oh it is the X, sorry.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
There is no base map for that intake. If it uses a 3" maf housing, start with the AMS intake maf calibration and adjust from there. If it is a bit smaller, use the Injen. If it is close to the stock maf housing size, start with the Cobb SF calibration.

You will need to do a maf calibration regardless however. (no its not hard)