Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Evo X - P0219 code help

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Erasing P0219

I had this code pop up over the weekend, after I mis-shifted from 3rd back to 2nd (instead of 4th). I didn't have any engine damage, but I kind of freaked out when I read it was hard code (not erasable) and a warranty killer.

After reading many posts from different threads, there was a post that didn't say it'd erase the DTC, but it suggested to reset my map back to stock, using my Cobb AP. So, I tried that and then reinstalled my protune and it worked! The DTC is no longer there. I checked a few days later, using my Cobb AP and my OTC Nemisys scan tool and the DTC is still gone. I just wanted to let the Evo community know, because I couldn't find anything about anyone erasing this code.

I'll try to re-post if the code pops back up or if it stays erased after a month or so.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 05:19 AM
Evolving Member

hmm, interesting, try scanning it with evoscan
Old Oct 16, 2013, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My issue ended up being a bad tune. Fixed the tune and problem went away. I was able to clear it with evoscan. I don't think clearing the code is the problem. I think the issue for some people is the ecu stores the code somewhere else and it can't be erased. U won't see the check engine light but the ecu will still remember the code was set if u was to take it into the dealer. That's from my understanding of how the code works
Old Oct 17, 2013, 04:50 AM

Unfortunately, I don't have an Evoscan. I just looked it up and the software's pretty cheap ($20-25), but the cable's around $240. If it were cheaper (under $100), I'd probably buy it just to find out. It's also too bad I don't have access to a MUT 3 or other scan tools, because I wouldn't mind seeing if the DTC popped up using one of those.

I'm not terribly worried about the warranty, but I know others are. Although, it may be helpful if I were to blow something up .

It's possible the DTC may be stored somewhere else in the ECU or in another module, but unfortunately we don't know that to be 100% accurate, do we? If we do, then I guess my response is moot. It'd be really nice if a Mitsubishi engineer, calibrator, scan tool developer, tuner or technician would chime in.

UPDATE: I just rechecked with my OTC Nemisys, which can check for permanent DTCs, and the DTC still doesn't show up. I even returned to the stock map and rechecked. Still nothing. Plus, I still find it interesting the DTC originally wouldn't erase with my Cobb AP or Nemisys, but once I reset my map to stock, then reloaded the protune, the code was gone.

Last edited by orig6redwings; Oct 17, 2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 06:35 PM

Hey guys I cracked my piston on cylinder 4 due to cylinder detonation. Long story short took in the car (stock engine) to the dealer with no check engine light really strange how their was so light... And after weeks they tell me they're denying warranty due to over rev p0219 I became furious because I have never misshifted my car. I have bounced off the rev limited before though. I'm confused because I didn't have any codes... No freeze frame data was also recorded. Can they really deny warranty based off of this claim? My valves and everything else were perfect. I want them to prove to me that this bull**** code caused my broken piston.

Anyone else dealth with this? Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:10 AM

P0219 code

whats up fellas, I was reading through this thread and have a similar issue. I have a 2011 evo x which I got 3 months ago with 62k miles and had full bolt ons and the car was previously tuned. I had it tuned when I bought it just to make sure I tuned it and it was up to date. Couple of days ago I had the Cobb access port show a p0219 sensor when I saw the check engine light on. I don't beat on the car or have red lined it the car runs fine but a couple times when I turned it on it sounded kinda weak. Can this be from beating from the previous owners or just the engine being pushed to higher limits since it's tuned and I'm at 349 whp 325 torque.