Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X sells 315 units in June...Mitsu down 42.4%

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2008, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
the dealer on rt10 in randolph nj also had about 8 to 10 of them. there not moving other then one side of the lot to the other.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In all honesty, most people that have 35-40k to spend on a car, arent looking for at an evo X...a few exceptions older enthusiats. err spelling.

my dealership has about 8 evo x's there for the past 3 months sold 2, sticker is 39k.. silver evox mr there for 45k.. they do have a managers special there for 30k brand new evo X silver
Old Jul 1, 2008, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

An EVO is a luxury item. Banks aren't lending cheap money because of all the problems in real estate. It is hard for a lot of people to justify when they can't even unload their big trucks or SUV's as a source of a down payment.

I hear the regular lancers are selling fine. When you go to the local toyota store and find corollas in the showroom, you know things have changed.

I hope Mitsubishi can find their niche in North America, because there aren't enough dealers near me.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Indeed my friend at the dealership mentioned that the Lancers have sold quite well due to value and decent mileage. They also look pretty decent for a Lancer versus the first few models they released, course it's still no Evo but it's a start.

What they really need(ed) is a Hybrid vehicle that competes well and maybe a performance EVO with Hybrid technology. That would be badass to have a 300 HP engine with another 200 HP boost from the electrical side when racing and set to performance mode. Then when you are coasting around town to save gas you can basically just be idling to charge the electric side. Biggest thing is weight but battery weight has come down significantly after they started using battery technology like the Lithium Ion batteries in laptops.

Last edited by Hiboost; Jul 1, 2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

Hmmm, I guess my dealership was BSing me when they told me they've already sold 11 GSR's in july alone. I doubt they did 3.13% of all evo sales nationwide.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 06:40 PM

I did my part. Bought an Evo X w/SSS,Aero 2 weeks ago and traded in our '03 VIII w/66K miles. I got a great deal, equivalent to me selling the evo 8 privately for edmunds TMV and buying the new one at a few hundred over invoice, so it was a no brainer. Not to mention the $1100 I saved in tax.

Anyways, so far with the revised Mitsu flash we're averaging 23mpg in mixed and more like 26-27 on the highway. If I concentrate and hyper-mile I have seen 26mpg in mixed. Granted, that tanks when I really get on it and drive like an Evo, but 23/27 is better than a lot of "economical" cars, and certainly better than most 300hp sport sedans. I have a friend who bought a new CRV to save on gas and she doesn't get any better.

We will likely pick up a Mini Cooper or Honda Fit for those 40mpg road trips.

FWIW, my dealer had 13 Evo's at one point and I think they are down to 5-6 now.

Anyways, if anyone is in Austin go check out Pavillion Mitsu in north Austin. They are a new dealer and I want to make sure they stay here.... The last 2 pulled the plug before they even had a chance....

-Dave
'08 WW Evo X, SSS/Aero
'05 TB Evo VIII, SSL
Old Jul 1, 2008, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by boostless
Are you really surprised? The economy is in the sh*ts, 91 oct gas is $5/gallon and you think people are going to run out and get a 35-40k car that gets 18mpg? Come on.
My thoughts exactly! However, if they dropped cost a bit and offered 0% I would go get one right now!
Old Jul 1, 2008, 06:59 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
I average 3mpg better in my X than my IX. Cruise control ought to be called SELF control.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Speed Element
lower the price more and they will sell
QFT.

If mits could get the GSR's MSRP to $29,450 before any packages (SSS, or Aero) then I think it could make a huge difference for sales.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
All the car manufactures are reporting car sales being down. The only one that hasn't been hurt that much has been Hyundai. SUV and trucks sales are the worse, then large cars, midsize cars, etc etc.

Toyota, Honda, and Nissan are hurting too..but not that much, only because of their strong marketing presence of their cars being fuel effecient and Honda and Toyota having hybrid vehicles in their lineups.

Mitsu needs to start appeal to the fuel conscious consumer market. I finally saw a Mitsu ad marketing the new Lancer can get 30mpg. The new Outlanders also get better MPG than the previous year from better fuel mapping of the 08 models.
DId not look at all the reports yet but so far honda was the only one the was in the plus(1.1). Mitsu Did the worst. Down 42 when the industry is down 18%
Old Jul 1, 2008, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

There are far more X's here than VIII's and IX's!! They are all over the place!
Old Jul 1, 2008, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SRTRaceR04
There are far more X's here than VIII's and IX's!! They are all over the place!
In Ft lauderdale Miami area which is more than likely bigger than where you are I've seen 4 X's on the road. Not to say their are no more than that but I see 6 evo's a day ( VIII and IX) and the last I've seen an X was month and a half ago,
Old Jul 1, 2008, 07:47 PM

I'm doing my part!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMTz9nIUkGc
Old Jul 1, 2008, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kobi2002
In Ft lauderdale Miami area which is more than likely bigger than where you are I've seen 4 X's on the road. Not to say their are no more than that but I see 6 evo's a day ( VIII and IX) and the last I've seen an X was month and a half ago,

I have no doubt that your area is much larger. But also consider that I live in a neighboring city of Jacksonville, NC. Which is where Camp Lejeune is which is home to some 50,000 Marines. Marines love to buy cars. If it's a sport compact around the mid 30k mark or below, more than likely there are going to be several around here.

From what I hear there are like 2-3 Blue, a few white, a coupe blacks, a few silvers. Not really sure if there are any red ones here yet.

You can't even imagine the sheer number of SRT-4's there are around here!!
Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I will tell you what I think and by the way, some people already mentioned:

Price of gas going up
Evo X questionable gas mileage(do the math, 3600lbs with AWD and huge tires)
Cars like the BMW 135i elbow pushed the Evo with its competitive price( great gas mileage and performance as well)
Many dealers are still marking up the Evo X while competitors cars aren't
and finally, the Evo X hasn't been the cup of tea for many previous enthusiast(lack of 4g63, overweight car, etc)

my .2c

Carlos

Quick Reply: Evo X sells 315 units in June...Mitsu down 42.4%