Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Need advice Mitsu is denying warranty

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by leo_99
Well my luck did not improve much. They said that my engine failed due to bad maintenance. The said the oil was black thats why it failed. WTF, i have never done an oil change and not seen black oil

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/a...417_164858.jpg
http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/a...417_164933.jpg

Photo of the jumped teeth
http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/a...417_164912.jpg

I have sent the oil out to be tested
The oil in the evo can change color as soon as 1000k. And this is with premium ester based motul 8100.

GOOD call on getting it tested. get the results on paper and show up with it saying heres proof it wasnt oil failure.

if synthetic was used I find it very hard to believe it failing.... it takes like 10k+ kms for full synthetic to really start to degrade.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as far as i know there are no bent valves. They said i wont know till i put the chain back on and fire it up
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:24 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
In the end, if you have to pay for this chain install, it will be worth it. You'll have peace of mind that the chain is good and will have a longer longevity than the last one. Hope you don't have to pay, but if you do, it won't be the end of the world.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:36 PM

not the end of the world, no but i bought the car 2 months ago and paid like $3000 for an extended warranty! Fix it or give me my money back!
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
****ing dealerships, literally hit or miss.

When I had my 08 Gti I had a cam follower failure, (big problem on fsi VW/Audi motors).
Basically the fuel pump is driven by the cam shaft and a has a follower in between. I was fully bolted with an upgraded pump. My dealer said to swap out the pump leave the broken **** in there and you'll be good.

It was a 5k job all covered under warranty.

Just keep *****ing and moaning, theyll get sick of it and finally help you.

Or ask if they will do free labor if you pay for parts...
Old Apr 18, 2012, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

I'm telling you that you need to keep calling up Mitsu directly. Screw those stealerships. It is them that gives Mitsu the bad name when it comes to warranty and service. Mitsu got tired of dealing with me and told the dealership to replace my convertible top on my car. And then when that dealership was incompetent (Gillman San Antonio), Mitsu had another dealership fix the replacement top.

And yes. You should go and get your money back on that stupid 3rd party warranty. You know that 3rd party will also find any excuse not to cover warranty work in the future anyways. They are a rip off.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
You did this in CA?
Yep audio suffered though, because my phone was peaking from my button pocket shirt. Had to be slick about it. And I never said what I would exactly post on the forums other than leave my experience and expose trickery of this stealership on the boards and let future customers decide if they want to purchase their vehicles from there.

I was really treated like ****, esp after they took my money from me. You have to protect yourself in every way possible. I even had customers of the dealer in awe after they finally figured out whose evo it was out in the maintence lot for over a month. Guys would tell me "Oh so your the owner of that evo thats been sitting there? It's been there for over a month."

There is a list of terms that you sign on during financing. And they go over it, for instance mine said 1 year free oil change, detail, vehicle as is, 2 year extended warranty. (THESE ARE THE ONLY THINGS PROMISED). They make sure you know this indefinitely.

And they STRESS that this is all that is promised with the purchase and by signing it you and the dealer agree to these terms. Like I said they promise these things and they have to hold up to it. It's documentation that will most likely hold up in court. I can't describe how much this is stressed by the finance guys when your going through paperwork. As said I had to protect myself, a lot of companies are willing to walk all over little people because 95% of people will just give up and let it be.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:50 AM

actually i found a way to stick it back to them.

http://www.yellowpages.ca/search/si/...hi/Mississauga

There is a review section right off of yellow pages. Looks like i can be the first to leave them some feedback I would advise anyone that got screwed by them to do the same. That way anyone who googles them will get the feedback. Once my head clears i will be sure to leave my thoughts.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:55 AM

Also from an update perspective I might have made some progress. I called the 3rd party warranty company and apparently no one has called regarding this. I informed them that i was deing denied my clain from Mitsubishi because i do not have any receipts. Well Coverage One didnt ask me for proof when they sold me the coverage so clearly they can not now. They said that I am not able to open up a claim, that it has to be opened by the dealership. I got my call to an auditor and told them my situation. They said i need to get in writting that the dealership will not honor my claim and i should be able to put in a claim with them. According to them, even if the previous owner was a complete moron and didnt do a single oil change in 4 years i would still be covered under their policy as there is no way for me to know that when i bought the car. HOPEFULLY Dixie calls this in early today so i can get someone out to look at my claim today. I have been almost 2 weeks without my car now!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

actually i found a way to stick it back to them.

http://www.yellowpages.ca/search/si/...hi/Mississauga

There is a review section right off of yellow pages. Looks like i can be the first to leave them some feedback I would advise anyone that got screwed by them to do the same. That way anyone who googles them will get the feedback. Once my head clears i will be sure to leave my thoughts.
Also Dealerrater, yahoo, facebook, edmunds, ect.

There are all kinds of sites for dealership reviews. If a dealership has screwed you over we owe it to each other as consumers to inform others about it.

I probably left a review for Gillman San Antonio in about 8 different sites. I also tell as many people I can about my experience with them and what kind of people they employ.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
Can someone please provide a source, preferably in the form of a URL (but I'll take anything other than hearsay), to back up this idea that the 5/60 powertrain warranty isn't transferable?

To the OP: get the denial in writing. The only question that really matters, legalistically, is whether they are denying warranty work for a reason that could reasonably be seen as related to the problem or because it isn't covered in the first place. In your case, I'm sorry to say, I think you're SOL because (a) a denial on powertrain for a car with a high-flow cat would be seen as reasonable and (b) the powertrain warranty ran out a while ago, anyway. So, Mitsu is probably out, but it's worth escalating the issue to be sure. After that, it's up to your secondary warranty, but those companies are slime on earth, so I doubt you'll get satisfaction there, either.
Yes, the warranty is 100% percent transferable. I remember reading it in the manual. I wish people would stop spreading this.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by phishy
Yep audio suffered though...
You should seriously consider reading up on CA's both-party-consent laws for audio recordings before pulling this stunt again. (If you had their consent, then apologies.)

As always: I am not a lawyer, but I can read
Old Apr 20, 2012, 05:07 AM
Evolving Member

For those in Canada, the requirement for audio recording is one party consent. Good to know if you are dealing with a bad dealer, record it!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 05:10 AM
Evolving Member

Also from an update perspective I might have made some progress. I called the 3rd party warranty company and apparently no one has called regarding this. I informed them that i was deing denied my clain from Mitsubishi because i do not have any receipts. Well Coverage One didnt ask me for proof when they sold me the coverage so clearly they can not now. They said that I am not able to open up a claim, that it has to be opened by the dealership. I got my call to an auditor and told them my situation. They said i need to get in writting that the dealership will not honor my claim and i should be able to put in a claim with them. According to them, even if the previous owner was a complete moron and didnt do a single oil change in 4 years i would still be covered under their policy as there is no way for me to know that when i bought the car. HOPEFULLY Dixie calls this in early today so i can get someone out to look at my claim today. I have been almost 2 weeks without my car now!
Good stuff

Did Erin Mills ever provide you with written documentation that stated they wouldn't provide you warranty service? Now that you have AutoPark on your side, let's see what Jeff has to say.

Last edited by TrailBrake; Apr 20, 2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:04 PM

Nothing in writing of course. I called today and the service manager is on vacation. I then asked to talk to the GM for the site and he is on vacation too. So i am screwed.

Quick Reply: Need advice Mitsu is denying warranty