Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Need advice Mitsu is denying warranty

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2012, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting approach. I wish i knew that a few weeks ago. I will keep that in mind for any further warranty work.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 06:34 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by chansigril
regarding the catalytic converter installation... it is an aftermarket repair part that was installed on your vehicle when the original factory catalytic converter failed. this is a necessary repair and does not void any warranty. you cannot be required to install the oem part.
While true, a HFC or a Test Pipe won't qualify for a replacement for the factory cat. You still need a 300 cell cat.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by migs647
While true, a HFC or a Test Pipe won't qualify for a replacement for the factory cat. You still need a 300 cell cat.
Damn, well there goes that idea! thanks for clarifying.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:58 AM

OK, I am not sure if i should start a new topic here but i got my car back from the dealer. They had changed my timing chain. I was driving it a few days later on the highway and a light comes on. S-AWC service required. Then it appears that it went into a limp mode. I got to work and shut off the car. When i went out at lunch to start the car it was gone. A few days of driving and it came back! I called the dealer and they said this is completely unrelated and i will have to pay a $99 diagnostic fee to check it. Is it possible that something they did installing the chain could cause this?? or is it just dumb luck? I know there is a ecu flash that is supposed to address this. So I am not sure if i should pay the $99 for the firmware update or $99 for the diag?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 07:52 AM

Well just an update. Since this repair I have made a few more claims on my warranty with NO issues. My car is currently in getting a new drive shaft and I did not have to go though all the hoops again. Mitsu warranty is a complete joke! The Coverage One warranty I have purchased has been a life saver! I would HIGHLY recommend getting this if you are buying a used Mitsubishi. They WILL deny your warranty if you do not provide all the service records.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:30 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Curious what happened to your drive shaft?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:05 AM

Hey Migs, I am not sure what happened to it. It would not stay clicked in and kept popping out. They tried replacing the clip ring but that did not work so they replaced both the inner and outer shaft.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

I saw a truck that, that kept happening to when I worked in a shop. Best we could come up with was the truck hit something and it bent the carrier-bearing, and it ever so slightly bent the drive-shaft. After we replaced both the bearing (first go around) then the drive-shaft the second, it worked great.

The shop I worked at we found the truck was too old to get a shaft from the manufacture so we ended up having the DriveShaft Shop (well known for pro-racers) custom fab one, really high quality product too I need to add.

So, sorry to go off-topic, but yeah..probably ran over something that whacked the drive-shaft.