Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X - Model Year Differences

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2014, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mr2dsm
With GSR, only the leather equipped cars come with the center console cubby doors....
I have a 2014 GSR without leather and the center console does have the cubby doors. 2014 also comes standard with touchscreen/bluetooth stereo.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 01:47 AM

Can OP list all the confirmed changes in the first post so newbs don't have to read 5 pages of possible changes?
Old Feb 9, 2014, 04:22 AM

2012 GSR. DRLs, aero kit, cubby not covered. Crappy CMC. NAV. No leather interior.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 04:34 AM
Evolving Member

none of the links in the op work...
Old Feb 9, 2014, 04:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nickolai
I have a 2014 GSR without leather and the center console does have the cubby doors. 2014 also comes standard with touchscreen/bluetooth stereo.
How do you like the new stereo interface?
Old Feb 9, 2014, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by MrBonus
How do you like the new stereo interface?
I personally think it is pretty good. You have the ability to change songs over bluetooth which my GTi was not able to do. The display itself leaves something to be desired. The options for setting a background image and rearview camera seem to be greyed out so I will have to look into that more.

Also you can't make calls from the screen while driving. You have to physically pick up your phone and dial which I think is stupid and more dangerous than the behavior they are trying to prevent. You can do voice commands but I never trust those. Called the ex way too many times by accident...

Overall though it is pretty intuitive and makes it easy to switch between bluetooth sources. It also makes the interior look a little more upscale.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WinkleDinkle
I personally think it is pretty good. You have the ability to change songs over bluetooth which my GTi was not able to do. The display itself leaves something to be desired. The options for setting a background image and rearview camera seem to be greyed out so I will have to look into that more.

Also you can't make calls from the screen while driving. You have to physically pick up your phone and dial which I think is stupid and more dangerous than the behavior they are trying to prevent. You can do voice commands but I never trust those. Called the ex way too many times by accident...

Overall though it is pretty intuitive and makes it easy to switch between bluetooth sources. It also makes the interior look a little more upscale.
Thanks!

I was most concerned with the Bluetooth streaming and its quality. I'm glad to hear it's seamless.

My current Wrangler doesn't have a touch screen so you are forced to use voice dial or the phone. I think forced voice dial is pretty standard on most new cars for "safety reasons" anyway. My business partner's new Legacy is like this as well.

I have a 2014 MR-T coming in this week so I'm excited to see how much better it is compared to the 2008 X GSR (no options) that I sold a few years back.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 02:24 PM

I'm thinking about getting a x for my DD. Want the GSR so its a true manual. Any advice. I live in Utah so we do get a good amount of snow as well.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nickolai
I would like to see a pic of this... I'm talking about having the piano black trim around the shifter and continuing up under the heat/AC controls... Mitsubishi lists this option as "center console upgrade" . And on there website you cannot get center console upgrade on GSR unless you have the roof/leather option.... Unless you installed this option yourself or dealer installed.....
Old Feb 13, 2014, 12:42 PM

Is there a list of the changes made after 2012? I'm looking at getting a new Evo but maybe it'd be worthwhile to look for a lightly used 2011. Seems to be a good year to get everything I want.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Does anyone know the power differences from 2008-2014? Did 2012 just end up being a bad year or has the problem continued?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 09:53 AM

Base gsr no cubby doors, 2014.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 12:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got da first year x mr and loving it.someone mention after 08 model mitsubishi went from aluminum v-cover to plastic..lol.Best thing i did to my mr was swap out that stock cd player crap.I dont really knoe how the newer model x looks cus where im from mitsubishi pull out of town.so my x is pretty rare where i live.ahah
Old Jun 10, 2014, 07:06 AM

What's New for 2010:
After a one-year hiatus, the Lancer Evolution is back for 2010 with minor changes on top of its 2008 redesign. A new luxury-themed MR Touring trim level debuts, while all Evo versions benefit from a shorter radio antenna, more aggressive side sill extensions, a color multifunction display and a leather-wrapped parking brake handle.

What's New for 2011:
Aside from the addition of the Fuse voice activation system and real-time traffic updates, the 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution sees only a shuffling of standard and optional features.

What's New for 2012:
The 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution receives only minor changes, including soft-touch door panels and an optional auto-dimming rearview mirror.

What's New for 2013:
For 2013, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution sees no changes.

What's New for 2014:
The 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution gets a new touchscreen audio interface and satellite radio as standard, along with a revamped optional navigation system.