Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

AUX cable help

Old Jan 6, 2011, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 08redevox
Good info I will be picking that up soon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

That's the one I got. Important thing to note is that it is labelled as having female aux in and male aux out, but the unit is reversible and filters the same if you switch which is the input and output. Our unit, requiring the mini to aux cable, would technically require the male aux in and female aux out on the filter, but as I said it works the same either way. It's not too big, with the cables bundled up it tucks away in the dash pretty well. I use it in conjunction with:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/autopilot

Gives basic control over ipods for play/pause skip tracks etc, also powers the ipod and has an aux out jack on the charger itself, so I just have my ipod stuck in my glove compartment with a single cable coming out to the adapter. Not as nice as a headunit with ipod integration but still much better than stock.

Be sure to select the "Up to 70% off" option, because you can buy the previous model for $15 with free shipping, the new one retails for $50 and the only difference is if you have an iphone, the old one says it's not designed for it (although it worked just fine on my iphone for a year).