Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fostytou
Is there a particular reason you want the fogs on with the high beams? If it isn't foggy all your fogs are doing is blinding oncoming traffic (not really even illuminating anything extra). If it is foggy you are blinding yourself with your high beams as they reflect off the water droplets. IMHO fog lights are somewhere between useless and a safety hazard in general.
That said - the dealer will likely not be able to change the fog light option for you.

My dealer wanted an hour of labor to change the door locks from open one door when you touch the handle to opening all of them. This can be done with the factory navigation system too, but the key fob button combinations given in the owner's manual did not work and I do not have navi. This was after having my KOS reflashed the second time and it still "forgetting" my FASTKEY FOB/remote unlock buttons (works fine at the door and ignition) but the car was then out of warranty. I also had the single step instructions on the menu items you need to access to change it with their scan tool and offered to walk the tech through it for the 5 minutes it would take. Changing the stereo is a similar operation, but your dealer may charge less (or do it for free if you order the stereo parts from them).

There are many other uses for the tactrix cable, but you are going to have a little bit of "figuring stuff out" to do to get this done. IMHO, I'd be buying the tactrix cable anyway - so it is a no brainer. If not, see how much your dealer wants to charge and weigh the cost benefit yourself.

Well, let your doubts be freed. The dealer has the ability to change the sound system type and has the knowledge and manual to do so. They likely cannot change the fog light option though.
Digging up an old thread. Just swapped my 2012 rockford system w/ bluetooth for a 2011 rockford navigation unit. Same part number as the 2012 evo units. Will access to the ETACS be able to reconnect my Hands free module and let the car know it has navigation now?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 04:05 PM

I need to do copy of software from old etac without folding of mirror to a new with f

Originally Posted by fostytou
Scratch that! TPMS Disable is working in DiagBox!

Anything with "--" below is an action/selection

Thanks to this guy: http://m.mitsubishiforum.com/forum/s...&postcount=528 TrailBrake

I couldn't find any menus to program keys and didn't attempt any window mods yet (though I assume it only works for the driver's window). Hopefully I can look more soon.
Do
Old Nov 15, 2020, 11:30 AM

2015 evo x mr digabox tpms disable

Im not sure if this thread is still active or if there is a easy way to go abot this. I am trying to disable my tpms sensors using digabox 7.52. I have the software installed and i am able to view vin #.
As long as i fallow the instructions step by step i should be fine?

Old Nov 15, 2020, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No, MR or RA transmission configuration will be corrupted rendering your Evo a real estate.
There are proper tools for that, for example ETACS Decoder.