Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Is there a solution/workaround to the Apexi AVC-R Settings-Bug?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2009, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Is there a solution/workaround to the Apexi AVC-R Settings-Bug?

Hey guys!

This AVC-R is really starting to **** me off now... What use is having an A and a B setting, if every time you change it the entire thing gets messed up and you have to reprogram it from scratch to get rid of the "kangoroo-effect".

Kinda reluctant to even try it by now... I've done it like 3 times in 2 years and EVERY F****** TIME the AVC-R messes up and has to be reprogrammed.

It's not a faulty unit since everybody I know experiences the exact same problem... Whats the deal?

Is there a workaround/solution/firmware upgrade/whatever to deal with this?

Thanks in advance!

Seb
Old Feb 2, 2009, 07:14 PM
Account Disabled

Your in luck, there is a fix for this!!!!

Forge unos
Old Feb 2, 2009, 11:08 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
another solution

get rid of it

those things are very old news
Old Feb 3, 2009, 03:39 AM
Evolving Member

Alright, alright, enough with the jokes already...

Old maybe, but I have yet to come across a unit that regulates boost as nicely as the avc-r...

If I keep it on one setting, it's everything and far more I could ever wish of a boost-controller, so what do I care if you consider it old or not? It works and it works more then well... Flawless exept for the stupid bug to be precise...
Old Feb 3, 2009, 04:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why do you keep changing it? once its set leave it alone. its a pain to set up but when you got it. it works good. be patient you pretty much hve to tune it. set target boost then adjust duty cycle down for spikes and up for target boost not reached at the rpm its doing it at. its easier to see on a dyno as you can read your boost curve alot better rpm based. and no speeding tickets while your adjusting. ive been using it for 3 yrs now and im still learning stuff about it. theres not too many people on here that really know how to use it. i will continue to use it as it still new to me cause im still learning all the other options the avcr has to offer. set A for high boost tuned for the street pump gas, B set for even higher boost tuned for race gas or meth. or just turn it off a run waste gate pressure if just putting around.

Last edited by TIBOevo; Feb 3, 2009 at 04:39 AM.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TIBOevo
why do you keep changing it? once its set leave it alone. its a pain to set up but when you got it. it works good. be patient you pretty much hve to tune it. set target boost then adjust duty cycle down for spikes and up for target boost not reached at the rpm its doing it at. its easier to see on a dyno as you can read your boost curve alot better rpm based. and no speeding tickets while your adjusting. ive been using it for 3 yrs now and im still learning stuff about it. theres not too many people on here that really know how to use it. i will continue to use it as it still new to me cause im still learning all the other options the avcr has to offer. set A for high boost tuned for the street pump gas, B set for even higher boost tuned for race gas or meth. or just turn it off a run waste gate pressure if just putting around.
Don't get me wrong, I know how to set it up and tune it just fine... No problems there...

It's just that when I SWITCH between the A and B settings, it gets corruped or something and I end up having to reset the unit and program it anew...
Old Jul 6, 2009, 06:48 AM

Did you end up resolving this?

I am having an issue where I set something in A and then go to B its also gets set there.. and vice versa.

So really I only have one setting. Its like its sharing memory.. fark
Old Apr 27, 2010, 04:28 AM

anyone can comment on this. problem still there and its getting annoying
Old Apr 27, 2010, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BlitZ168
anyone can comment on this. problem still there and its getting annoying
I know mate... I just resigned to only use the A-setting... Make the A-Setting your top performance setting and use less gas if you don't want it to go that fast...
Old May 4, 2010, 09:58 AM

...I've never heard of this problem from anyone ever. Are you sure you aren't just relying too much on feedback, and when you change settings the feedback learning is lost?
Old May 4, 2010, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by arghx7
...I've never heard of this problem from anyone ever. Are you sure you aren't just relying too much on feedback, and when you change settings the feedback learning is lost?
Feedback learning!?!? Could you please elaborate, what you mean? I only know of the dutycycle auto-learn?!?