Notices

Lancer MAF Swap Step-by-Step Guide

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 08:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old Dec 26, 2022, 12:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Are you guys still following this thread? if so the problems your experiencing arent particular to any MAF. its the elements of the tables your scaling with. scalings need to be airflow/hz (scale for Load in Hz) and L/Hz (math expression for scale). set the table with the scalings/data you have. then change the scalings to the ones above. there is your base. ive pulled over 1700hz with the stock maf so i would aim for 2k region., use the math to find the numbers. for l/hz should be number like 0.1xxxxx or something to that nature. if it doesnt run right the recheck math and also there is some forums for more info. if running really rich scale down numbers and maf size. in theory, doesnt matter what maf is used it just has to be calcukated correctly like any other sensor. also i noticed something about a "restrictor plate" dont remove that. it doesnt restrict air it "tunnels" the air into the sensor portion of the unit so it can be read efficiently. if removed hz read wont be accurate. without forced induction 4g94 will not pull near enough air for that plate to matter. when you have table right you will see how much better performance will be. evo maf which is not much bigger if you think about it has been logged at over 3k hz so there is plenty of wiggle room for our maf size. its all about the data in the table. also ive relealized that barometric and temp comps are super super important as well. ikll post tables below thats upscaled. for evo maf that works great with my 02 oz lancer
Attached Thumbnails Lancer MAF Swap Step-by-Step Guide-hz-scale.png