Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

4B11 dyno list

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2007, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
By my estimates, the CHP should be in the ballpark of 170 (going by the way we traditionally rate CHP). From what I've heard, they changed the ASA standards on how automakers can rate CHP; this has lead to lower numbers being listed.

An example being that WRXs have always been listed as 227 HP, yet despite Subaru upping the engine from 2L to 2.5L, it is now rated at 224 CHP. The car is most likely more powerful than before, it's just rated differently.
True cobb listed the 2.5L WRX at 250hp and 280tq.

And yes i think the 08 Lancer is highly underrated from the factory. I been checking out the 1/4 miles times for them and no way an 152hp engine can put up such consistent 1/4 times. Im with the majority of you guys i think the lancer has about 160+hp.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by madfast
is that chart a baseline or after the piggy? one chart without the other is plain useless. we all know cars will get different ratings even on the same dyno.

possibly the lancer lent to evom was a bit more powerful like some press cars are known to be??? even with the new sae hp ratings 140 whp seemed quite high. especially when you consider that every review talks about how weak the engine is and i don't think a 140 whp car would feel that weak, cvt or not. now 123 whp is more inline with the factory hp rating and with what the reviews have been saying.
Thats what I'm saying.

Again I didn't want to post these numbers until I ran the car again. Its hard to compare my numbers against some Dynomite dyno (that noones has ever heard of) that is obviously as acurate as a G-Tech.

Again, I challenge ALL that think their stock Lancer is faster.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

heatsoak?
Old Jul 30, 2007, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

What?
Old Jul 30, 2007, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SeRious08
Thats what I'm saying.

Again I didn't want to post these numbers until I ran the car again. Its hard to compare my numbers against some Dynomite dyno (that noones has ever heard of) that is obviously as acurate as a G-Tech.

Again, I challenge ALL that think their stock Lancer is faster.
whats wrong with my g-tech I love that thing, it blinks and all
Old Jul 30, 2007, 02:08 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Please keep it on-topic, folks.

And please do not bash one dyno over another. Different dynos, different results. That doesn't mean that one is more accurate.

Personally, I'm having a hard time telling which runs are which on SeRious's dyno plot, so I won't comment on that. But everyone please remember that this thread is not meant to be a "my car vs. your car" or "my dyno vs. your dyno" competition. It is just meant to be a database of dyno runs on various cars and dynos so that future users have something to compare to.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

OK there are a couple problems with the dyno comparisons. The dyno sheet that Blacksheep listed is from AtlanticMotorSport in Maryland and done on a stock Lancer. There is NO way in hell that you are losing 20+ WHP and TQ with a modded Lancer to a stock one. There dyno is a Dynomite and all of there pulls where done in 3rd gear. You arent suppose to do pulls in 4th gears so who ever you went to should have know that. There is no way you can compare these two sheets. Serios8 You need to take your ride to a better shop( Do a little research before you go next time) that has a tuner on hand. Have them hook to your piggy and show you a detailed list of what your a/f and spark are doing and if needed a slight tweak(No two cars are the same so a little tweak can do a lot) during the dyno pulls. The first Dyno sheet from AMS Maryland is dead on so there has to be improvement from that not decline.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 03:51 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by show time
There is no way you can compare these two sheets.
The first Dyno sheet from AMS Maryland is dead on so there has to be improvement from that not decline.
First you say the correct thing (that they can't be compared).
Then you try to compare the two.

Can't have it both ways.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

I meant on the next dyno sheet not that one he has now.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 04:33 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

But you mentioned comparing it to the AMS sheet (which is Ali's). That's my point.

The AMS sheet means nothing unless SeRious08 gets his car dynoed on a Dynomite dyno.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

I'm trying to locate one.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 05:27 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by SeRious08
I'm trying to locate one.
That would be outstanding. It'd be quite interesting to see how tuning for your specific car/mods changes the numbers.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
But you mentioned comparing it to the AMS sheet (which is Ali's). That's my point.

The AMS sheet means nothing unless SeRious08 gets his car dynoed on a Dynomite dyno.
There is also nothing to compare unless he dynos the car with RRM parts and without RRM parts.

Those pulls he did could have been 30 HP over his car stock, but we will never know either way. What if he gets it done again and the HP is right at 145?

Without a before and after its always gonna be either "the dyno was wrong, I swear I can feel the power" or "OMG LOOK HOW AWESOME MY CAR IS!".

At this point Serious I hope when you have a shop do it the correct way, whatever that may be, you are happy with the results
Old Jul 30, 2007, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by show time
There dyno is a Dynomite and all of there pulls where done in 3rd gear. You arent suppose to do pulls in 4th gears so who ever you went to should have know that.
The car should be dynoed in the gear that is closest to 1:1. It is not always 3rd gear, but in this car it probably is.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LancerGTS
There is also nothing to compare unless he dynos the car with RRM parts and without RRM parts.

Without a before and after its always gonna be either "the dyno was wrong, I swear I can feel the power" or "OMG LOOK HOW AWESOME MY CAR IS!".
I was going to unplug the piggy on the last run to compare, but once the car was on the dyno there is no touching it. It was a special 3 pulls for $35 with no tech time. Once I find a decent dyno I will pay for 3 pulls and tech time.

I only did this as a base dyno.

Quick Reply: 4B11 dyno list