Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

2009 GTS Fast Key Doesn't Work

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2010, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 GTS Fast Key Doesn't Work

Hey I have a big problem. The other day I went to my car and hit the unlock button on my fast key like normal. Funny thing is this wasn't normal because the car didn't unlock. So I looked at the fast key remote and hit the button again to see if the battery was dead. The light flashed like normal but the doors didn't unlock. Now I started to worry, so I took the actual key out the remote to manually unlock the door, then boom my alarm starts to ring! Now I'm getting mad cause the car is drawing alot of unneeded attention. Now I think to myself that I'm near home and have a spare key to try, so I go home and get the spare come back and the spare works. Ok I'm in business but what about the other key? Now I'm mixing and matching keys to remote to see where the problem lies. Still nothing from the remote I normally use. My last ditch effort was to change the battery, I did and still Nothing. Please can somebody tell me what I might have done wrong or have gone threw the same problem. I have a 2009 Lancer GTS Cvt
Old Jan 12, 2010, 05:16 AM

I searched this site and found my own answer. Here is the link ( https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...important.html ) Very important information.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

hssle
Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:39 AM

Charismatic27 I don't own this car yet but I was reading this forum to see what problems some people may have with this car.

I understand what happened to you and read the thread that you found to help you out. What I don't understand is that this is a known issue on 2008 models, since you have a 2009 model shouldn't you already have the updated FAST Key? Just curious, what did the dealer tell you?
Old Feb 14, 2010, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Charismatic27
Hey I have a big problem. The other day I went to my car and hit the unlock button on my fast key like normal. Funny thing is this wasn't normal because the car didn't unlock. So I looked at the fast key remote and hit the button again to see if the battery was dead. The light flashed like normal but the doors didn't unlock. Now I started to worry, so I took the actual key out the remote to manually unlock the door, then boom my alarm starts to ring! Now I'm getting mad cause the car is drawing alot of unneeded attention. Now I think to myself that I'm near home and have a spare key to try, so I go home and get the spare come back and the spare works. Ok I'm in business but what about the other key? Now I'm mixing and matching keys to remote to see where the problem lies. Still nothing from the remote I normally use. My last ditch effort was to change the battery, I did and still Nothing. Please can somebody tell me what I might have done wrong or have gone threw the same problem. I have a 2009 Lancer GTS Cvt
happened to me too, you have to go to dealer to reprogram or replace the key fob. mine had to be replaced, covered under warrantee.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 07:51 PM

my cell phone interferes with my fast key on my Outlander and did as well on my GTS