Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

4g94 to a 4g64 or 4g63

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MarkOJ1011
I hate to break this to you... but that 4g64 swap that was performed on a Lancer only made around 130 or so whp with all those mods that you listed. Yeah sure... turbo and internal work would most likely bump that up close to 300... but it's still going to cost you some serious cash. In the end you could spend less cash building up the 4g94 with turbo and make comparable power.

Now here's my question... why even do an engine swap? Unless you have the resources and the know-how to do so, I don't recommend an engine swap. It is A LOT of work and you will be running into problems left and right... trust me on this...

I can tell you're not made of money... so why bother? Don't take this as me knocking you down or anything... but you really don't have a reason to even consider a swap.
sorry to say it made 167whp untuned !!!!!

Last edited by LancerPride; Jul 21, 2008 at 08:27 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by LancerPride
he said it would be 800 bucks
"He said" quickly becomes "pay us or we'll keep your car".
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

ha! threads like this make my night!
Old Jul 21, 2008, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to say it made 167whp untuned !!!!!
You were there when it was dynoed? We were... and it did not make that power. Come on now... this is rediculous. If you really want this swap done... go ahead and do it. We're just here to inform you, but I think you pretty much have your mind made up.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 10:35 PM

Yes i do i have the money to do it so im going to do it
Old Jul 21, 2008, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

Yes i do i have the money to do it so im going to do it

Good luck. I will come back to this thread in about a year or so to see the progress.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 01:33 AM

ok i understand what you mean but some of the people that posted just put it in a bad way i dont want to have any enemies here so lets just drop what has been said and i will take all your guys info and think about what im going to do i just dont want to spend 2 grand on a motor that has 150k miles on it
Old Jul 22, 2008, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Dude you're in Tampa, I've looked on car-parts, there are shops around you that have the engine AND tranny for 900 bucks. Trust me I've looked into it around our area. we are all alone when it comes to engine swaps, there is nobody around our area that is willing to do swaps for us. I'm a local I've been here forever. I've heard the same "I'll do it for one grand" "I'll get it done bro, won't be too high I'll let you know" When you say an engine swap shops assume that it's going to be some kind of direct swap and they have some stupid thing called "faith" in the owner that he knows what he's asking of the shop. It WON'T be $800. If you want to get this done for reasonable price start from another aspect. Upgrade ALL your suspension first. The lancer is an amazing car with handling and I think you'll be satisfied with doing that first. AFTER you realize how much money you're putting into a decent suspension you will either want to put more or keep going I don't know you or what you do. Then check out the engine. If you get an engine that has high mileage as long as it isn't seized, you're fine, just change out vital parts. all the gaskets, the timing belt, water pump, etc. It's easy when the engine is off the car. Just by the way you talk dude (no offense) but you do not sound like you're savvy with this type of stuff. I don't know if you're new to mitsubishi's, but like everyone has said 4G94, NOT the way to go if you want to be powerful on the roads. As it is, I don't understand what you are expecting from a FWD car anyway. Either way I wish you luck and take everything into consideration.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

ok i understand what you mean but some of the people that posted just put it in a bad way i dont want to have any enemies here so lets just drop what has been said and i will take all your guys info and think about what im going to do i just dont want to spend 2 grand on a motor that has 150k miles on it
None of us are trying to be your enemies, if anything we all want this project to succeed. We are just trying to warn you of possible/probable outcomes.

As with anything that hasn't been done, or hasn't been done often, there's an unknown risk.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 07:46 AM

Yeah i understand im starting to buy the parts already got the tranny but im having a hard time finding the damn motor

anybody have any info where i can get one at a good price i found some but they want 1k for a motor that has 100k on it thats just F#$@ Crazy
Old Jul 27, 2008, 08:57 AM

Hmmm, why would it be hard to find the 4g64 motor??? That motor is all over the place. I went the the junkyard 2 days ago here in beaufort, sc and i seen 3 4g64 motors there. Now you can get a 4g64 motor and do a 4g63 dohc head swap which will work with out a doubt. check it out. http://4g64.150m.com/

Old Jul 27, 2008, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

a shop saying they can do it and then actually doing it is two different things. How many times has that shop down any swap?? Honda swaps dont count i can do one in 3 hours by myself. Markoj is just trying to give you a heads up as me and him have done the math and its alot of money either swap remember its not just the motor theres alot of UNSEEN problems you run into just do a little more homework before. If you can do it for really cheap. I hope it works out
Old Jul 27, 2008, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by yellance
a shop saying they can do it and then actually doing it is two different things. How many times has that shop down any swap?? Honda swaps dont count i can do one in 3 hours by myself. Markoj is just trying to give you a heads up as me and him have done the math and its alot of money either swap remember its not just the motor theres alot of UNSEEN problems you run into just do a little more homework before. If you can do it for really cheap. I hope it works out

Already did all my homework thats why im buying parts now and save up so if it does cost more for the swap then i will have the extra 5 grand to do it

it shouldnt cost 5 grand for just the swap anyways
Old Jul 30, 2008, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

OK, I think I will close this thread. When the build begins to take place, a new thread can be made on the progress. This thread is going nowhere.