Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Visit to the Dealer proves Pointless - Answers Needed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2008, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im from East Haddam , but work in Cheshire. So the Wallingford dealer was awesome for me, I could hit it up after work for oil changes on the way home...

New Britain is not to bad, I could shoot up rt 71 to get there, then get right on rt 9 to get home... But not to sure about this dealer just yet. The only good thing is the dude said he wont ever bust my chops aboput mods.. as long as I dont turbo it, he said we'll have no problems.

Vernon might be too far for me, but I wont count it out just yet.. the next nearest Mitsu dealer to me is in Groton
Old Apr 2, 2008, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Nice, I havn't brought up any questions about mods to the service department. Next time im there I'll have to remember to pop the question to the head service guy.

And I dont even know who the next closest dealer is to me lol. But mitsu in vernon is rebuilding their service department, so right now its mixed with the kia service thats next door. kinda weird seeing the EVO X chillin in the Kia sales building
Old Apr 2, 2008, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
North shore Mitsubishi in Vancouver is my main dealer. I didn't buy from them but I definitely love the service, they know what they are doing, notify me of any tsb's I don't know about and do everything spot on! I am bringing them a case of beer for sure!
Old Apr 3, 2008, 09:48 AM

I went to the Milford dealership to get my service D done yesterday, but never again will I go there. Waste of my time, money, and gas to get up there. Complete and blithering idiots. I'm going to nag them until I get my relays fixed and then I'm done with going to that dealership.

After that I'm going to find a local shop that I can trust to do all the work at nearly a fraction of the cost. This way I don't have to leave the place with my car after shelling out $180 and wondering if they actually performed the services they said they were going to perform.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 12:47 PM

lol... went to dealership recently... told them about the no-start TSB... they checked my VIN and found nothing... didnt' acknowledge there was such thing until i showed them a printout of it...

that... and also the fact that the car was creaking over bumps... been to the dealership TWICE... during the second time... they took it for a test drive and said they didn't hear anything... the minute i get in with them to do the test drive... they hear it without me even saying a word...

PLUS... the spend at least an hour trying to find the problem... using a special tool to trace the sound and in the end.... couldn't even fix the problem.

i went home and googled for 5mins, bought some silicone grease... sprayed the swaybar bushings and voila... creaking went away.

so yes, i feel your rant... dealers can be useless sometimes...
Old Apr 14, 2008, 03:40 PM

I could have sworn you were talking about Baierl Mitsubishi in Pittsburgh when I started reading your post. Sounds exactly like every experience I've ever had.

And my GTS also has the fading spots on the fake carbon fiber trim. It's only mildly annoying, far less irritating than the constant glass sounding rattle coming from directly inside the dashboard. Can't tell if its behind the instrument gauges or inside the a/c vents. It's very frustrating. When pointed out to the dealership they assured me there was no way they could look at that on such short notice and that they'd need it for at least a day... Now I'm stuck googling to find a way to take the dash apart myself. Obviously a loose connection or pin or something.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by cymdiggity
I could have sworn you were talking about Baierl Mitsubishi in Pittsburgh when I started reading your post. Sounds exactly like every experience I've ever had.

And my GTS also has the fading spots on the fake carbon fiber trim. It's only mildly annoying, far less irritating than the constant glass sounding rattle coming from directly inside the dashboard. Can't tell if its behind the instrument gauges or inside the a/c vents. It's very frustrating. When pointed out to the dealership they assured me there was no way they could look at that on such short notice and that they'd need it for at least a day... Now I'm stuck googling to find a way to take the dash apart myself. Obviously a loose connection or pin or something.
I have the same dash rattle. Just wondering, is your GTS one of the earlier released models, because I got mine when they first came out in 2007.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 04:18 PM

Yeah I got mine the last week of April last year. They actually got it from New York.

As for the rattle, it doesn't seem to be anything on the outside of the dash, gauges, etc. I press everywhere and the rattle continues. Definitely inside the dash. I also for a little while thought that the spots on the trim were due to some ArmorAll wipes, but that seems pretty unlikely, and the clear coating on top of it is in tact... but it's really something I can live with, the rattle on the other hand...
Old Apr 15, 2008, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

as far as the cf panels i really dont they will do anything about them.

last year my sunroof kept acting up, so i took it in. they said it wasnt under warranty because the motor/button is considered a "trim piece"... how lame is that.

so after having other problems with them like this i dont even care anymore and just dropped in the turbo... by by warranty :P
Old Apr 15, 2008, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
your dealer sucks....5 year bumper to bumper warranty....no trim crap that isn't warranty they suck.