Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Stock C6 Z06 = OWNAGE!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by triple6; Mar 25, 2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

My dad actually has a c6 z06 and I find my EVO more enjoyable to drive. I think its because I feel more comfortable driving the evo 10/10ths and in the zo6 thats down right scary. If I was a better driver my opinion would probably be different..
Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

Last edited by triple6; Mar 25, 2006 at 08:25 PM.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
Ouch??? Ouch what???

To get into a 06 Z06 you'd have to shell out over $65-$70,000.00 before they hand you the keys, and who knows if dealers are marking them up???

compared to the $30-$35K Evo, I think the EVO is a bargain.....

If you can afford to pay for the performance of a new Z06 then great....more power to you, but dump a few grand into an EVO and you'll be able to hang with and if not beat the Z06.
Trust me we're in complete agreement! The Evo will hang with lots of the supercars out there with nowhere near the investment both on the strip and around the twisties. If I had to drive and not sell either car to make a profit I'd take the Evo over the Z06 given the choice. You can't convert a Corvette to AWD and I'd never go back to 2WD

Tom
Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

on the new thread where he runs a 11.20

There is a guy a couple posts down whose list of cars are:

'01 ZO6 427 LPE
'06 ZO6
'04 ZO6
'06 Viper Coupe
'01 360 6spd
'97 Viper GTS 510ci 9.83@142.3
'05 745i
'73 T/A 462ci/5spd
'69 Camaro pro-tour 534ci/6spd

seriously i need to get ridiculous rich
Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

Ouch??? Ouch what???

To get into a 06 Z06 you'd have to shell out over $65-$70,000.00 before they hand you the keys, and who knows if dealers are marking them up???

compared to the $30-$35K Evo, I think the EVO is a bargain.....

If you can afford to pay for the performance of a new Z06 then great....more power to you, but dump a few grand into an EVO and you'll be able to hang with and if not beat the Z06.
but then you're driving just that....an evo..lol (and one with no warranty either)

it's all relative....a z06 competes with the best all around performance cars (i.e exotics and triple digit beasts)...you don't need to throw any money to make up the money difference in order to beat most of those

sorry, but the new z06 outclasses the evo in pretty much every performance category except for the big wing, 4-door, altezza boy racer category
Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pb24dagrk
but then you're driving just that....an evo..lol (and one with no warranty either)

it's all relative....a z06 competes with the best all around performance cars (i.e exotics and triple digit beasts)...you don't need to throw any money to make up the money difference in order to beat most of those

sorry, but the new z06 outclasses the evo in pretty much every performance category except for the big wing, 4-door, altezza boy racer category

You forgot to add the AWD factor also

And sure I'll admit the Z06 is a great performer, but it means you still would have spent an extra $35-$40K more over the EVO to get into one......
Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

You forgot to add the AWD factor also

And sure I'll admit the Z06 is a great performer, but it means you still would have spent an extra $35-$40K more over the EVO to get into one......
ok? and honestly it's worth that much more...it's in a whole other class and category in performance, and somewhere where the evo is not.....you're basically getting a low 11 second car off the factory floor with world class handling, braking, and performance of supercars

people that have that much money to spend are going to buy the best car they can in that price range .....the new z06 is a bigger bang for the buck, way far so than the evo

why buy an evo when you can buy a $2k beater and dump $30k into that and spank the evo? you don't hear z06 owners say "i can dump $30k into a z06 and spank an s7...because that's just retarded

Last edited by pb24dagrk; Mar 9, 2006 at 04:07 AM.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by John4321
Not trying to start an argument, but the highest I've seen with cam and headers is in the 540rwhp range. I don't think anyone has cracked 600 yet without nitrous.
Whoops you are somewhat closer than I.

554 rwhp 501rwtq - Headers + cam, untuned

708 rwhp 676rwtq - above + 150shot

http://www.horsepowerengineering.com/media/ZO6NOS.wmv The download is slow

I could have sworn somone made real close to if not right at 600rwhp.

To everyone who is saying "an evo with 30k more in it would blah blah blah" needs to get over it. The C6 Z06 is the superior car, period. Your awd 4 door 4 cylinder is not on the same level as this car, so quit trying to compare them.

When somone can make 550 whp on pump gas in an evo, and make it weigh a couple hundred pounds less, then you can compare them. Of course you would still need some leather seats, better breaks, and no lag whatsoever.

Last edited by LpBevoEvo; Mar 9, 2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 01:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LpBevoEvo

To everyone who is saying "an evo with 30k more in it would blah blah blah" needs to get over it. The C6 Z06 is the superior car, period. Your awd 4 door 4 cylinder is not on the same level as this car, so quit trying to compare them.

When somone can make 550 whp on pump gas in an evo, and make it weigh a couple hundred pounds less, then you can compare them. Of course you would still need some leather seats, better breaks, and no lag whatsoever.
I agree with you!!! EVO was build for RALLY not for DRAG RACING!!! When people is going to understand this?? You guys don't see vettes in rallys do you?
they won't be competitors at all, just my opinion.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 04:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOGOD21
I agree with you!!! EVO was build for RALLY not for DRAG RACING!!! When people is going to understand this?? You guys don't see vettes in rallys do you?
you got a point, but don't forget that as amazing the z06 is in drag racing, it truly shines on a road course where the evo gets left behind even moreso unless it's raining or snowing
Old Mar 9, 2006, 04:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LpBevoEvo

they just don't understand...i don't know what it is about this site, but everyone here thinks that the evo was layed down by god himself
Old Mar 9, 2006, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

ok? and honestly it's worth that much more...it's in a whole other class and category in performance, and somewhere where the evo is not.....you're basically getting a low 11 second car off the factory floor with world class handling, braking, and performance of supercars

people that have that much money to spend are going to buy the best car they can in that price range .....the new z06 is a bigger bang for the buck, way far so than the evo

1 why buy an evo when you can buy a $2k beater and dump $30k into that and spank the evo? 2 you don't hear z06 owners say "i can dump $30k into a z06 and spank an s7...because that's just retarded

1) well it depends on what kinda $2K beater you buy

2) Well, I'm sure a Z06 owner can say that...
Old Mar 9, 2006, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOGOD21

Yeah, why cant we all just get along??? I just dont get it...
Old Mar 9, 2006, 05:41 AM
Evolving Member

they just don't understand...i don't know what it is about this site, but everyone here thinks that the evo was layed down by god himself
The C6 zo6 is a great car. In MY opinion for that kind of bread i would expect that kind of performance and nothing less. When it's all said and done. You get what you pay for. IF you want factory 11 second performance, great handling, pretty good looks, 2 doors, no rear seats, and rwd then the z06 is the car for you. If you want something a little more versitile that still has GREAT potential to be whatever you want to make it without spending "too much money" then the evo is a great contender. Neither car was layed down by god, and the owners that think so really need a reality check. Personally if i did have the money to spend on a Z06, i wouldnt, but thats only becuase i really like the idea of having a rear seat in whatever car im in. I would opt for something like a E55 AMG etc. Now if i already had a DD and had extra money for a play toy, then id have to get the Z06, and throw on two hair dryers and call it a day