Notices

infected's 2013 RVR SE AWD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2015, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Lancer Bass
I just found your thread, and you have done an awesome job on you RVR! I especially love those tail lights. I'm thinking of getting something similar

You plan on changing your fog lights to the new LED style? Or keeping it original for now?
Do those Lancer lams actually work on the RVR/OS? They look a bit different? On fog, one could always drop a CREE bulb in there.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lancer Bass
I just found your thread, and you have done an awesome job on you RVR! I especially love those tail lights. I'm thinking of getting something similar

You plan on changing your fog lights to the new LED style? Or keeping it original for now?
Thank you for the kind words! Those lights look awesome! Please keep us posted when you decide to pick up a set.

Didn't even realize there were so many Calgarians on here, we should probably set up a Mitsu meet sometime, aside from the Mitsu day Platinum hosts annually which I somehow always end up out of town during those days.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, they always hold them around Canada Day or Stampede when true Calgarians are out of town. http://www.mitsu.ca/CMOD.htm
Old Oct 18, 2015, 03:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your rear led lamps, I got the same on my ASX 2.2D automatic, but immediatly the ABS/ASC lamps started to flash, and I could start the car with my startbuttom without depressing the brake. I found out that the led aftermarket rear lamps misses a 1000ohm resistor between 2pins to the connectors in the lamps. Installed the resistors and all started to work as orignal rear lamps.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gazer
Your rear led lamps, I got the same on my ASX 2.2D automatic, but immediatly the ABS/ASC lamps started to flash, and I could start the car with my startbuttom without depressing the brake. I found out that the led aftermarket rear lamps misses a 1000ohm resistor between 2pins to the connectors in the lamps. Installed the resistors and all started to work as orignal rear lamps.
Sorta tangential... on the latest Nissan's the brake relay is interconnected with the CVT! Crazy.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 06:54 AM

Does that resistor go between the turn signal wires ? I'm having the same issue after installing the tail lights yesterday
Old Feb 10, 2016, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by infected
With the DRL mandatory on Canadian vehicles, it was affecting the way my HID was running as it used a variable signal to the low beams instead of a direct current when the DRL was on. This caused the HID to flicker and a relay would not have solved the issue, as discussed on other 07+ Mitsubishi vehicles. Instead of using a capacitor to try and mimic a direct current, or relay the low beams to the parking lights, I decided to rewire the low beams and fog lights since they are both H11. Everything works the same and only requires a couple extension pigtails to bring the low beam down to the fogs and the fogs to the HID.

Here is position 0 and everything is off. DRL is on.

Here is position 1 and parking lights are on. DRL is on.

Here is position 2 and parking lights are on, low beams are now full power to DRL.

Here is position 2 and fog light switch activated to turn on the HID. Everything is on.

I like having the fogs as the DRL like on the 11-12 model years. I never drive with the fogs off when the low beams are at full power during the night anyways. This works perfect for me to not have to deal with relays or capacitors while still being able to retain full control of the lights and avoid issues with the DRL disturbing the HID. When high beams are on, the quick flash does not turn off the HID, but high beams on constant will turn off the HID as it is now wired to the fog. I don't use the high beams on constant too often so this is not much of an issue for me. It's nice the quick high beam flash does not turn off the HID to prolong bulb life.
Where did You get the pigtail adapters at I was be able to turn on my fog lights with my drl switch
Old Feb 10, 2016, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jorge Fernandez
Where did You get the pigtail adapters at I was be able to turn on my fog lights with my drl switch
You will be able to find them on aliexpress by searching "H11 extension."
Old Feb 11, 2016, 08:05 AM

You will be able to find them on aliexpress by searching "H11 extension."
Awesome so the way you connected it is how exactly? I'm trying to connect my DRL'S to my fog lights that way when I turn the light knob once to my DRL'S so they can both turn on .... But I was also thinking that if I run the extension to my fog lights n the same one to my DRL'S n the power source my fog light power connector will become unused wouldn't that cause a warning pop up on my dash? I'm confused Lmfao hopefully your not.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jorge Fernandez
Awesome so the way you connected it is how exactly? I'm trying to connect my DRL'S to my fog lights that way when I turn the light knob once to my DRL'S so they can both turn on .... But I was also thinking that if I run the extension to my fog lights n the same one to my DRL'S n the power source my fog light power connector will become unused wouldn't that cause a warning pop up on my dash? I'm confused Lmfao hopefully your not.
Since Canadian spec vehicles all come with DRL's, it was originally my low beams which is why I just swapped it with my fogs and they come on regardless. It might be a bit more involved for US specs. My take on it would be to see if you can program DRL's to come on or just tap power from the fuse for the DRL. It should be the fuses under the driver dash.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Geez everything is getting expensive. I stopped by the dealership today to pick up more oil filters and I could have sworn these were around $7 last time. Now they're almost $10! Perhaps the low CDN dollar has to do with it?

I also grabbed a cabin filter for the 32,000km service. The old filter was filthy but a fun fact is these are made in Germany! I also left with a cool bag...

Name:  DSC_0897_zpsmao4ytvx.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  139.7 KB
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

59. More Sound Proofing

If you refer to the Table of Contents on the first page, you'll see I've gone through adding more sound dampening and absorption material throughout the doors and whatnot. As we all know this platform is not the most whisper quiet on the road, I picked up more material from a local company called B-Quiet. The Hliner foam I previously installed on the door panels is now also under the hood between the factory mat and the hood itself. I'd say it did help suppress the sounds emitted from the engine compartment somewhat but it's not too drastic of a difference.

I've never tried Vcomp before which is a polymer and foam decoupler. The application is more for interior pieces which I wanted to tackle the floor, firewall, and trunk, this time around.

Name:  DSC_0896_zpsszmewhcw.jpg
Size:  195.4 KB

As I didn't want to pull the carpet and rip out the interior, I simply traced the WeatherTech floor mats and doubled up the carpet.

Name:  DSC_0899_zps4wgy2w5q.jpg
Size:  142.6 KB

The same goes for the rear passenger area and under the seats. The Vcomp has some good weight to it so it holds fairly well and doesn't slip around once set. There is also not a noticeable difference in fitment of the WeatherTech mats with the added insulation underneath. Where I could fit my hand under the dash and behind the foot wells, I also added more Vcomp.

Finally for the trunk, I simply traced the floorboard and stacked one sheet below the spare tire and one sheet above.

Name:  DSC_0898_zpswlcmb3kd.jpg
Size:  165.6 KB

I haven't had a chance to go for a test drive yet but I'll definitely report back if the extra foam made a difference.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

60. Glasses Holder

Some goodies came in the mail!

Name:  DSC_0124_zpsmb1y871u.jpg
Size:  135.1 KB

Ordered these after the New Year and they finally showed up. It's supposed to replace the "oh s**t" handle and carry your glasses or sunglasses instead. Neat!

The covers on the original just pop off with a flat head and it's a regular phillips from there.

Name:  DSC_0131_zpsamnc0la0.jpg
Size:  127.0 KB

Name:  DSC_0133_zpscf76yjhm.jpg
Size:  124.6 KB

And that's all there is to it. The new case comes with its own screws but I wanted to retain the factory hardware. The cutout is slightly too small for the original bolts to go through but if you give it some pressure it still works. Very sturdy too!

Name:  DSC_0134_zpseerempus.jpg
Size:  117.9 KB

Some of the cases don't have a full piece of foam, just something to keep an eye out for.

Name:  DSC_0136_zpseapssdrz.jpg
Size:  140.7 KB

A shot form further back to show the color variation/fitment, etc. The color is off ever so slightly but you can't really notice it unless you compare the new case with the old handle. Overall I'm happy. Very convenient to switch between glasses now!

Name:  DSC_0138_zpsh5uwsz2u.jpg
Size:  124.3 KB
Old Mar 17, 2016, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Some goodies came in the mail!
I have been thinking for a long while whether to buy this or not. The plus side is obvious. My primary concern is the noise caused by the vibration/bumping around of the glasses within the holder next to my ear. I suspect these do not have felts inside. It would be greatly appreciated if you could give us a feedback after some time of use about the noise. How good is the color match with the headliner and the handles? Thanks.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AWCAWD
I have been thinking for a long while whether to buy this or not. The plus side is obvious. My primary concern is the noise caused by the vibration/bumping around of the glasses within the holder next to my ear. I suspect these do not have felts inside. It would be greatly appreciated if you could give us a feedback after some time of use about the noise. How good is the color match with the headliner and the handles? Thanks.
Just came back from a short trip. No noise whatsoever. This one comes with the foam that stretches across the entire holder. I noticed others only partially cover the interior so be sure to keep an eye out for that.

As for the color, like I mentioned, it matches quite well and unless you compare the original handle and cover side by side, you won't be able to notice much of a difference. It looks good against the headliner.

Quick Reply: infected's 2013 RVR SE AWD