Brembo Brakes for the O.S.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2015, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course ^^^
Old Oct 19, 2015, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Idk if any of you own a 08+ Lancer or RA. But Andrew Pye his name is Drew316 on here. He's on evom and multiple lancer/X/RA FB pages and also clubralliart. He produces a 6 piston bbk for all 08+ lancers. Ready to ship and be put on with just a minor modification.Uses all oem parts that can be rebuilt and replaced at any autoparts store. And must have a proper wheel setup for it to clear the caliper. Uses CTS-V caliper and X rotors. I own a RA but also will own the OS starting tomorrow. Now I put this on here to say as the outlander sport shares the same front brake setup with the lancer. I've checked and he's confirming as well. Andrew is a very trusted and well known lancer/RA connisseur of parts. Here's some link to some pages. If any of you are apart of FB on Ralliart Revolution or Team Not Evo you will know what I'm talking about.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...d-working.html

http://clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=3952
Old Oct 19, 2015, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Null.

Last edited by Nast_Nas; Oct 19, 2015 at 06:36 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 05:38 PM

So I've found out that to do the rears I need to swap to the ralliart rear axle or maybe just hubs. Prob is the stupid OS has a cable parking brake that works on the caliper in the rear. Most use a drum style parking brake. So if I were to put the rear brembos on I'd lose the parking brake and I don't want that so for now I'm just doing the fronts once the adapters get to me and I'll wait to do the rears. I'd hope I could just swap in ralliart rear spindles n hubs and then be setup with a drum parking brake but I'm not sure
Old Oct 22, 2015, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just curious if you also plan to swap out the master cylinder for the larger calipers? I also wonder if this will affect all the ABS, ASC, TCL, and EBD functions.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I know ABS (even the real German!) but what are the other TLAs???
Old Oct 22, 2015, 08:47 PM

Should have no effect. It didn't on my eclipse None of the sensors are in the calipers

Larger master might add braking force but don't think it's needed. Once the rears are done a diff pro portioning valve would let the rears do more work. I thought about an EVO one for it then

Last edited by Morgan Carter; Oct 22, 2015 at 08:49 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 03:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Morgan Carter
Should have no effect. It didn't on my eclipse None of the sensors are in the calipers

Larger master might add braking force but don't think it's needed. Once the rears are done a diff pro portioning valve would let the rears do more work. I thought about an EVO one for it then
Evo master will make braking curve much steeper but will not affect peak breaking force much. At least that what I heard from Andrey-TT (Asx Evo guy).

Last edited by wolfdima; Oct 23, 2015 at 03:17 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's an article on the topic you may find of interest. Or simply just goodbathroom reading material:
http://stoptech.com/technical-support/technical-white-papers/abs-and-big-brake-kits
From a guy who's had BBK's on every vehicle from older models without allthe bells and whistles to newer ones, just wanted to share some info or foodfor thought. Not to say a haphazard setup will be catastrophic for everydaydriving, but sometimes everyday driving is when these safety systems are reliedon the most without us even realizing it.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 06:10 PM

Good read. I understand how all the systems work and haven't had problems with the many other vehicles I've done bbk kits on like you. Not to say that all swaps won't have issues either. It's a better feeling knowing someone had done it already and put the car thru its paces and is satisfied with it too
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:27 AM

Hello guys im new to this forum i have a Mitsubishi outlander SE 2009 i want to put brembo calipers from evo c would they fit