Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Augusta/Ft Gordon area

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2007, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well got the downpipe put on this morning.. Man does the ***** scream now. At least I can mark another box off my list of things to do.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

so the complete exhaust is on now? Thats great......... how it feel?
Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:02 PM

feels great. there is def a big difference in spool. i cant wait to feel it with the ecu is redone
Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

oh yeah, the spool is better and the low end is a lot better when I got mine..

You will notice a night a day difference with a tune.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 02:59 PM

Who did your tune? I actually have some software to do the Evo ECU but dont have an OBII to USB cable. Prob get one next paycheck. If all an ECUFlash does is raise boost so the taper isnt so bad and modify rev limit and 2 step launch rpm I can do that as long as the fuel maps dont have to be set cause that I have no idea about.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hope you are enjoying the exhaust. defintely makes a huge difference on any turbo car. Shiv, from Vishnu tuned my car at Andrews shop, Dyno4mance, back in may. In about another month it will be retuned by Andrew due to a little goodie.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

well guys, it looks like rain tonight and tomorrow. just checked out the weather channel and there is a 70% chance tonight and a 80% chance tomorrow. there is always Saturday if we can't make it tomorrow
Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jwhet5483
Who did your tune? I actually have some software to do the Evo ECU but dont have an OBII to USB cable. Prob get one next paycheck. If all an ECUFlash does is raise boost so the taper isnt so bad and modify rev limit and 2 step launch rpm I can do that as long as the fuel maps dont have to be set cause that I have no idea about.

I have the works p2e flash, but am going to be getting a tune by doug at topspeed sometime in the spring when I raise the boost for race ga/alchy and get my cams and other lil things I have planned for this race season.

I would suggest don't tune your car yourself, there is more to tune besides raises the boost. I would suggest getting it tuned by dyno4mance like joseph said, or doug at topspeed.

If I was you, and I don't know how much you plan on spending, but since you are getting cams soon also wait and get a tune when that is done. If not, just get the 200$ dynoflash mail-in tune........
Old Jan 17, 2007, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

^^^that is good advice
Old Jan 17, 2007, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by FastAzzEvo
If I was you, and I don't know how much you plan on spending, but since you are getting cams soon also wait and get a tune when that is done. If not, just get the 200$ dynoflash mail-in tune........
Thats what i was thinking just to wait... the check i get back from honda for my extended warranty is somewhere in the area of $1700 so all thats going to the car. I got with greg @ GSC(stikiller.com) and this is what all they are gonna do when i get the check.

Forge Actuator
Dyno Time and ECU tune
S1 cams
Walbro fuel pump
ARP head studs

They are gonna do all the installs for the above parts and put my AVC-R in. So yea i guess i might as well wait till then.

Oh and about tommorrow. If it doesnt work out with the rain and all maybe we can just hit up somewhere quick to eat since we already had this planned anyways unless you guys have something else to do.

Last edited by jwhet5483; Jan 17, 2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

dunno, i told the gf if it rains we will go out to eat.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 06:27 AM

Well another rainy thursday..... If it lets up I might try to get up to Jackson this weekend if anyone of you are interested. Im stuck working in some tent behind the TNOSC so I'm not 100% sure I can get out there or not. We will see I guess

Oh I also checked out dyno4mance.com. Pretty nice looking shop and it just happens to be 20 min from my best friends house :P Thier dyno however measures some weird numbers... Evos with ECU upgrades, full exhausts, cams and mbc only puttin out like 250-260 whp sounds low. Damn Aussie made dyno! hehe
Old Jan 18, 2007, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

yea it is only the dyno brand. i made lower than what i had expected on his dyno, but i have also ran w/ cars that had a good bit of work done ls2's, ls'1, and won. they would ask me how much hp i was making and when i tell them they never believe me, and they are right because it isn't correct. the dyno dynamics are the lowest reading dynos around. it is good to use when trying to get a race. i am definitely up for saturday, and maybe friday night. if there is no rain on sat lets get some lunch and head out to jackson.

Last edited by joseph k; Jan 18, 2007 at 06:34 AM. Reason: asdf
Old Jan 18, 2007, 06:45 AM

yea i figured the numbers produced where just low kinda like the mustang(i think) is higher. like i said earlier i dont know what this week/weekend is gonna be like for me. im filling in for my ncoic for some type of training/turn in for 2 datapackages so i kinda gotta work my shift and cover down for my nco. hopefully i can just shut it down for the weekend like i did last time. gotta get up with the CO before i know anything for sure.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

yeah i had my srt4 dyno'ed at dyno4mance. And they told me from the beginning it reads lower than others. Actually between 17-21% lower than a dyno jet.

I dynoed a 50 trim srt4 w/ 17psi and put down 290WHP on a blown motor and turbo.

Thats about 340WHP on a dynojet.

The important thing is always use the same dyno.....

Great dyno, their shop is huge. You could probably put 50 cars in there.

I can do something friday or sat after 6pm, so won't be able to make it to the track sat........

Quick Reply: Augusta/Ft Gordon area