Notices

~~Mitsubishi wants to know... What is your beef?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2009, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brampton Mitsu is a little iffy, the last time I went there for the squeaking suspension they said it's due to the cold and needs lube but it was still doing later that day! so am I supposed to do it myself everyday?!? And a note was written on the service sheet NOTE: Car is HEAVILY modified! WTF? Cold-Air/Exhaust/HID's (they can't see the pully) is heavily modified?
Old Feb 21, 2009, 08:19 AM

so this squeaking suspension has not been fixed??

damn i hope when i go for my first oil change they will do something about the squeaking suspension...
i met the service manager at brampton mitsu (Chong or something like that) and he seemed like a nice guy.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LancerGirl08
Does anyone else's car take at least 5 - 10 mins before the windshield even starts to defrost?
yea the car has to be warmed up before the windows will defrost,its like that in every car
Old Feb 21, 2009, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Hydrolikz
Brampton Mitsu is a little iffy, the last time I went there for the squeaking suspension they said it's due to the cold and needs lube but it was still doing later that day! so am I supposed to do it myself everyday?!? And a note was written on the service sheet NOTE: Car is HEAVILY modified! WTF? Cold-Air/Exhaust/HID's (they can't see the pully) is heavily modified?
yo i get that too,but only for like the first 5 mins when its cold out,once the car warms up and gets moving it goes away, only does it in the cold tho
Old Feb 21, 2009, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Infamous_pt4
yea the car has to be warmed up before the windows will defrost,its like that in every car
My mom's Cavalier starts workin' almost right away.

It takes about a half an hour to do my whole windshield... just annoyin cuz half the time in the morning I don't have a half an hour to let it defrost so I slouch down and peak out the little hole that's been made ....
Old Feb 21, 2009, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LancerGirl08
My mom's Cavalier starts workin' almost right away.

It takes about a half an hour to do my whole windshield... just annoyin cuz half the time in the morning I don't have a half an hour to let it defrost so I slouch down and peak out the little hole that's been made ....
thats weird,mine takes a few mins but once i get going its gone pretty quick
Old Feb 21, 2009, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

so i have had the 08 for a yr and a half now,40k on it,all the issues most ppl are posting i have never had,accept the not starting,and squeeking suspension which is due to the cold,the fake cf stuff does fade but i thought it was due to the armor all,i hear it dries out rubber and fades stuff blah blah so i blame the fake cf fading on that,ill just paint it if it gets bad no worries,so based on what everyone is saying my question to everyone is,am i lucky or am i in for a rude awakening soon?
Old Feb 21, 2009, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Qwest905
thanks for the heads up...dixie mitsubishi is the closest to me and i was thinking of going there when my services are due, but looks like not anymore...

anyone have experience with oakville mitsu or brampton mitsu service departments?

no problem...I would never wish the problems and having to deal with a dealership like Dixie to my worst enemy. Nobody should ever have to go through problems as I did with that dealership and with a car that is so new.

When you have to deal with liars at a dealership like Chris Cooke, Zahid Ghaffar, and Nauman Bangash the outcome will never be good at all. You just can't trust these types of people when your car is in their dealership.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 10:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Realignment will help. Just do not align to stock specs anymore. Toe out 1/16 or 2mm. That will help the tracking of the sterring. We change that on our cars first thing when we get them.

ROAD/RACE
Old Feb 21, 2009, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Hydrolikz

I don't understand Mitsubishi and this thing they have when any of their cars under warranty is modified...they just look for any reason to void a warrarnty so they have one less customer to worry about. Oops my bad, what customers do they worry about?

Even if you were to take your car into the dealership with mods such as a suspension it more than likely betters the car then the crap suspension the lancers have.

I just love that little inspection report they do anytime you bring your car in for service so they can hand over to Mitsubishi Canada. I found it very funny one day when I found the sheet in my car with tons of little circles all over showing all the paint damage the car has...yet they claim the paint damage is caused by highway driving. lol
Old Feb 21, 2009, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Infamous_pt4
so i have had the 08 for a yr and a half now,40k on it,all the issues most ppl are posting i have never had,accept the not starting,and squeeking suspension which is due to the cold,the fake cf stuff does fade but i thought it was due to the armor all,i hear it dries out rubber and fades stuff blah blah so i blame the fake cf fading on that,ill just paint it if it gets bad no worries,so based on what everyone is saying my question to everyone is,am i lucky or am i in for a rude awakening soon?
The non-starting thing for me started happening in the summer. Has nothing to do with the cold, unless you meant just the suspension.

Mine doesn't squeak that I know of but then again my music is so loud I can't even hear cops coming up behind me...
Old Feb 21, 2009, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Not all paint is horrible. The couple 2 houses down from my parents have an 08 eclipse with 68K on it. They go to Vancouver at least once a month, so in the winter there is lots of gravel. I went over there yesterday to check their's out. It was freshly washed and I checked the whole exterior out. Not 1 single rock chip anywhere on the car. They said they had no 3M kit or nothing. I then showed them my car and they couldn't believe my car was only 6 months old. must have thought they could save $$ on the lancer paint or just forgot and now don't want to look bad so won't admit it. I'm heading to my local dealer in a hour or so to talk to the service manager and regional rep again. I'll let you guys know what happens.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by TRASHY_GTS
When you have to deal with liars at a dealership like Chris Cooke, Zahid Ghaffar, and Nauman Bangash the outcome will never be good at all. You just can't trust these types of people when your car is in their dealership.
Are these people in the service dept?
Old Feb 21, 2009, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by T-Pain
Hey Bootx2
I've taken my car to Markham mitsu twice and both times they're forgotten to reset my "periodic inspection" light that comes on, even after I've specifically told them to remember to reset it so I wouldn't have to come back.
I don't know if anyone else had that problem but next service change I'm going to try the one at yonge and steeles
It's happened once, but the second time they did reset it, but because they forgot the first time, the inspection is all messed up. I'm suppose to go in next week, but it says 9000KM left till next inspection.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 01:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TRASHY_GTS
I don't understand Mitsubishi and this thing they have when any of their cars under warranty is modified...they just look for any reason to void a warrarnty so they have one less customer to worry about. Oops my bad, what customers do they worry about?

Even if you were to take your car into the dealership with mods such as a suspension it more than likely betters the car then the crap suspension the lancers have.

I just love that little inspection report they do anytime you bring your car in for service so they can hand over to Mitsubishi Canada. I found it very funny one day when I found the sheet in my car with tons of little circles all over showing all the paint damage the car has...yet they claim the paint damage is caused by highway driving. lol
I wouldnt worry about the warranty, They have no authority to strip you of your Warranty, that letter has to come from Mitsubishi, and to date I havent seen one. Your warranty agreement is with Mitsubishi North America no the dealership, they are just a proxy.

Quick Reply: ~~Mitsubishi wants to know... What is your beef?