Notices

~~Mitsubishi wants to know... What is your beef?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2009, 12:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LancerGirl08
Both my wiper blades ripped apart lol. But kudos on the big wiper fluid holder thing. A year and a half and I still haven't filled it :P
hhaha thats funny same thing happend to me about 2 weeks ago
Old Feb 25, 2009, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I don't have any money till Friday so I really hope it doesn't rain/snow .... it's kinda annoying not being able to clean your windshield haha
Old Feb 25, 2009, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

both of mine ripped. I replaced one a few months back and last week my driver side wiper ripped as well.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sepiraph
how come there is no auto-lock feature ???
^+1 My 2000 Sebring had it
Old Feb 25, 2009, 04:17 PM

Does anyone else have a problem with setting their alarm off from a distance?

I can't unlock my car unless I'm like right near it ....

I've seen people who "lose" their cars in the parking lot so they set of their alarms to follow the sound but mine doesn't do that...
Old Feb 26, 2009, 04:41 PM

What is Mitsubishi's stance on their poor paint job. As a consumer, do we have any rights regarding a poor product that they obviously know about.

Can anything be done on there side to fix this problem?
Old Feb 27, 2009, 08:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LightZero
What is Mitsubishi's stance on their poor paint job. As a consumer, do we have any rights regarding a poor product that they obviously know about.

Can anything be done on there side to fix this problem?
yes but unfortunately I cant say too much since its all happening on low levels and very quickly, but i am hoping we will have a resolution to all or most of Mitsu's quality issues.

I am encouraged by the assistance I am getting from Mitsu Corp.

I will be making a proposal to Mitsu Canada shortly as well as USA
Old Feb 27, 2009, 09:10 AM

Last year when I had the 08 GTS, the one thing that annoyed me most was the poor paint job. There was a tiny scratch on the edge of my roof, probably caused by a stone chip on the highway. No biggie I thought, but after a while the surrounding areas of the paint started to chip away, and after a week the stone chip grew to the size of a penny. Rust also started forming very quickly, and I had to take it to a body shop to get it sanded off and touched up with paint and clearcoat.

During one of the periodic inspections I complained about the poor quality of the paint, pointed out to the aforementioned chipping of the paint on the roof to which I was told "try not to scratch the paint up!".. I simple laughed at the service rep and left.. (and subsequently sold the lancer 2 weeks later).
Old Feb 27, 2009, 01:28 PM

Problems I have had with mine have been the following:
- car pulled to the left--rotated tires and that actually went away......
- paint quality is brutal ! paint chips like crazy
- fog lights bulbs burning out quickly
- suspension makes noises in cold weather
- RPM's staying too high when downshifting
- very poor customer service from Scarborough Mitsubishi
Old Feb 27, 2009, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Paint Paint Paint Paint Paint
Old Feb 27, 2009, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by rontam90
Last year when I had the 08 GTS, the one thing that annoyed me most was the poor paint job. There was a tiny scratch on the edge of my roof, probably caused by a stone chip on the highway. No biggie I thought, but after a while the surrounding areas of the paint started to chip away, and after a week the stone chip grew to the size of a penny. Rust also started forming very quickly, and I had to take it to a body shop to get it sanded off and touched up with paint and clearcoat.

During one of the periodic inspections I complained about the poor quality of the paint, pointed out to the aforementioned chipping of the paint on the roof to which I was told "try not to scratch the paint up!".. I simple laughed at the service rep and left.. (and subsequently sold the lancer 2 weeks later).
That's what I'm afraid of!! I have a bare metal spot on my hood. Sure it's kinda small right now but I can just picture it getting huge ....
Old Feb 27, 2009, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by XxLaNcErGTSxX
Paint Paint Paint Paint Paint
paint has been an issue long before 2008, the paint mitsu uses just plain sucks a$$ and has for quite some time.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul
yes but unfortunately I cant say too much since its all happening on low levels and very quickly, but i am hoping we will have a resolution to all or most of Mitsu's quality issues.

I am encouraged by the assistance I am getting from Mitsu Corp.

I will be making a proposal to Mitsu Canada shortly as well as USA

In all honesty what really will happen? Free paint jobs for all? don't think so...free car washes? lol probably...that to Mitsubishi is resolving the paint issue

Face it, we can't hold our breathes and expect Mitsubishi to finally do something about all these problems, they just won't fix them. It's up to every owner to fix these problems at their expense because if Mitsubishi was to do something it would of been done a long time ago. Lets just look at the paint issue for now, is this the first Mitsubishi product to have these issues? nope, because its been going on already for years and it was never taken care of.

Last edited by TRASHY_GTS; Feb 27, 2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 07:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Smile

Originally Posted by TRASHY_GTS
In all honesty what really will happen? Free paint jobs for all? don't think so...free car washes? lol probably...that to Mitsubishi is resolving the paint issue

Face it, we can't hold our breathes and expect Mitsubishi to finally do something about all these problems, they just won't fix them. It's up to every owner to fix these problems at their expense because if Mitsubishi was to do something it would of been done a long time ago. Lets just look at the paint issue for now, is this the first Mitsubishi product to have these issues? nope, because its been going on already for years and it was never taken care of.
the project that will be presented to mitsubishi is an attractive one at that. It will start to adress the issues of the 2008+ line up, and will extremely inexpensive vs other options. I as well as others in the loop about this think it's a game changer for mitsubishi if carried out correctly. Fortunatly even if mitsu doesn't sign on it can still proceed, but to be effective we need them.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 07:26 AM

sounds promising evo_soul....i look forward to hearing more about this

Quick Reply: ~~Mitsubishi wants to know... What is your beef?