Notices

~~Mitsubishi wants to know... What is your beef?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2009, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What the hell

Evo_Soul....take note of this...

Ok so I was driving my lancer on the highway down to Richmond after work at 6:20ish pm as usual.....around 140 down the highway...and then "pop"....my sensor display tells me my left rear door has popped open...i'm thinking what the f? I pull over and examine the door sure enough the door had popped open...not all the way...but unhinged..like if you were to close the door but not shut...I'm going to take this to my dealer on the weekend but just wondering if anyone has experienced this or is it just not my day today.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 07:44 AM

Would really appreciate it if Mitsubishi offered to fix my paint or at least buy me some mud flaps or a protection kit of some sort. Had the car since december with chips in the paint already.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 06:45 PM

Ok so Evo_Soul we're all DYING to hear what is this plan you have?? My 02 Lancer doesn't have any chipping but I wanna by a GTS!! But don't want to buy it if this problem is still around!! PLEASE PLEASE let us know!!
Old Apr 15, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mitsufan76
Ok so Evo_Soul we're all DYING to hear what is this plan you have?? My 02 Lancer doesn't have any chipping but I wanna by a GTS!! But don't want to buy it if this problem is still around!! PLEASE PLEASE let us know!!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ca...ce-canada.html
Old Apr 15, 2009, 09:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mitsufan76
In regards to the paint issue, more or less the flaw in the paint is not really that its super thin and a single coat. But that combo makes the edge vulnerable to damage by impacting debris / rocks. the 3M tape is recommend, but if you can get the tape to cover the edges that will resolve most of those problems.

There is a painting program getting off the ground and it looks like its being well received by some dealers. We will see how that goes during this spring.

There are a few programs related and unrelated to the paint issues but i can not talk about it at this time. Sorry guys
Cheers