Notices

Cobb AP: ?s on product, features, and various maps incl Perrin maps go here [merge]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2011, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by seanr8368
My thing is why do so many people worry about changing it back when going to the dealer. So u think they will notice that, and they wont notice a diff intake, exhaust, ect ect , i think the last thing u have to worry about is the ecu
My thoughts exactly. If you're truly worried about it just unmarry the AP from the ECU and reflash it once you get the car back (same goes for any tune, AP or ECUFlash).
Old Jan 13, 2011, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kracka
Give Cobb a call and ask how soon the 2011 maps will be ready and if they have any beta maps available.
Just spoke to Cobb. No Beta maps available at this time. ETA on 2011 maps is 3-4 weeks. Not long at all!

Last edited by ErikT; Jan 13, 2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 08:08 AM

My thing is why do so many people worry about changing it back when going to the dealer. So u think they will notice that, and they wont notice a diff intake, exhaust, ect ect , i think the last thing u have to worry about is the ecu
The only thing that I would worry about is the dealer overwriting the ECU. Sometimes manufacturers come out with ECU updates. If the dealer installs an update, it will erase the tune and the AP won't recognize the car! It's happened before, and it's a pain, since the customer has to send their AP to COBB to get reset.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ErikT
Just spoke to Cobb. No Beta maps available at this time. ETA on 2011 maps is 3-4 weeks. Not long at all!
So these maps that were suppose to come out in December will not be out until Feb? That sucks, but I know it will be well worth the wait.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do the MR and SE use the same maps?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

So far, yes, they have the same rom id.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by PERRIN_Chris
The only thing that I would worry about is the dealer overwriting the ECU. Sometimes manufacturers come out with ECU updates. If the dealer installs an update, it will erase the tune and the AP won't recognize the car! It's happened before, and it's a pain, since the customer has to send their AP to COBB to get reset.
What is the solution for this ? Unmarry the AP before sending it the dealer ?

Because I agree that they will look for intakes / exhausts etc... first
Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:03 AM

You are right, justl simply unmarry the AccessPORT. When it's unmarried, even if they update the ECU there wouldn't be a problem.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

I thought the dealers couldn't tell that there was a "flash" done using the AP

lmao...well long story short i guess they could tell...thats the least of the reasons why I voided my warranty tho
Old Mar 4, 2011, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bear.914
I thought the dealers couldn't tell that there was a "flash" done using the AP

lmao...well long story short i guess they could tell...thats the least of the reasons why I voided my warranty tho

It's not about detecting a flash or not. It's about having the dealer to override the flash with their mitsubishi factory flash update so they screw up your AP flash.

I was asking how to avoid that. And best method is to unmarry the AP like Chris said and just flash it back when you get the car back from the dealer. Like a lot of people have said, they will check at all the new piping / intake / exhaust before losing their time on trying to find a flash.

And if I was a dealer (not if I was, how they act sorry) they wouldn't care if it's tuned or not because if you blow your engine they will say it's your intake
Old Mar 4, 2011, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Darklol
It's not about detecting a flash or not. It's about having the dealer to override the flash with their mitsubishi factory flash update so they screw up your AP flash.

I was asking how to avoid that. And best method is to unmarry the AP like Chris said and just flash it back when you get the car back from the dealer. Like a lot of people have said, they will check at all the new piping / intake / exhaust before losing their time on trying to find a flash.

And if I was a dealer (not if I was, how they act sorry) they wouldn't care if it's tuned or not because if you blow your engine they will say it's your intake
Im getting custom plates that say

NoWrnty
Old Mar 5, 2011, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

The thing i dont get is why mits are such a holes about it... I have a 06 jeep that i modded the hell out of,intake ,exhaust , cut the entire control arms off and put long arm kit on ect ect and as long as it wasnt one of the things i did they never had a problem fixing anything under warranty or even said anything, besides nice jeep
Old Mar 5, 2011, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
The thing i dont get is why mits are such a holes about it... I have a 06 jeep that i modded the hell out of,intake ,exhaust , cut the entire control arms off and put long arm kit on ect ect and as long as it wasnt one of the things i did they never had a problem fixing anything under warranty or even said anything, besides nice jeep
Because Chrysler cares if you sue them. Mitsubishi does not.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can somebody just explain what changes were made for the v1.08 maps?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Subscribed

Quick Reply: Cobb AP: ?s on product, features, and various maps incl Perrin maps go here [merge]