Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

How to run mid-low 11's....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2009, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most-Wanted,

Did you get a chance to look over my mod's list?

Seems like you did well at the track the other day, Congratz!!

Bert
Old Jun 22, 2009, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Buy Zex part number 82021 and a Walbro pump. Spend 1.5 hours installing. Adjust non-nitrous fuel map to accomodate the pump to around 11.5:1 AFR. Install 67 nitrous jet and 23 fuel jet, spray away. 120+ traps all day long missing gears and pulling a boat, pump gas, stock car. Run the stock timing map.

$600 total.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Most wanted do you think I would be able to break into the 11s with my setup? Or is it wishfull thinking. I know it should hit a 12 flat but not sure about 11s

Originally Posted by wizzo 8
Good thread. Im ready to hit the track after your advice. Last year I was at 344 WHP on the dynojet with 319WTQ and ran a 12.5 at 112mph with a 1.783 60ft as my best. Now Im running meth with 30psi. 380WHP and 391WTQ. I was just hoping to break into the 11s with this but it sounds like I could be in the mid to low 11s. My 2step is set to 5800 though. I am also on the stock clutch. My 12.5 was with 30-35psi in the tires also. This time I will set them to 18 and see what happens.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Peshki19
Most-Wanted,

Did you get a chance to look over my mod's list?

Seems like you did well at the track the other day, Congratz!!

Bert
Thanks. And yes your mod list is nice. Actually very nice right down to the BBS wheels. A little mixed and matched, but the essentials are there and you have chosen the top 3 As long as the power is made it should do it. Regardless of weight I would start of launching around 6400 and adjust from there since your friend is able to make changes for you...
Old Jun 22, 2009, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wizzo 8
Most wanted do you think I would be able to break into the 11s with my setup? Or is it wishfull thinking. I know it should hit a 12 flat but not sure about 11s
It should. Are you on an 8 turbo?? Sorry if I missed that you stated somewhere what you had. Its hard to keep up with everyone's set ups... Clutch is not going to like you so be forewarned You also need to adjust your two step to the as mentioned 6400... Let us know...
Old Jun 22, 2009, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice write up.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Thanks. And yes your mod list is nice. Actually very nice right down to the BBS wheels. A little mixed and matched, but the essentials are there and you have chosen the top 3 As long as the power is made it should do it. Regardless of weight I would start of launching around 6400 and adjust from there since your friend is able to make changes for you...
Thanks!

As far as the mods go. I usually don't post much just read a lot, I've done my research and these for the most part these are some of the best parts out there.

Yes, I too am a huge fan of buschur (this is reflected in my own car). They really do a lot of testing / weighing and write ups. Their cars really speak for themselves.

Once I make a few passes in the car I will be sure to report back my findings!
Old Jun 23, 2009, 07:54 PM
Account Disabled

Estimated 375 dynojet... You have to remember this was 3 years ago. Long before 30 psi, E85, cams, Mivec tuning, etc....
My friend, I will never forget !

Frankly, it was rather an amazing accomplishment and a real testament to the performance of Buschur Parts

When I custom ROAD tuned this car it was amung the very first IX Evos that I reflash tuned. This was well before the advent of ecu flash. At the time I was using a crude hex editor to adjust the maps and there was zero tech support beyond trial and error. There was no one to copy - nothing to review and no tech support of any kind. It was pure looking at patterns and finding maps by knowing what they look like.

I remember having to remove the ecu for each reflash and then replug it into the car and also having to use a matco scan tool as my data logger.

Before ecu flash and all the dozens of tuners specializing in this, I used to travel all over the USA street tuning Evos with the same methods with hundreds of cars tuned with the same crude and simplistic methods.

The tune up coinsisted of a Buschur Flash combined with road tuning for a simgle PUMP gas map that was then run on 100 octane race gas with the boost turned up a bit.

I agree that the whp was prob in the 370 - 380 range and again very good considering at the time it was the fastest and quickest stock turbo IX and also considering that the tuning was at its infancy.

The reality is that none of it would have been possible without your great driving.

I am however, very proud of the way my tuning held up at the track event that day and for many more miles of driving.

Last edited by DynoFlash; Jun 23, 2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
It should. Are you on an 8 turbo?? Sorry if I missed that you stated somewhere what you had. Its hard to keep up with everyone's set ups... Clutch is not going to like you so be forewarned You also need to adjust your two step to the as mentioned 6400... Let us know...
Yea its on the 8 stock turbo. I have an Exedy twin disk but Im just waiting till my stock one is done. It will most likly be this season. I will raise my 2 step higher. 6400 is up there. I will start at 6k and go from ther till I get to 6400.
Thanks for your help
Old Jun 27, 2009, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

Shifts should be done according to your dyno sheet, but generally fall somewhere around 7200-7400. Tire pressure is a biggie. Your mod list is all over the place, but the numbers look good. Just not sure why the et is low. Just practice the shifts and do these few things and let us know how it turns out.
Here's my dyno sheet. What would you suggest?

Last edited by meltdown; Jun 27, 2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Shift at the mentioned 7200-7400. It will help keep you near your peak torque number. Makes shifts a bit easier and will help avoid lockout, etc.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

someone pm'd me today on getting ready to go to the track and needed some help. I was cleaning out my inbox and got carried away and deleted it by accident. Please pm me again. Sorry...
Old Jun 29, 2009, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just want to say something that needs to be put out there. The only other person I have known to "care about the little people" that would be considered a big dog is Shep. I will go ahead and apologize if there are others out there that do the same but I have not yet experienced it enough to leave an impression on me like this.

What I'm trying to say is, it really means a lot when someone who is practically considered one of the big boys steps back and takes the time to help out the little guys. Ones who are still stock setup or just bolt ons. I want to thank you again for this thread and for helping us out!

Again I would like to apologize if there are other companies who do the same but I have not mentioned. My first experience with this was John Shepherd and now you. I don't doubt there are many other guys out there or big companies who treat their customers the same or try to reach out and help everyone but these are just the guys I have noticed.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Well, it wasn't long ago I was sitting where most are at looking for help to go faster. I was amazed at how many people wouldn't even give me the littlest of help. Even the simple stuff like not telling me what seat rail to use when they have the same exact seats. I had to do most of it on my own and I thought it didnt need to be that hard. Thats why I started this thread. To help people out and try to keep the cost down for them. In all honesty, I much rather go to the track and have 10 fast evo's there then just mine. It's good for the entire community. It's important to not lose sight of the fun factor as I almost did recently. That was another big reason for this thread. I'm glad you like the thread and hopefully it has helped you in one way or another. Thanks for taking the time to say thanks. I am always willing to try and help out.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I can't wait to get back to the track I need me a sub 11.50

Quick Reply: How to run mid-low 11's....