Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

How to run mid-low 11's....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2009, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Most-Wanted, i wanted to get you opinion on somthing, instead of buying the buschur stage one since i pretty much have the same parts just by different manufactures

BR EVOLUTION AIR FILTER KIT = AEM Cold air intake
BR EVOLUTION 3" STAINLESS STEEL DOWNPIPE = 3" DC downpipe
3" HIGHFLOW CATALYTIC CONVERTER- I used test pipe = My DC downpipe has a cat delete
BR EVOLUTION 3" STAINLESS STEEL CATBACK W/ MAGNAFLOW MUFFLER = GReddy TI Catback exhaust.
BR MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER = GReddy Profec B boost controller
BUSCHUR FLASH-I used Dynoflash = Tuned by Central Florida Turbo

i also was wondering if you where running a speed density setup, and is it expensive to hvae my car setup to run a speed density setup instead of the MAF?

i was wondering what you though it i just put the buschur stage 2 on my car if i could still break 11.90's

Last edited by Ev0_J0e; Aug 7, 2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ev0_J0e
Hey Most-Wanted, i wanted to get you opinion on somthing, instead of buying the buschur stage one since i pretty much have the same parts just by different manufactures

BR EVOLUTION AIR FILTER KIT = AEM Cold air intake
BR EVOLUTION 3" STAINLESS STEEL DOWNPIPE = 3" DC downpipe
3" HIGHFLOW CATALYTIC CONVERTER- I used test pipe = My DC downpipe has a cat delete
BR EVOLUTION 3" STAINLESS STEEL CATBACK W/ MAGNAFLOW MUFFLER = GReddy TI Catback exhaust.
BR MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER = GReddy Profec B boost controller
BUSCHUR FLASH-I used Dynoflash = Tuned by Central Florida Turbo

i also was wondering if you where running a speed density setup, and is it expensive to hvae my car setup to run a speed density setup instead of the MAF?

i was wondering what you though it i just put the buschur stage 2 on my car if i could still break 11.90's
I'm sure they will work fine, but if you were starting from scratch I'd say stick with one manufacturer like Buschur. It makes it easier to progress without coming to a point where something dosnt match up like I/C piping, etc. I would get rid of the profec b though and go with the Buschur one or Hallman. I was on a stock ecu and stock maf. My set up was very basic but very potent. I have a almost new BR boost controller if you decide to buy one. Not too many people have much luck with the Profec from what I've seen...
Old Aug 7, 2009, 12:32 PM
Account Disabled

Have you heard of any tuners setting up speed density for their customers as of yet?

I emailed Nick@Buschurs and he hasn't heard anything.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
My set up was very basic but very potent. I have a almost new BR boost controller if you decide to buy one. Not too many people have much luck with the Profec from what I've seen...
Just to clarify, because Buschur's website says on the stage 2 kit

"PLEASE NOTE: We do not recommend the mass air pipe unless you're running a speed density setup. If you are not running a speed density setup you may want to look at just the upper IC pipe and mini battery kit and stick with the air filter kit you recieved in stage 1. If you chose to use this be warned some stalling issues may occur."

You used all the parts in the kit + the Tial BoV and you did not run a speed density setup, you just ran the maf?

Last edited by Ev0_J0e; Aug 7, 2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 01:08 PM
Account Disabled

I have the Buschur MAF Pipe and am on stock ECU and MAF.

You just need a good tune to be able to run it.

Speed density allows for a little more power to be released and with a speed density setup you will be able to run a TiAL and eliminate the MAF.

My question is, what tuners are setting up speed density for their customers.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ev0_J0e
Just to clarify, because Buschur's website says on the stage 2 kit

"PLEASE NOTE: We do not recommend the mass air pipe unless you're running a speed density setup. If you are not running a speed density setup you may want to look at just the upper IC pipe and mini battery kit and stick with the air filter kit you recieved in stage 1. If you chose to use this be warned some stalling issues may occur."

You used all the parts in the kit + the Tial BoV and you did not run a speed density setup, you just ran the maf?
I used a forge RS bov and used the maf pipe kit. In all actuality, you can just run a drop in filter for the same or similar results, but I like the mini battery and shorter route intercooler pipe kit they offer. It looks so much better in the engine bay this way. I did run those numbers on a stock intercooler, but I was just giving a standard parts lists that most will end upwith anyways. I'll look for some pics.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 08:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I wish you could drive my car!

I'm certain it will go a hell of a lot quicker / faster with you behind the wheel

Nice write-up
Old Aug 7, 2009, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

Thankx for the post and info!!! My 2 step has always been set at 5900 and have only pulled ONE 1.69 60ft outta 50+ runs. Im goina get my tuner to change it to 6400 and see how it does. Times are in sig.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 01:18 AM
Evolving Member

I have been running evos for quite some time now here in AZ at firebird raceway and speedworld. I totally agree with everything that most wanted has said as i have had very simular results with very little done to the evos that i have owned and driven for friends.

My best is 11.72 @ 114.8 in a 6 speed MR basically same mods with a 1.59 60' and serveral close to full weight evos, minus the spare tire, to 11.77 to 11.98 average around 115 to 117. These were 5 different evos 06 MR, 06 SE, 06 MR 5 speed, 05 Full Weight SSL, 04 GSR.

I think one factor that was left out that might account for a few tenths if any one is in the same boat as me tryin to get to 11.5, is elevation and heat. Our track here i believe is 2100 ft and the nights range from 110 to 85. The 11.72 in the 6 speed was in the winter when it was 85.

Awesome write up Most-Wanted. I hope it helps alot of Evo drivers, especially in AZ. We are kind of made fun of here cause the average evo at the track runs 13 to 14 sec.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AngryEvo8
I was at the track this past weekend and noticed my 60' ft times went down. With the stock wheels I was cutting 1.7 sixtys and with my new axis reverbs (18') I cant get better then a 1.85. Would the bigger wheel result in a slower sixty? Thanks
Bump for answer
Old Aug 10, 2009, 04:19 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes the larger wheel and smaller tire will raise your 60' times.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AngryEvo8
Bump for answer
Yes, generally a larger wheel will slow 60's. In most cases they are heavier and the tire will be a lower profile. Both dont aid in strong 60's. Weight is major in this department. Even 1# a corner is a big deal Especially if it is tire weight since the rotating mass is farther from centrline.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

that could explain why my traps are 113 with the power im making. im running 255.40.17 size rt 615 azenis, 2 step at 5500rpm and only building 5psi on the 2 step runing that wide of a tire is causing alot of drag i think? so my next step will be 245,45.17 size tire and raise my 2 step. mostwanted with my power how fast can she go?
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:13 AM

awesome write up, I learn more and more reading what you wrote and what people ask along with your answers keep em coming!
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blackdemon
that could explain why my traps are 113 with the power im making. im running 255.40.17 size rt 615 azenis, 2 step at 5500rpm and only building 5psi on the 2 step runing that wide of a tire is causing alot of drag i think? so my next step will be 245,45.17 size tire and raise my 2 step. mostwanted with my power how fast can she go?
The car should still go mid 11's. I went 11.50 with approximately 375 dynojet #'s.

Quick Reply: How to run mid-low 11's....