Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

LR 2.4 + HTA86 + E85 results and info inside

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
I think this is good advice here.. i would address the shifting first.. you will not do much if you cant shift into gear.
I will try some adjusting of the clutch and these solid bushings if i cant get it to work i think i will tear it out this winter and have it gone through and fitted w/ dual synchros and evo 9 first gear and what not..

chris how does your tranny feel?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ta ace
I will try some adjusting of the clutch and these solid bushings if i cant get it to work i think i will tear it out this winter and have it gone through and fitted w/ dual synchros and evo 9 first gear and what not..

hopefully you can adjust the clutch to fix it.. if not id hold on more power its just gonna make it worse.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

like said earlier, do the front and rear motor mounts and the shifter bushings, car will shift awesome, mine does
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 4g63evoeight
like said earlier, do the front and rear motor mounts and the shifter bushings, car will shift awesome, mine does
so did mine before the wedge collar decided to go to hell. you dont need to do the rear mount at all. most aftermarket rear mounts are horribly noisey.

the only one that needs done is the front trans mount. i had torque solution mounts all around on my car and was ready to run it off a cliff.. now it has all stock mounts cept for the front trans mount and all is well. the only other one id do is the passenger side engine mount beside the timing belt.

when i removed my front trans mount it was shaped like a oval.. it fully deformed itself. ive seen it on multiple cars also with high tq.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

so did mine before the wedge collar decided to go to hell. you dont need to do the rear mount at all. most aftermarket rear mounts are horribly noisey.

the only one that needs done is the front trans mount. i had torque solution mounts all around on my car and was ready to run it off a cliff.. now it has all stock mounts cept for the front trans mount and all is well. the only other one id do is the passenger side engine mount beside the timing belt.

when i removed my front trans mount it was shaped like a oval.. it fully deformed itself. ive seen it on multiple cars also with high tq.

i disagree, the slop in the drivetrain was so bad with the stock rear, i put the rear mount in, the slop went RIGHT away..

best mods to thae that i've done was the two motor mounts, a tiny bit noisier with the rear one but idc.

they are the buschur press-in's.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 4g63evoeight
i disagree, the slop in the drivetrain was so bad with the stock rear, i put the rear mount in, the slop went RIGHT away..

best mods to thae that i've done was the two motor mounts, a tiny bit noisier with the rear one but idc.

they are the buschur press-in's.
oh i thought you were referring to a complete aftermarket solution (actual mount bracket etc), not the press in.. yes id do the press in on the rear. how much of a pain in the *** is it to get out the old tho?

i used to use window weld on my dsm's to make cheap ok poly mounts lol.

Last edited by tscompusa2; Aug 30, 2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

yea i have a blox front (love it) never thought about that dog bone one... link to a dist.? and any was it a pia to replace?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:23 PM
Former Sponsor

yea i have a blox front (love it) never thought about that dog bone one... link to a dist.? and any was it a pia to replace?
with the transmission in yes the rear is extremely hard to get to.. my transmission is out tho atm

and now im going to put something stiffer back there, because it definitely makes sense.. the engine rocks and if thats stiffer back there it will stiffen it up quite a bit more shifting and taking off from a stop and go. when i had a tq solution back there it was horrible.. because the actual mount surface made direct contact where it bolts so it vibrated to hell.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

oh i thought you were referring to a complete aftermarket solution (actual mount bracket etc), not the press in.. yes id do the press in on the rear. how much of a pain in the *** is it to get out the old tho?

i used to use window weld on my dsm's to make cheap ok poly mounts lol.
not bad, a bit tricky, took about an 1.5 hours start to finish
Old Aug 30, 2011, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

All I can say is OUTSTANDING!!!!! JACK and them guys are AWSOME! I wish I would have known about them the first time my tranny and tcase was rebuilt... would have saved me a **** ton of money
Old Aug 30, 2011, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Yamahar1
All I can say is OUTSTANDING!!!!! JACK and them guys are AWSOME! I wish I would have known about them the first time my tranny and tcase was rebuilt... would have saved me a **** ton of money
HMM what did it cost ya?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
HMM what did it cost ya?
I think all together it was 9 and some change