Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

2.4LR Evo 9 93oct Virtual Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 05:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ctfpevoVIII
Good luck with your build , you have a bunch of nice stuff going into it!
Thank you. Hopefully will turn out a good truly street car.
Old May 24, 2018, 05:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ExViTermini
Suprised that you are going that all out and big turbo, but h beams
The reason that I chose H-beams, is only because it is Carrillo. I was between Carillo H-beams and Manley I-Beams but I convinced that Carrillo were the best bet, since they were at least 100gr lighter which would be better for the bearings and also that they support (according to their claims) 1100Hp which would be never reached as a daily/weekend car.
Old May 24, 2018, 05:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer
I think the Carrillo Pro H is a good choice for the 100mm crank. It will reduce rotational energy to reduce chance of crank fracturing at #4 oil port. I'm not a fan of LR because I like the pistpn rings spread out as far as possible to reduce cylinder wall wear.
The only reason for choosing LR is because of the better rod ratio (1.56) instead of the standard rod (1.50) which will give me a hundred more rpms ?(maybe 500) so I can push a little more the bigger turbo
Old May 24, 2018, 05:41 AM
Evolving Member

The r&r i beams weigh like an h beam. Great choice for this application.
Thank you. I know R & Rs but I chose Carrillo as they were not aluminum (i am a bit scared for aluminum rods - don't ask me why hahah)
Old May 24, 2018, 05:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cursedsm
You got a lot of nice stuff on this build congrats. But I think you made one mistake. I can understand wall thickness of the block, but how do you know the cylinders are true? Hate to see you spend all that cash and have oblong cylinders in the block, specially when it came to a used 64 block. I was kind of surprised you went H beam rods as others did, but I know Carrillo makes nice stuff and those should be fine. Only other thing I can say is wasted money on those race balance shafts personally, and I think you should have went with a larger runner intake mani to help the air get into the engine given the larger displacement. Other then that thing should be a monster nice job. Looking forward to some #s.
In where I come from, most probably I am the first one which used a 64 block instead of the 63. I liked the idea of a torqey - high horsepower build with the ability of spooling quickly and revving a lil bit more than a standard 2.3 or 2.4. So, for me I was a guinea pigs for all my fellow evo buddies here. Unfortunately I purchased Magnus V5 before you recommend me other intake manifolds, but probably it will do it fine. I think with this setup it will not be too difficult to hit my personal 600+ whp pump gas goal or even maybe 650+. This will surely depend from my injector limits (1050x) and the fuel. The fuel used here is 100RON which I am not sure about the quality of it in contrast of US fuel but my guessing is that it is something between 93-95 US
Old May 24, 2018, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
R&r makes steel rods too, just for the record.
Old May 24, 2018, 03:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by ConEvo
In where I come from, most probably I am the first one which used a 64 block instead of the 63. I liked the idea of a torqey - high horsepower build with the ability of spooling quickly and revving a lil bit more than a standard 2.3 or 2.4. So, for me I was a guinea pigs for all my fellow evo buddies here. Unfortunately I purchased Magnus V5 before you recommend me other intake manifolds, but probably it will do it fine. I think with this setup it will not be too difficult to hit my personal 600+ whp pump gas goal or even maybe 650+. This will surely depend from my injector limits (1050x) and the fuel. The fuel used here is 100RON which I am not sure about the quality of it in contrast of US fuel but my guessing is that it is something between 93-95 US
Its all good man no worries. What is done is done and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. Please don't get me wrong that Magnus intake mani is bad ***, and was my first choice, but after doing a little research and talking to a buddy of mine who does this for a living told me I would be better off with a AMS F1 if I could find it or a JMF mani due to the larger runners. I know some people will argue this but my stock ported intake mani right now is my restriction along with my stock ported exhaust mani. My turbo hotside is to small as well as it chokes out the system. So with that said called JMF and waiting on my parts to arrive so I can order my turbo. But with all that said yes your injectors wont be enough I'm afraid for 600 plus on 100ron but who knows. Looking forward to see some #'s
Old May 24, 2018, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Those injectors should be just fine for gas, so long as the fuel pump is up to snuff.
Old May 25, 2018, 12:40 AM
Evolving Member

R&r makes steel rods too, just for the record.
Didn't know that. I searched a couple of times, just to see that they were aluminum and only made by custom. My mistake
Old May 25, 2018, 12:51 AM
Evolving Member

Its all good man no worries. What is done is done and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. Please don't get me wrong that Magnus intake mani is bad ***, and was my first choice, but after doing a little research and talking to a buddy of mine who does this for a living told me I would be better off with a AMS F1 if I could find it or a JMF mani due to the larger runners. I know some people will argue this but my stock ported intake mani right now is my restriction along with my stock ported exhaust mani. My turbo hotside is to small as well as it chokes out the system. So with that said called JMF and waiting on my parts to arrive so I can order my turbo. But with all that said yes your injectors wont be enough I'm afraid for 600 plus on 100ron but who knows. Looking forward to see some #'s
That's what I think. If eventually the injectors limit me, I will swap to 1300x or even 1700 and see how it goes. I will switch from AEM 320 fuel pump to Walbro 450 and also an adjustable FPR and hope for the best. I am confident from the fact that a buddy of mine with a Mitsu Colt and 550cc injectors made 375whp on 98ron pump gas (dynojet)! I do not know the IDC but he maxxed his turbo on 36psi!!! This was before two years and the car is still running strong. His turbo went better than advertised (GTX 2860 - GEN1). And he made these numbers without touching his head (no porting - no cams etc). This gives me the impression that the fuel here is somewhat a bit better knock free from your 93oct in us. I will find out and share my results with you. But at the moment for the next months a dyno is out of question as the summer begun and we daily exceed the 95temps before 12:00!
Old May 25, 2018, 01:51 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by ConEvo
That's what I think. If eventually the injectors limit me, I will swap to 1300x or even 1700 and see how it goes. I will switch from AEM 320 fuel pump to Walbro 450 and also an adjustable FPR and hope for the best. I am confident from the fact that a buddy of mine with a Mitsu Colt and 550cc injectors made 375whp on 98ron pump gas (dynojet)! I do not know the IDC but he maxxed his turbo on 36psi!!! This was before two years and the car is still running strong. His turbo went better than advertised (GTX 2860 - GEN1). And he made these numbers without touching his head (no porting - no cams etc). This gives me the impression that the fuel here is somewhat a bit better knock free from your 93oct in us. I will find out and share my results with you. But at the moment for the next months a dyno is out of question as the summer begun and we daily exceed the 95temps before 12:00!
I would say 1450s or larger to get the #s you are expecting. That sucks that your unable to hit the dyno but oh well, but when it gets that hot that early doesn't matter where you are thats miserable lol. Those are nice #s for your buddys colt though. And yes you can do alot without touching the heads on these motors. I know back in the day everyone had to port and 1mm over valves and its so not needed till you get to the 500 or 600 mark. I know I ran mine unported to about 500 whp before I did my 2.4, and now its ported, but I planned to make much more power than 5 or 600 whp.
Old May 25, 2018, 04:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts
You got a lot of nice stuff on this build congrats. But I think you made one mistake. I can understand wall thickness of the block, but how do you know the cylinders are true? Hate to see you spend all that cash and have oblong cylinders in the block, specially when it came to a used 64 block. I was kind of surprised you went H beam rods as others did, but I know Carrillo makes nice stuff and those should be fine. Only other thing I can say is wasted money on those race balance shafts personally, and I think you should have went with a larger runner intake mani to help the air get into the engine given the larger displacement. Other then that thing should be a monster nice job. Looking forward to some #s.
lol this is funny ****^^^^^^^ Magnus V5 is proven to be the best aftermarket intake out there, besides I run the stock unported intake and TB, have made 850whp on 40 psi. Carrillo H beams are a great choice because they are lighter than the turbo tuffs and you won’t hurt them upwards of 1000 hp with a good tune. Cursedsm has always had this setup and that setup, seems like he has had 20 different builds? yet when I ask to see his dyno sheets or car pics he never can produce anything.
4g64 blocks are every bit as strong as the 4g63, no worries. You should check the line bores tho, they tend to be off a lot.
You build looks well thought out can’t wait to see the results!
Cheers, 2win
The following users liked this post:
ConEvo (May 25, 2018)
Old May 25, 2018, 04:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts
FYI the race balance shaft is much more reliable than the stub shaft style for high rpm.
It will save your oil pump, money well spent.
The following 2 users liked this post by 2winscroll:
ConEvo (May 25, 2018), Dakota Evo (Nov 25, 2018)
Old May 25, 2018, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 194 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by 2winscroll
FYI the race balance shaft is much more reliable than the stub shaft style for high rpm.
It will save your oil pump, money well spent.
I agree. Stub doesn't have the length to resist being pivoted long term.
Old May 25, 2018, 05:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by 2winscroll

lol this is funny ****^^^^^^^ Magnus V5 is proven to be the best aftermarket intake out there, besides I run the stock unported intake and TB, have made 850whp on 40 psi. Carrillo H beams are a great choice because they are lighter than the turbo tuffs and you won’t hurt them upwards of 1000 hp with a good tune. Cursedsm has always had this setup and that setup, seems like he has had 20 different builds? yet when I ask to see his dyno sheets or car pics he never can produce anything.
4g64 blocks are every bit as strong as the 4g63, no worries. You should check the line bores tho, they tend to be off a lot.
You build looks well thought out can’t wait to see the results!
Cheers, 2win

Hmm thats pretty interesting being I never said the Magnus was garbage or not worth having. Second I have never "always" had this setup I am still building it and as for 20 different builds I would like to see all of my builds since you claim untrue **** such as that. Has my setup gone in different directions over the years? Sure it has, and you for one have never asked me for any dyno sheets what so ever so nice try on that. There are vd graphs in my build and a sheet from my last stint of the current build on my car so idk wtf your talking about. I have yet to update my current build being I have not recieved any of my parts as of yet so what really is there to document? So with all that said if you were smart you would have looked for a build log because you would have found it. I do have pics of my car in my profile so idk where the you think you know more than I do about anything or any current events that is going on with my car.
heres my link to my current build sorry to hijack the thread.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/pr...150-build.html

oh and here is my first tuning thread
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...usa-tuned.html

Last edited by MinusPrevious; May 26, 2018 at 12:25 PM.

Quick Reply: 2.4LR Evo 9 93oct Virtual Dyno Results