Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

The Best Stock Turbo Manifold?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2009, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
links to the turbo trix manifold https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/tu...nt-header.html
Old Feb 26, 2009, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

^ You beat me to it

Price on that manifold, for those who don't like to read is $699. Ithas only been tested on an FP Red with no tuning, it lost 300rpm on spool up, and gained most of its power in the middle. A stock turbo is being tested and results shoudl be up soon
Old Mar 3, 2009, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
added AFI's stock turbo manifolds...i see they now have some install pics on their page...& we are now up to 20 different stock turbo replacement manifolds...I promise i will begin to update the 1st page with links tonight...
Old Mar 3, 2009, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Its almost hard to believe that there are so many choices available for a stock replacement manifold. Nice to see so many options, but there are definitely some that really perform better.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 01:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone tried the muse exh manifold?
Old Mar 4, 2009, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by denver
ported stock manifold FTW!
I agree wiht you
Old Mar 4, 2009, 04:29 AM

Was planning on porting and heat coating the stocker on mine but just soo ugly so bought a Full Race one from a dude on here.. not much available in Oz apart from the Jap brands and I'm a bit over them since they're so common here and not always as good as people make out

Shall see how she goes on an Evo 6 on Friday when I get it dynoed..
Old Mar 4, 2009, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo6Point5
Was planning on porting and heat coating the stocker on mine but just soo ugly so bought a Full Race one from a dude on here.. not much available in Oz apart from the Jap brands and I'm a bit over them since they're so common here and not always as good as people make out

nice man...lets us know...it you make a thread for your dyno sheet...post it on here!
Old Mar 4, 2009, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

The shearer, full race, or EPM would be my best guess as the top three manifolds.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 03:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo6Point5

Hey Evo6.5,

Nice score there, who's dynoing for you? I'd take the Full Race over any of the Jap offerings that seem popular here in Oz. Good luck with the tune tomorrow mate.

Steve
Old Mar 13, 2009, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Bump...finally starting to update my first post with links to each manifold...I am looking to post threads that the actual manufacturer of the manifold made to debut the manifold or whatnot...if any of you find threads like these that i haven't already added to my first post please post them and ill add them....thanks!
Old Mar 13, 2009, 11:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
full race will be the best hand down
Old Mar 15, 2009, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

This is a pretty nice thread and I'm subscribed. Most of us are running either the stock VIII or stock IX turbo so back-to-back tests would be the most accurate method to cast a vote. There are an enormous number of factors if back-to-back tests aren't done. To help me with all comparisons I usually try to find EVOs that are similarly equipped. It is good to be an EVO owner nowadays especially since there are so many options for us on the market. I also believe that if a price-to-power increase ratio is used, the ported stock exhaust manifold is not a bad option. Of course, there are some of us that wish to squeeze every ounce of peak power out of our cars so that throws the price-to-power ratio out of the window. If money weren't an issue, the Full Race Pro Stock would be my choice.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
subscribed
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

I'm debating on a Shearer of Full Race for my BBK. Full Race is or was running a special for $938 shipped so I'm leaning that way. They both are beautifully crafted!

Quick Reply: The Best Stock Turbo Manifold?