Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.
View Poll Results: FP Red or BBK
FP Red
47.89%
BBK
45.16%
Other turbo, please specify
6.95%
Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: FP Red or BBK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2009, 06:41 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i think this is one of the first product vote threads on evom.net that has lasted for more than 2 days without getting locked

I think that goes to show alot about the two products and the community! It's nice to read people's input and demonstrates to us where our products fit with our clients, and things we could possibly do in the future to satisfy other needs also.

We will also be true to the BBK "client fit" because these are the sort of cars we build 75% of the time.... we are barely EVER replacing TC's, Trans, etc... because our clients are daily driver/road racers....

Thanks again for the input everyone...

the BBK-B will be a little while yet before it is released... the final version comp wheels are in the manufacturing stage!

cb
Old Dec 4, 2009, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CBRD
i think this is one of the first product vote threads on evom.net that has lasted for more than 2 days without getting locked

I think that goes to show alot about the two products and the community! It's nice to read people's input and demonstrates to us where our products fit with our clients, and things we could possibly do in the future to satisfy other needs also.

We will also be true to the BBK "client fit" because these are the sort of cars we build 75% of the time.... we are barely EVER replacing TC's, Trans, etc... because our clients are daily driver/road racers....

the BBK-B will be a little while yet before it is released... the final version comp wheels are in the manufacturing stage!

cb
I am always reading threads about the BBk vs Red or some threads along those lines for comparison of each other. You guys seem to always state that the BBK full is for a specific type of client. What I would like to know is this turbo really geared more for someone who auto-x's road races than someone one who wants just a good turbo for street use?
Old Dec 4, 2009, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve93Talon
I'm running a BBK Lite, the thing sees 25+psi by "just" over 3k in 3rd and made 390whp/366tq. I'm on HKS 280s & stock engine, straight 93 octane. AFRs are around 10.8:1, peak timing is around 15.

wow 10.8 is conservative! and you still made 390whp - could make a lot more power if you maybe leaned it a bit more

Originally Posted by jeri534
Its not a BBK Full but Ill throw my FP Red pump graph into the mix

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...sh-racing.html

yeah I've seen this thread before, and those numbers are very nice! that powerband is freakin sweet
Old Dec 4, 2009, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
Thanks Caleb. You guys have a great looking product on your hands and I am in no way trying to take away from it. Originally the op wanted 450whp on pump but then stated 400whp with sort of an I'm settling demeanor. 450whp is fully attainable with the red on pump with proper supporting mods.

If the op is truley only looking for 400whp range on pump then I agree with the bbk option, but I think based on his original unedited post he will soon want more.
I didn't really think 480+whp and 450+wtq on a Dynojet would be easily achieved with my mods plus the other mods I'm planning on adding with the turbo upgrade. S1 cams are definately a good possibility also now that I have seen the results in other threads.

As a daily driver car the EDITED power goals are fine, but if I do end up getting a daily driver, as Ryu states, I would like to have "more room to grow" without ANOTHER turbo upgrade.

Originally Posted by CBRD

cb
I really hope this thread doesnt get locked. The intent of this poll/thread wasn't really just for me to be like "hey what turbo should I buy?". I more or less wanted to see what people's opinions were on BOTH turbos and what customers like myself had to say (pros AND cons of each). It's very interesting to see different people saying the same things about each turbo - all positive at that! . The only reason why I really posted up mods and goals, were so people would know ahead of time so they would add their input.

CBRD, can you give us an estimate on how much more power the BBK-B will make than the BBK-full? Say both with cams, tbe, intake, fmic and injectors (basic bolt-ons really)

By the way, I just wanted to thank everyone who has voted and given me their opinion. I really appreciate it...oh and the fact no one has posted stupid comments like "use the search button noob" etc etc etc. Those comments are pretty frustrating and pointless when I actually do know a lot about the "four door family cars" we drive.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

interesting results...to the op thanks for creating this thread. i'm considering ditching gt30r for bbk full on my street only evo. wish CBRD was <20 miles from my house like FP rofl.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

im surprised bbk is winning...
Old Dec 5, 2009, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by asasin79
interesting results...to the op thanks for creating this thread. i'm considering ditching gt30r for bbk full on my street only evo. wish CBRD was <20 miles from my house like FP rofl.
I would ditch that 30r to a BBK or there TAK33r. I switched my POS HTA30r for CBRD's TAK33r and lost no spool just gained a lot of top end but that's another topic all together lol.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Stockie
im surprised bbk is winning...
+1 and by a good amount too
Old Dec 6, 2009, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mitsuevo803
As a daily driver car the EDITED power goals are fine, but if I do end up getting a daily driver, as Ryu states, I would like to have "more room to grow" without ANOTHER turbo upgrade.

CBRD, can you give us an estimate on how much more power the BBK-B will make than the BBK-full? Say both with cams, tbe, intake, fmic and injectors (basic bolt-ons really)
I'm on the exact same boat as you my dude...
Old Dec 6, 2009, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SilvrEvoIX
I'm on the exact same boat as you my dude...
sucks doesn't it? i mean both are awesome turbos (both stock frame which is what i want) and they make good power, but at the same time are very different turbos. and i dont really want to go through the "trouble" of buying one turbo and then having to try to sell it and get another one....the army doesnt pay me enough for that
Old Dec 6, 2009, 09:41 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

The beta version has shown ~50whp gains.

Last edited by scheides; Dec 7, 2009 at 06:18 AM.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

...the army doesnt pay me enough for that
Should've joined the navy.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 01:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by _Chris_
Should've joined the navy.
they get paid the same! plus who wants to be on a boat for 6 months lol not me

i just got my ported red two days ago i cant wait to drop her in..

both are great turbo's
Old Dec 7, 2009, 07:17 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bbyevo8u
they get paid the same! plus who wants to be on a boat for 6 months lol not me

i just got my ported red two days ago i cant wait to drop her in..

both are great turbo's
thanks for your service!

im sure you will enjoy your new turbo regardless of "color" hee he.

cb
Old Dec 7, 2009, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scheides
The beta version has shown ~50whp gains.
If this is true, I'm sold. 50whp gains over the original BBK would be a lot easier to achieve my goal of 450whp.

Quick Reply: POLL: FP Red or BBK