Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Post your Synapse DV config and results

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2010, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi any pics
Old Dec 4, 2010, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Here's a picture of my Synapse. I am using a different spring in 'Pull' mode as well as using Port A only. I left Port B venting, but put a little filter on it. So far I don't have any partial throttle issues, no fluttering, no bucking, no nothing. I took my car to a road-course earlier last month and everything was phenomenal.

Old Jan 5, 2011, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Any updates on your guys' DV's?

I am looking for a DV that has the driveability and noise control of a IX DV, but can hold up to 26psi leak-free.

This seems like a good option, although I see a lot of fluttering problems, has any of this been resolved?
Old Jan 5, 2011, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

interesting - I would think the pull type would be more sensitive since its vaccum related. But, I am no genius!
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

I installed this Dv today. I had this installed it in the pull style first and thought maybe I installed it wrong. The car was running worse then ever! I was having major idle issues when start up and major flutter issues during partial throttle. I installed it push style today. This was the best for my car with both port a and b hooked up. I have no flutter, no stalling issues at stop signs lol.. All i have to say is this thing is *****en. Once installed in push mode My booost jumped to over 30 psi when I was originally set to 26-27 psi. This thing is amazing and I would recommend this dv over any..
Old Jan 19, 2011, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

Where is everyone getting this experimental spring?
Old Jan 29, 2011, 03:45 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Aby@MIL.SPEC
my favorite is pull mode, a-port (closest to the adjusting screw), zero preload with the factory spring.

I tried push mode with an experimental spring & the boost response during wot wasnt as good for me..... i tried both in a only & b only, not with them t'd together.

with the experimental spring, pull mode is best so far in a-port & some preload....more details later.....this spring dramaticaly reduces fwy on-throttle flutter!!
I just installed the experimental spring and flipped the valve to pull mode. I've got three turns of preload. Heading out to run some errands and will report back.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^^^keep us updated! I'm glad I found this thread, I just got my Synapse DV in the mail from No Limit 2 days ago. I will be using the Tial flange. I am swapping this for my Tial Q...driveability was terrible with it.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:12 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by mrfred
I just installed the experimental spring and flipped the valve to pull mode. I've got three turns of preload. Heading out to run some errands and will report back.
ok, pull mode with three turns of preload on the experimental spring and port A has waaaay less DV flutter at part throttle boost than push mode. Flutter is nearly non-existent. I can still induce some flutter if I try, but what flutter I can induce seems to cause much less bucking.

I'll probably try tweaking the preload a bit today and tomorrow to see if I can make it even better.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 02:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Got a little more daily driving in at lunch time. I can still get a bit of bucking, but much less than when setup in push mode, and with the current spring preload and using Port A, the buck occurs almost as the gauge crosses from boost to vacuum with steady throttle.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
Got a little more daily driving in at lunch time. I can still get a bit of bucking, but much less than when setup in push mode, and with the current spring preload and using Port A, the buck occurs almost as the gauge crosses from boost to vacuum with steady throttle.
Ughhhh...This is what my Forge does ~4 - 6psi going up a hill in 6th gear around 3000 - 3500 rpm. If I downshift to 5th and keep the RPMs above 4500, I don't seem to get the bucking at all.

If I am on flat ground cruising at ~4 - 6psi I don't get the bucking / fluttering.

I wonder if I should install a stiffer spring ????
Old Jan 31, 2011, 06:00 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by cij911
Ughhhh...This is what my Forge does ~4 - 6psi going up a hill in 6th gear around 3000 - 3500 rpm. If I downshift to 5th and keep the RPMs above 4500, I don't seem to get the bucking at all.

If I am on flat ground cruising at ~4 - 6psi I don't get the bucking / fluttering.

I wonder if I should install a stiffer spring ????
I don't think I can comment. I haven't tried the Synapse factory spring in pull mode yet. All I can say, if it helps, is that the experimental spring is softer than the factory spring.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
where are you guys getting this experimental spring? I dont think it was answered anywhere
Old Feb 3, 2011, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Tfresh
where are you guys getting this experimental spring? I dont think it was answered anywhere
I would like to know more about this also...
Old Feb 3, 2011, 03:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I have the springs. Pm me if you want 1.

They're not very expensive....

I am still trying to find what i believe is the right spring.

Last edited by Aby@MIL.SPEC; Feb 3, 2011 at 03:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Post your Synapse DV config and results