Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACD/AYC pump failure reports

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 06:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After receiving a letter from Mitsu that the punp is covered and reading they may reimburse, I mailed my receipt for my pump to them, hoping for a reimbursement check. It's been months now. Looks like I'm not gonna get any of my money back. I called the dealer and they said to call 18886487820 but I haven't called yet.

Last edited by Chafed Banana; Mar 29, 2015 at 06:38 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chafed Banana
After receiving a letter from Mitsu that the punp is covered and reading they may reimburse, I mailed my receipt for my pump to them, hoping for a reimbursement check. It's been months now. Looks like I'm not gonna get any of my money back. I called the dealer and they said to call 18886487820 but I haven't called yet.

I would encourage you to call CB. I received my check. It took several weeks and a couple calls, but I got all I asked for.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

i got the cheque from mitsu today. but it's for a little over half of what i paid to replace at the dealer. wtf?

i paid $1200. sent them the receipt and service papers. was only given back $625, with no explanation on why.

any ideas?
Old Apr 11, 2015, 12:36 PM
Account Disabled

(UPDATE)
It's been four-five weeks since my pump went and had it inspected.
I was told it was covered under warranty.

My local dealership is starting to give me nightmares now.
The first week went by so I called to see what the update was, they said Mitsubishi placed it on back order and it should be there within 5 days so we setup an appointment.

I called to confirm the pump was there so I don't drive out for no reason.

Apparently the tech/rep can't find my vehicle/name on their record now. Along with having no knowledge of a AYC pump order etc.. He had no clue.

Then he tells me to call Monday to speak to the manager or w/e I've called everyday since and left two voicemails on his phone.... No return call/update.
All in all they are giving me the run around it's ridiculous.

Might have to write a letter to Mitsubishi.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 04:19 PM
Account Disabled

Finally found out what is going on from a manager there.

Supposedly Mitsubishi is going to manufacturer new AYC pumps from what he said. Also he claimed Mitsubishi had them currently on hold.

Has anyone heard the same? Or is that just b.s?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dan_585
Finally found out what is going on from a manager there.

Supposedly Mitsubishi is going to manufacturer new AYC pumps from what he said. Also he claimed Mitsubishi had them currently on hold.

Has anyone heard the same? Or is that just b.s?

I'm guessing BS.. make sure you have a service receipt from Mitsubishi saying that they inspected your car and you're eligible for warranty repair/replacement of your AYC/ACD Pump. Otherwise that gives them time and opportunity to come up with reasons why you don't qualify for the warranty.

good luck!
Old Apr 15, 2015, 01:29 PM

That's total bs if I ever heard it. Tell em your warranty covers your pump NOW with a new original one and when and IF Mitsu designs a new one (lol, they're done with the Evo) then they can replace your new one with that one
Old Apr 17, 2015, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Looks like mine is on the way to failing.

Intermittently popped the code the last few weeks when it was over 70 degrees. Goes away on restart at this point.

Assume I'm going to need the code on when I take it to the dealer?
Old Apr 19, 2015, 01:45 PM

The dealer should take your word for it or be able to tell it is failing by looking at it. I'd take it now.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 02:40 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Chafed Banana
That's total bs if I ever heard it. Tell em your warranty covers your pump NOW with a new original one and when and IF Mitsu designs a new one (lol, they're done with the Evo) then they can replace your new one with that one
He called and left a voice mail a little while ago.

He stated that they had released the pump and its supposedly on a boat on its way here ( as he laughed a bit) and that it would be here within the week or so.

Hopefully it arrives new...I'm quite interested in what shows up
Old Apr 21, 2015, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Dealer said it should be covered up to 100k miles, if this is what is popping the code. Taking it in Tuesday. 56xxx miles on mine.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 01:10 PM

2010 Evo X
66XXXmiles in New jersey salt and snow.

Code C161E came up today. Had it come up once a few months back but didn't think anything of it because the issue was solved when I replaced the relay. Lo and behold I got the warranty notice in January.

Called my local Mitsu today and here is what I was told:

1. Need to bring it in when it shows the code. but they wouldn't be able to do anything because....
2. Part is on "backorder nationally", Dealer says he has had customers waiting for weeks....
3. Service guy admitted that there is potential for differential damage when driving without a functioning pump.

Based on what I have read here it seems Mitsu may be putting together the cheapest solution before rolling it out to us.

Until then I will have to drive anyway. My one and only DD. Hope nothing really bad comes of it until I can get to the dealer and hear what options I actually have. They have been cool with my tune when doing other warranty fixes so maybe they can let it slide here too.
Old May 4, 2015, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Took it in last week. They did the software update. Code hasn't popped back up. It's been around 65-70 all week so maybe it helped. Today however, it was 85 and instead of a code the "tarmac" label was flashing and the bar graph (AWC display) was missing the bars. Still a failing pump?
Old May 5, 2015, 05:00 AM
B^t

I bought a used ayc pump from a local shop in my area, it only works for 2days before the "service required check light" appeared again.

Apparently the pump is faulty as well..... I felt that it might be the workshop doesn't knows how to install or requires Any calibrations to get it run well...

Anyway I gotten a full refund for the used faulty ayc that they sold me......

Toying the idea to get from those ebay vendors now.....

Is there any kind souls that can provide me with the installation of ayc and any configuration or calibration required to let the ayc run well after installing.....

Hope to hear from you guys expertise....
Old May 22, 2015, 09:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey guys / gals. We're vendors on this site now so I can post this. For those of you who have had your pumps replaced under warranty, check this out so you never have to worry about it again.

http://driven-fabrication.com/collec...-kit-pre-order

Quick Reply: ACD/AYC pump failure reports