Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Ultimate Rattle & Noise Fixes for Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Adjusted the seat belt positions on both B-pillars and the rattle seams to have stopped. Now on the the rear deck lid...
Old Mar 31, 2015, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did most of these ...awesome help and great thread!!
Old Apr 7, 2015, 08:27 AM

Hello, my car (2014 Evo X GSR) has only a couple of months and 1000 miles but since day one it has so many rattles and vibrations! it drives me crazy!, but there is a particular vibration that I hate the most, in neutral or any gear when I get to 2k rpm I get a vibration behind the AC controls. I've pulled apart almost the entire dash and discovered the cause but I don't know how to fix it, the vibration comes from this white box

Any help please? the vibration only comes when I'm at 2k rpm, I know is not a luxury car but it has so many rattles!!
Old Jun 8, 2015, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by alfredoaal
Hello, my car (2014 Evo X GSR) has only a couple of months and 1000 miles but since day one it has so many rattles and vibrations! it drives me crazy!, but there is a particular vibration that I hate the most, in neutral or any gear when I get to 2k rpm I get a vibration behind the AC controls. I've pulled apart almost the entire dash and discovered the cause but I don't know how to fix it, the vibration comes from this white box

Any help please? the vibration only comes when I'm at 2k rpm, I know is not a luxury car but it has so many rattles!!
I have the same vibration at 2k rpm in my new '15 GSR with 250 miles on it. It comes and goes though, really annoying.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by legacyGSR
I have the same vibration at 2k rpm in my new '15 GSR with 250 miles on it. It comes and goes though, really annoying.
I took the car to the concessioner and the solved the problem. They didn't told what the problem was
Old Aug 13, 2015, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by alfredoaal
I took the car to the concessioner and the solved the problem. They didn't told what the problem was
What exactly do you mean by "concessioner" in this context?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by JoeyBoy
What exactly do you mean by "concessioner" in this context?
I'm sorry, english is not my native language. "Concessioner" is the place where I bougth the car.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gforced
I was getting a serious rattle from the airbag by your knees under the steering wheel. I took that panel around it off, unbolted the airbag module, carefully rotated to see all the tabs and added felt and felt pads anywhere they were loose or making noise.

This was the worse one in my car so far and it is all gone now.
Any body have a pic of this one?

Going to dig under there but I have a deep rattle that is coming right from that area.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

So i have the same hvac rattle and found it's the plastic hvac to floor vent piece. it's the black plastic piece in the pictures. I can rev the car to 2krpm and press on this piece and it stops.

I put a screw through both pieces of plastic to better secure them but it didn't help. It's possible the actual rattle could be coming from the white plastic behind it.

Old Oct 18, 2015, 04:58 PM

I removed a few annoying rattles today.

Grab handles

Interior handles on the roof lining all had loose screws.

Easy Fix: Just lower the handles , remove the plastic covers with a flat head screwdriver and tighten the screws inside.

Last edited by MDS-EVO; Nov 27, 2015 at 07:19 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 08:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a squeaking sound that occurs when I hit bumps, comes from rear, it most probably is the same as above in regards tot he rear parcel shelf.

I originally thought it was the headrests, but I took them out and the "squeak" was still there.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by 57ING
I have a squeaking sound that occurs when I hit bumps, comes from rear, it most probably is the same as above in regards tot he rear parcel shelf.

I originally thought it was the headrests, but I took them out and the "squeak" was still there.

Mine also...Squeeking sound when the car goes over uneven surfaces.

After unmounting the whole car... i found out it was the rear shock absorber !

Last edited by MDS-EVO; Nov 27, 2015 at 07:19 AM.
Old May 17, 2016, 08:20 PM

Anyone has a pic for rattle fix inside the door panel? Mine sounds like bxxxx when the weather is getting hot
Old Jun 28, 2016, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

I've searched through this thread but couldn't find the one thing that is annoying the crap out of me - HVAC Fan Rattle/Squeak.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I did some serious trouble shooting to identify that its the actual fan that is behind the glove box. It happens when I use the heater in the Winter and now the A/C in the Summer.

Thanks!
Old Sep 8, 2016, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
How do you actually remove the rear deck? Do you have to remove the rear seats?

Quick Reply: Ultimate Rattle & Noise Fixes for Evo X