Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Ultimate Rattle & Noise Fixes for Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should be a simple fix. I have a 2011 MR, 18500 mi. No rattles yet. All cars have some issue's. Don't sweat the small stuff.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 07:44 PM

Thanks megs, all the fixes worked on my 08. i just bought the car and never noticed any rattling or buzzing until i drove the car hard. It's been driving me nuts!
Old Dec 19, 2013, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sev
I have a squeak coming from either the glove box area or center console. It's not a rattle, it's literally a squeak.

Any ideas?
YES! I have that too.. and on slow bumpy roads with quick vibration thing sounds like knife on plate... so annoying... screw rattles, this is what needs to be fixed.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 11:38 AM

Just got a JDM Evo X and I guess I will be busy for the next week or so doing everything in this thread!! Lucky its Christmas :P
Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:53 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Skibumm
I have this awful rattle that is driving me nuts. Its in my headliner on my 2011. Part of it is coming from the overhead light, but its also directly above the driver's head. If I push up on the headliner it goes away. Any fixes without pulling the whole freaking headliner off?

Ill tell you I drove Subaru's for years and I never thought any car could rattle is much as they do. I was wrong!!!!!!!!!!
it may be the plastic lens over the dome light. You can jam a piece of paper in there or some strip caulk
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Not sure if I missed it, but anyone getting a rattle/vibration that seems to be coming from the passenger side loud speaker?
Old Feb 11, 2014, 04:00 PM

Rear Deck lid rattle from SSS

Anyone having a similar issue? Any fix? Sub is rattling the rear deck lid against something cant figure it out.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:03 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
^-- I know JDZNate did something different than my following suggestion. Something having to do with the child safety seat mounts and using a clip to make it quit rattling.

My suggestion is to remove the lid, get some spray adhesive, spray some speaker carpet, lay it over the metal, then put the lid back on. Creates a nice soft buffer to absorb the rattles.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 03:00 PM

I have a sunroof, and it sounds like somewhere along the rear in the roof I get a vibrate/rattle sound at low RPMs, only 7k miles on my car. Pretty bummed on it! Anybody else have this problem?
Old Mar 2, 2014, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Does it go away when you open or tilt the sunroof?
Old Mar 2, 2014, 05:54 PM

this is the best thread only an evo forum would have a rattle and noise stcky lmao
Old Mar 2, 2014, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Really?

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=71119

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums...attle-fix.html

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/ge...attle-fix.html

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304725

http://www.f150forum.com/f4/door-rattle-fix-131579/

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...attle-fix.html

etc.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 07:49 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by corey5alexander
I have a sunroof, and it sounds like somewhere along the rear in the roof I get a vibrate/rattle sound at low RPMs, only 7k miles on my car. Pretty bummed on it! Anybody else have this problem?
If the car only has 7k, maybe consider taking it in. Tell them it's distracting you from driving.

On the CT9A sunroofs, screws would come out and roll around in the liner. Sound something like that?

Also noticed on mine, the rubber would rub against the roof, which made a squeaky sound. Some rubber conditioner helped.

Finally, on my VIII, I had an aftermarket sunroof. It had rubber drain tubes that went down the A pillar. They were rubbing and it drove me absolutely bonkers. I ended up wrapping them in medical tape so they couldn't rub. Made a hell of a difference. May be worth a look.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by migs647
If the car only has 7k, maybe consider taking it in. Tell them it's distracting you from driving.

On the CT9A sunroofs, screws would come out and roll around in the liner. Sound something like that?

Also noticed on mine, the rubber would rub against the roof, which made a squeaky sound. Some rubber conditioner helped.

Finally, on my VIII, I had an aftermarket sunroof. It had rubber drain tubes that went down the A pillar. They were rubbing and it drove me absolutely bonkers. I ended up wrapping them in medical tape so they couldn't rub. Made a hell of a difference. May be worth a look.
I thought about bringing it in but I have a TBE and I'm worried they'll blame that even though it started with the stock exhaust and only got more drastic with the TBE (obviously)

Does anyone know how hard it is to remove the roof liner? I don't think anything is bouncing rolling around on it as I would presume you would hear it while driving/while tapping against the liner.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 10:39 PM

????

Rear Deck
Use speaker carpet on the back deck under the plastic.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/8616167-post9.html

Ok.. I may have missed it.. but.. how did you remove the rear deck?

I see all the pics of the rear deck off. What are the spots to pull off?

Last edited by LightSkinBro; Mar 5, 2014 at 10:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Rattle & Noise Fixes for Evo X