Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa999
I'm a tad confused. Another thread tells me to replace Windows 7 with XP SP3, while this one, obviously, says that I can keep Windows 7. Can someone clarify, please? I would like to get the netbook ready for when the Lexia arrives. Thanks.
If your netbook has at least 720p display and 2 GB RAM then running 32bit Windows 7 is fine for DiagBox.
Otherwise Diagbox is still usable yet slow and/or inconvenient.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wanted to disable my TPMS right away after switching out the wheels. But now that it's been well over 2 months, I'm pretty used to holding the reset button down now. Don't get me wrong, if I had access to the Lexia, then I would disable it, but I'm not going to spend the $ to buy one when I can just hold down the button. Obviously, it bothers some people more than others I guess.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by loges54
Obviously, it bothers some people more than others I guess.
So true
Old Dec 23, 2012, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by vadimus_ca
If your netbook has at least 720p display and 2 GB RAM then running 32bit Windows 7 is fine for DiagBox.
Otherwise Diagbox is still usable yet slow and/or inconvenient.
Phui. Windows 7 Starter for netbooks is 32-bit and the screen meets the requirements, too, but I didn't pay for the 2GB upgrade. I guess I'll do this right now. Thanks!

I'm not doing this for the TPMS, but I did find it annoying the one winter I didn't swap codes. Holding the button down for three seconds wasn't the issue; the problem was that every time you do something fun, after it flashes the ASC warning, it goes back to the TPMS display and you have to clear it again. As nuts as this may sound, my rally wheels have TPMS sensors in them so I get a warning if and when I debead a tire.

Last edited by Iowa999; Dec 23, 2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by loges54
I wanted to disable my TPMS right away after switching out the wheels. But now that it's been well over 2 months, I'm pretty used to holding the reset button down now. Don't get me wrong, if I had access to the Lexia, then I would disable it, but I'm not going to spend the $ to buy one when I can just hold down the button. Obviously, it bothers some people more than others I guess.
Unless you guys live where I am. Where temperature quickly change especially on winter! Not only that, there's always snow on the road. When ASC or ABS kicks in, the display turns yellow over and over and over again!

Freaking annoying! I hate TPMS design of Mitsubishi. So expensive and hardly to reset. GM tpms are the best and cheap!
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

And yet another option available - now service reminder could be fully disabled.

Not my case, but I know at least 2 guys who hate that feature so much.

Last edited by vadimus_ca; Dec 24, 2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry. Another question: the netbook I ordered has 1 GB of ram that is soldered to the motherboard and can't be upgraded. Do I have to have 2 GB? Do I send it back and get a better one?
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
Sorry. Another question: the netbook I ordered has 1 GB of ram that is soldered to the motherboard and can't be upgraded. Do I have to have 2 GB? Do I send it back and get a better one?
Try it. Maybe for the Starter edition it would be enough.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Argh. Not the answer that I was hoping for. It will be hard to return the netbook if I've used it. I was hoping for a firm "yes, it will be fine" or "no, you must have 2 gig."

Not your fault, by any means, that I don't like the answer, since it's probably an honest one. In fact, I shouldn't even post this. Too bad that I have the personal self-editing skills of a sociopath with ADHD.

I'll go find an executive decision-maker. I'm thinking that this calls for an Iowa state quarter. Heads ... send it back. Corn-rows ... keep it.

tee hee

And, thanks.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

If you're gonna use your netbook to other stuff, might as well get the 2G of ram.

On topic:

I ordered Lexia 3 yesterday and anxious to receive it next week or 2. While waiting, I installed the diagbox and interface checker.

It took me like 3 hrs to download and install everything.

So excited for this. THanks again to Vadimus and friends!
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Just a little bit confuse about the lexia clone interface?

I bought my lexia 3 from one of the selle in China. Does that mean it has a clone interface and I need to downgrade the firmware using the PSA interface checker program and re-flash it to work with diagbox 6.22?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by spekil
Just a little bit confuse about the lexia clone interface?

I bought my lexia 3 from one of the selle in China. Does that mean it has a clone interface and I need to downgrade the firmware using the PSA interface checker program and re-flash it to work with diagbox 6.22?
It is very easy to tell the difference.

If you paid around $150 for Lexia - yes, it is a clone and you need to downgrade its firmware.
If you paid €400+ for PSA Evolution XS - you don't need to downgrade its firmware.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 02:50 PM

OK, I am officially frustrated. I have been trying to install Diagbox for two days now and have never felt more stupid. I am hoping someone might help me out. Here are the steps that I have gone through:

Laptop running XP Pro SP3
Unpacked and installed DVD-6.01 [even downloaded 6.22 still same result below
Ran Diagbox exe
Restarted as directed
Followed included instructions on pdf and Youtube video-run patch 5 and 6
Everytime I get an error "Error during installation of Lexia. You have to reactivate to restart the installation"
I have uninstalled and reinstalled at least 10 times to no avail

What could I be doing wrong.

Thanks for any help in advance Dhatw.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dhatw
OK, I am officially frustrated. I have been trying to install Diagbox for two days now and have never felt more stupid. I am hoping someone might help me out. Here are the steps that I have gone through:

Laptop running XP Pro SP3
Unpacked and installed DVD-6.01 [even downloaded 6.22 still same result below
Ran Diagbox exe
Restarted as directed
Followed included instructions on pdf and Youtube video-run patch 5 and 6
Everytime I get an error "Error during installation of Lexia. You have to reactivate to restart the installation"
I have uninstalled and reinstalled at least 10 times to no avail

What could I be doing wrong.

Thanks for any help in advance Dhatw.
I suppose you unpacked DiagBox ISO image to the folder?

If so, try burning it to DVD.

You don't need to use v.5 patch for DiagBox 6.x
Old Jan 6, 2013, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by vadimus_ca
I suppose you unpacked DiagBox ISO image to the folder?

If so, try burning it to DVD.

You don't need to use v.5 patch for DiagBox 6.x
I don't even know what that means The package came with a DVD but when that didn't work I downloaded what I thought was 6.22 but it was in fact 6.01 as well with an upgrade file. But nothing worked same error. I will google upacking ISO image. Thank you.

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization