Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

RRM Turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2011, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RRM Turbo kit

Hey guys I know you all think Roadrace turbo is on the expensive side but you all should know that the way the kit is build is to ensure a long lasting engine life to your lancers and you wont be spending loads of money on gas; as it saves u gas when u don't step on it. Ive had my RRM on for at least a couple weeks, and i enjoy the torque happy feel to my car. I mean i went from Vegas to Cali on one gas tank O.O well i should say 3/4 gas was used and still had gas . All in all If you want a good reliable turbo and a known motorsport company who works on our cars in and out, and Mitsubishi Lending them cars to make Our lancers better; Roadrace is for you. Rather than putting a cheaper setup and messing up your engines life or gas mileage on a Na car>Turbo car. You know what they say you pay what u get .So all in all if you want a turbo setup that will last u a long time, Save a little and go with Roadrace. Rob and roman at RRM are excellent at what they do so trust me its Worth ever penny i spent with Roadrace.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rizaex
Hey guys I know you all think Roadrace turbo is on the expensive side but you all should know that the way the kit is build is to ensure a long lasting engine life to your lancers and you wont be spending loads of money on gas; as it saves u gas when u don't step on it. Ive had my RRM on for at least a couple weeks, and i enjoy the torque happy feel to my car. I mean i went from Vegas to Cali on one gas tank O.O well i should say 3/4 gas was used and still had gas . All in all If you want a good reliable turbo and a known motorsport company who works on our cars in and out, and Mitsubishi Lending them cars to make Our lancers better; Roadrace is for you. Rather than putting a cheaper setup and messing up your engines life or gas mileage on a Na car>Turbo car. You know what they say you pay what u get .So all in all if you want a turbo setup that will last u a long time, Save a little and go with Roadrace. Rob and roman at RRM are excellent at what they do so trust me its Worth ever penny i spent with Roadrace.
what kind of numbers are you putting up w/ that turbo kit?
Old Jun 3, 2011, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

And is your car CVT or stick?
Old Jun 4, 2011, 03:24 AM

Its a 5spd Stick and i not sure about the numbers cause i didn't dyno it yet. It has a piggyback system to where it boost at a certain spd and the only thing i know is that they put it to 7psi. The usual output is 245hp and i think if mistaken a higher torque.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 02:06 AM
Evolving Member

That's fine and all... except building your own kit for far less money doesn't necessarily mean it's not going to last a long time. In fact you could build a far more reliable kit considering RRM cut a few corners with their cheepo piping/hoses, the 5th injector set-up is pretty sketchy, and they probably only switched to the new BOV because they cut some profitable deal with TurboSmart (speculation), among other things.

Anyways 7psi is pretty sick tho bro, glad you like it. As for those of us who are poor, there's still plenty of hope.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like my RRM turbo kit
Old Jun 8, 2011, 01:31 PM

I was going to order the RRM kit before my car was totaled. It really is the best kit out there right now..
Old Jun 8, 2011, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

It really is the best kit out there right now
It's the only kit out there right now lol. It's not the best setup however.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It is the only kit out there that is sure to run. Alot of guys think they can do better. Some can and so can I but we build a kit. Custom stuff can be done but either guys are in over their heads and blow up, or they do fine and or they end up slowly spending more money than a kit and they take months to do it. If you are up for it, go for it. If not the kit is the right thing for you. In fact the kit is the right thing for 80% of the guys that want turbo. Same reason Mitsubishi Motors of North AMerica just hired us to turbo a car for them. They know our stuff is SAFE and FAST. They have driven it and even gave us the car to turbo in the first place back in late 2007. This customer is happy and he has the kit. He is really the only one who can comment on the kit, not others that don't have the kit. You cannot take away his satisfaction! Thanks

ROAD/RACE
The following users liked this post:
William Watson (Jun 26, 2019)
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Is there any chance you can run a special on the turbo kits? Price just seems insane compared to turbo kits offered for other cars.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Call ME! There are a couple things I can do. The price is not insane for a tuned kit but, we can work something with you. Ask for ROB. If I am out, leave a return number to call. I will get right back to you. Thanks

ROAD/RACE
Old Jun 14, 2011, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats to another turbo lancer owner.

and some want numbers for the turbo kit, look at my sig.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

and we can imagine the numbers are much better with a 2.4Liter platform.

I has 2.0 . Lame sauce.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:29 PM
Former Sponsor

2.4s turboed really are quite impressive. Congrats

ROAD/RACE
Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:25 PM

i just bought a 2009 lancer gts cvt and i was wondering if anyone knew of any reliable companies that have turbo kits for them? from what ive researched so far it doesnt seem like its made yet? also what are some things i should change out or install first to achieve more power?

Quick Reply: RRM Turbo kit