Notices

Confirmed: Evo ROM Can Be Flashed to Lancer ECU

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2010, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is the most awesome news ive heard so far!!!!
ur a god senate!!

EDIT: this is good for us Marcus. =)
also, could i just dl ANY evo 8 roms?

Last edited by ClixT; Apr 26, 2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
another breathru by senate yet again keep up the good work!!
Old Apr 26, 2010, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ClixT
this is the most awesome news ive heard so far!!!!
ur a god senate!!

EDIT: this is good for us Marcus. =)
also, could i just dl ANY evo 8 roms?
Pretty much any evo 8 rom will work they all function in the same fashion.

I recommended the tephra v7 rom because it not only has extra features but also is highly mapped out allowing for the most radical changes of any of the roms where they may not be as mapped out as this one.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by sawulkn
another breathru by senate yet again keep up the good work!!
I don't feel like I deserve any credit for this one. All I did was flash a ROM onto an ECU. If anyone else had gotten curious and tried it they likely would've had the same success. In the end, if it helps out the Lancer guys that's all that matters to me.

If anything, cheers to RoadSpike for the logical contributions to the discussion in the other thread that convinced me to walk out to my car and attempt it.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

you guys are awesome, I was thinking about doing this but like previously mentioned I was afraid of bricking my ecu....

you guys should get some kind of contribution since you saved us all money from buying evo ecu's lol

One question though, when saving the tephra rom to the rommetadata folder I have a .bin attached ...does that bin go in the same folder or do I need to move it somewhere else?

Last edited by turbolancer02; Apr 26, 2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by senate6268
I don't feel like I deserve any credit for this one. All I did was flash a ROM onto an ECU. If anyone else had gotten curious and tried it they likely would've had the same success. In the end, if it helps out the Lancer guys that's all that matters to me.

If anything, cheers to RoadSpike for the logical contributions to the discussion in the other thread that convinced me to walk out to my car and attempt it.
Hey at least you had the ***** to go out and try it

I'm still betting the same thing will happen with the 2008+ lancers if it hasn't already
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turbolancer02
you guys are awesome, I was thinking about doing this but like previously mentioned I was afraid of bricking my ecu....

you guys should get some kind of contribution since you saved us all money from buying evo ecu's lol

One question though, when saving the tephra rom to the rommetadata folder I have a .bin attached ...does that bin go in the same folder or do I need to move it somewhere else?
Only the xml needs to go into the C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\evo folder the bin you can just stick anywhere you want. I personally keep a tuning folder on my desktop.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
Only the xml needs to go into the C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\evo folder the bin you can just stick anywhere you want. I personally keep a tuning folder on my desktop.
Thats a great idea ..lol thanx Rs
Old Apr 26, 2010, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Senate and RS ... I <3 you guys. I had never thought to try it as the Evos have issues swapping different ROMs back and forth ... some swap, some don't. It was an assumption that the ROMs wouldn't work since the IDs were no where near any Evo ROMs.

Oh, and I didn't see the Tephra ROM info posted here ... you would use the 94170715 V7 (or other Evo VIII ROM), correct?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TouringBubble
Senate and RS ... I <3 you guys. I had never thought to try it as the Evos have issues swapping different ROMs back and forth ... some swap, some don't. It was an assumption that the ROMs wouldn't work since the IDs were no where near any Evo ROMs.

Oh, and I didn't see the Tephra ROM info posted here ... you would use the 94170715 V7 (or other Evo VIII ROM), correct?
yep thats the one i was suggesting
Old Apr 26, 2010, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Car is now idling with the ROM RoadSpike has suggested!
Old Apr 26, 2010, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
HRMMM.. Senate.. now question remains.. what about the automatic guys?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
HRMMM.. Senate.. now question remains.. what about the automatic guys?
thats what i asked earlier and this is what i got

I was pretty sure the ECU of all lancers didn't control the transmission.

The transmission should have its own ecu just like other cars do.
im tempted to try this but im not sure still but i had a friend who has two mirages say he put his 5 speed ecu in to his auto and it started and idled but his auto tranny jacked up so he cant drive it to see what happens
Old Apr 26, 2010, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by link62
thats what i asked earlier and this is what i got

im tempted to try this but im not sure still but i had a friend who has two mirages say he put his 5 speed ecu in to his auto and it started and idled but his auto tranny jacked up so he cant drive it to see what happens

Well if someone would be kind enough to post up a pin out diagram of the lancer auto ecu and manual ecu we could compare it and see if there really is a spot on the ecu for it to control the transmission.

Simply put if there are no wires going to the ecu or out of the ecu to the transmission or from the transmission it must get its directions from some other source. Old cars used a cable to tell them what the throttle position was but new cars probably use an electronic link to where the throttle is

A transmission is a pretty simple piece of equipment and doesn't need a huge amount of programming to create solid workable shift points. My guess is if anything the transmission has a wire to the throttle position sensor and thats it to create when the valve body on the transmission shifts to a new gear. The transmission itself isn't capable of self destructing on the odd chance its gets a crossed signal.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Well if someone would be kind enough to post up a pin out diagram of the lancer auto ecu and manual ecu we could compare it and see if there really is a spot on the ecu for it to control the transmission.

Simply put if there are no wires going to the ecu or out of the ecu to the transmission or from the transmission it must get its directions from some other source. Old cars used a cable to tell them what the throttle position was but new cars probably use an electronic link to where the throttle is

A transmission is a pretty simple piece of equipment and doesn't need a huge amount of programming to create solid workable shift points. My guess is if anything the transmission has a wire to the throttle position sensor and thats it to create when the valve body on the transmission shifts to a new gear. The transmission itself isn't capable of self destructing on the odd chance its gets a crossed signal.
heres where to find it
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/8216066-post9.html

Quick Reply: Confirmed: Evo ROM Can Be Flashed to Lancer ECU