Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Custom Piston Order Form

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2007, 05:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom Piston Order Form

Whats up guys. I'm looking into maybe starting a group buy for some pistons. I'm looking at Arias right now. Now I've got to figure out how to fill out the custom order form: http://www.ariaspistons.com/products/orderform.pdf
Any guidance on some of these numbers would be great.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 06:07 AM

You're going to need to know the specifics for the engine...I'm not very familiar with the 4G94, or I'd give them to you. Here's some example info for you though.

Quantity of Pistons: 4
Vehicle Make: Mitsubishi
Engine Type: 4G94
Approximate HP: How much power do you think you'll make?
Cubic Inch Displacement: 1999cc (you shouldn't have to worry about converting to CID for them)
Max RPM: This will mainly be determined by your camshaft profiles
Bore Size: 81.5mm I believe if you're not overboring your cylinders
Stroke: 95.8mm I believe
Rod Length: Not sure but the 4G63 is 150mm
Steel or Aluminum: Check which type of rod you are using
Rod Small End Width: You'd have to measure this
Thickness Above Pin: I believe this is the thickiness of the piston crown, but a quick call to Arias would confirm this
Compression Height: Measure from the center of the wrist pin to the top of the flat part of the piston crown (4G63 is 34.9mm)
Block Height: Again, not sure on the 4G94, you'd have to measure...if memory serves me correctly it is the distance between the center of the main crank journals to the top of the block
Compression Ratio: What compression ratio do you want to run?
Head Gasket Thickness: Depends on what head gaskets you use...stock 4G63 is .050"
Deck Clearance: This is the how much the piston either protrudes above the top of the engine block or how much it sits below it
Positive or Negative Volume Needed: I think this is how much of a dome or dish you want (probably in cc's) to adjust the size of your combustion chamber...again, call Arias to confirm
Piston Type: Select what type you want

The rest of the information should be filled out as well to ensure they know what type of pins you want, what angle and depth to cut valve reliefs (if any), what type and size rings to use, etc. Your best bet is to just give them a call, tell them this will be your first time ordering custom pistons, and they'll be able to walk you through it. Back when I owned my first Neon many moons ago I was going to have them make me a custom set (until the ex got the car in the divorce) and they were very helpful. You picked a great company that's been in the racing piston forefront for quite some time. Stick with it and maybe others will be able to pick a set up as well. If memory serves me correctly, it wasn't going to be that much to order a custom set either. I think back in 98 when I was looking at getting them for the Neon they only wanted about $100 per piston...but prices could have changed since then.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the info man. $100.00 per piston isn't bad at all.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 06:44 AM

I certainly didn't think so...especially for Arias pistons. Out of all the companies out there, they are definitely my first choice. I've known far too many people that have run them with the best of luck. Hope they work out for you. If you have any other questions after contacting them, just shoot me a message.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Cool man will do. Don't expect to hear from them until monday or so.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Definately let us know how this turns out, and I would say keep a copy of your order form because more people will want pistons for under $700. So if these turn out good, you can be the one to go to for info.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

I'm definitely up for 400$ pistons. That's a hell of a price for awesome pistons. Keep us updated!!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
http://www.importperformanceparts.ne...itsubishi.html Here's a page with info for you guys.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 02:40 PM

Just don't get your hopes up too high...remember, I was quoted those prices back in 98...they may be higher now...
Old Mar 13, 2007, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

I'll def keep you guys posted. I may be going another route to experiment, but there definitely will be some custom pistons down the line when I upgrade my turbo to a 16G.