Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

HID's At A Great Price

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2008, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh and one last thing. I found a quick splice adapter as seen in the picture. Could I use this adapter to splice into the parking lights.

Do I need to cut say the positive wire of the parking lights and slip it into the side with a single slot on the adapter and then slip the positive wire of the harness in one slot and place the cut wire in the other slot? And do the same for the negative?
Sorry about these questions but I'd really like to get it right. If there is another type of connector which is easier to use please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails HID's At A Great Price-untitled.jpg   HID's At A Great Price-crimpterminal.jpg  
Old Feb 8, 2008, 03:07 PM

Ok here we go I hope I'll answer all.

- The quick splicers pictured are exatcly what I'm talking about. You have to cut off the connector thats on the "Remote Turn On" lead (off the harness) and you should be left with 2 wires. The wire from the harness goes into one side of the splicer and you just slide the other side over the sidemarker wire. You clamp down on it with a plier and you should hear it click into a locked position.

- You have to remove your sidemarker (parking light) bulb for easy of installation of the splicers, it's really simple.

Right next to where you removed the low beam light from there's the parking light. Just twist the connector and it comes right out. (This is also in the owner's manual)

Now you just have to splice to positive wire of the parking light to the postive wire of the "Remote Turn On" and do the same with the negative.

Basically what this does is when you turn your light on 1 to get the parking lights on, the power coming from the parking light will go into the harness, trip a relay which in turn will power up the ballasts and your HIDs.

- As far as your original headlight wires that you have to unplug, I just zip tied them to some wires but left them right where they are.

- Low and High Beam? Simply because you really don't need it. HIDs in the low beam are bright enough that you don't really need to use your high beams, so spending the extra money most people opt not to do it.

The harness makes it so much easier and honestly I wouldn't know how to do it without it. It also helps keep the strain of start up off our electrical system by drawing it's power straight from the battery.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 03:10 PM

Real quick note on the splicer, I saw the diagram you drawn and that's not how it looks like.

The picture is correct but not the diagram.

It basically has one side that you have to put the CUT wire (in this case the wire that comes from the harness) and the other side which is a slot that you slip an UNCUT wire (the wire from the parking light) into. The main reason for this splicer is that you DO NOT have to cut your parking light wires. When you clamp down on the splicer (close it) the little metal piece tears into the plastic covering and touches the wires on the inside therefore making a connection.

P.S.: I'm off tomorrow so I'm going to take some pictures of how the whole system looks like. I'd hope to do a HOW TO: so with all this info and the pictures I think I'll be able to do a good write up.

Last edited by 08GTSMayhem; Feb 8, 2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 08GTSMayhem
Ok here we go I hope I'll answer all.

- The quick splicers pictured are exatcly what I'm talking about. You have to cut off the connector thats on the "Remote Turn On" lead (off the harness) and you should be left with 2 wires. The wire from the harness goes into one side of the splicer and you just slide the other side over the sidemarker wire. You clamp down on it with a plier and you should hear it click into a locked position.

- You have to remove your sidemarker (parking light) bulb for easy of installation of the splicers, it's really simple.

Right next to where you removed the low beam light from there's the parking light. Just twist the connector and it comes right out. (This is also in the owner's manual)

Now you just have to splice to positive wire of the parking light to the postive wire of the "Remote Turn On" and do the same with the negative.

Basically what this does is when you turn your light on 1 to get the parking lights on, the power coming from the parking light will go into the harness, trip a relay which in turn will power up the ballasts and your HIDs.

- As far as your original headlight wires that you have to unplug, I just zip tied them to some wires but left them right where they are.

- Low and High Beam? Simply because you really don't need it. HIDs in the low beam are bright enough that you don't really need to use your high beams, so spending the extra money most people opt not to do it.

The harness makes it so much easier and honestly I wouldn't know how to do it without it. It also helps keep the strain of start up off our electrical system by drawing it's power straight from the battery.
Thanks a lot for your help. I think I understand the whole thing but I still have certain doubts.

1) I remove both low beam bulbs and unplug the wire connecting to each bulb and zip tie them.
I am kind of confused since I saw the attached picture where it says oem plug on the head light assembly. I tried removing the first plug and the headlights and parking lights would not work. I tried removing the second one like in the picture and nothing happened. Obviously the first one has to stay in but I don't see why the second plug was taken off.

2) I then search for the parking lights turn them counterclockwise as shown in the owner's manual. I believe there are two wires for each bulb. I don't really know if I can connect the two wires from the remote turn on plug to 4 wires.

I haven't checked it out completly but if there are only two wires + and -, what color are they and where do I find them?
From what I understood the parking lights are taken off since the quick splices will be connected near the bulb right?

Unless I'd have to use 2 splicers per bulb, splicing the + remote turn on plug with a quick splice so as to splice into one + parking bulb and use another quick splice to get into the other + parking bulb as shown in this crappy paint drawing.

P.B= Parking Bulb
Attached Thumbnails HID's At A Great Price-driver-headlight.jpg   HID's At A Great Price-untitled2.jpg  

Last edited by fuz_dnz; Feb 8, 2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 08:14 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Slekd
QUESTION:

i´ve been reading about the HID´s but i only read about you guys putting HID´s in Low Beams... ..

Why not Low and High Beams ??

Regards.
Possibly because no one ever really goes "man, I really can't see anything with the high beams on!"
Old Feb 9, 2008, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

http://www.retro-solutions.com/xenteckits.html

what do you think about these HIDS for 2008 lancer? GTS
Old Feb 9, 2008, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ashun22panda
http://www.retro-solutions.com/xenteckits.html

what do you think about these HIDS for 2008 lancer? GTS
This is the kit I purchased and am trying to install. I got it off amazon.com for $119. I also purchased the harness kit from mobilehid.com to install it. Once I get the harness kit and install I will let u know.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

thank you, but what is the harness kit for?
Old Feb 9, 2008, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

After some research I think I know what I need to do:

Purchase a voltmeter, turn on the parking lights and check what wire on the female plug of the stock harness has current flowing through it. Doing this I will be able to locate the positive and negative wires for the parking lights so I can splice into both of them. If this is wrong please correct me. If someone knows what color these wires are I would appreciate it a lot.

The harness is made to easily hook the hid system to the battery and splice into the parking lights.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 09:02 AM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...06#post5264806