Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Phone from Tero not found.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2007, 06:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phone from Tero not found.

I have a Lancer 2008 GTS with bluetooth and Nav. When I paired my phone it worked great until I told it to call someone that is in the phonebook/contact list on my phone. The car told me there were no entries in my phonebook. Looking at my phone I have about 250. The dealer told me I would have to upload my contacts into the car, which I beleive is wrong because the manual said nothing about that plus I can't find a way to do it....I wish they would train dealers better. Anyway my phone is a Tero 730 windows ce and otherwise works fine in the car except I can't access my contacts list.

I also got up on Mitusbishi's website and my phone is compatable and the phonebook is listed as one of the compatable options. Strange.

P.S. wouldn't it be cool for some type of mod that would make txt messages and emails from these smart phones show up on the screen also.

Regards,
Old Apr 22, 2007, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

I just recently finished creating the phonebook for my GTS. I was unable to get the system to access my own phonebook on the phone. I had to take a few minutes and create entries in the cars phonebook. It then accesses your phone with the phone number you provide it with. With 250 contacts though, you'll be there for a while. I have not seen a way to upload to the cars system either. On the other hand, once the cars phonebook is created, it works really well.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Guess that answers that! Good work!
Old Apr 23, 2007, 04:12 AM

Well I looked around and the only "Address Book" I could find was for street addresses. I didn't see a phone book. I guess it is time to snoop some more. No worries I will just stick in my most called folks. After all I have a daughter that likes the touch screen I can probably make her do it....hahaha Thanks Emanant.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Lancer08GTSCVT
Well I looked around and the only "Address Book" I could find was for street addresses. I didn't see a phone book. I guess it is time to snoop some more. No worries I will just stick in my most called folks. After all I have a daughter that likes the touch screen I can probably make her do it....hahaha Thanks Emanant.
The only way that i know of inputting the phonebook entries is by actually speaking them. Page 3-193/3-194 of the manual goes over the process. It goes pretty quick once you get the steps down. I think the hardest part of the whole deal is reading/speaking through the different phrases during the voice training enrollment commands on pages 3-207/3-209. I recommend doing this first if you haven't already.
Old Apr 28, 2007, 10:01 AM

Ok I input them...omg why can't you just load a comma sep file onto a flash drive and input them..it took an hour and I have now found the limit. I can't beleive with a 30GB drive that there is a limit to how many phone book entries you can have. I have contact Mitsubishi to find out why there is a limit. Wild....I only had 5 more to go....lol

Emanant thanks for the info
Old Apr 28, 2007, 11:45 PM
Evolving Member

You're welcome. Glad i could help. I found out my phone's one button dialing feature works with system also. If your phone has a similar feature, you may be able to get around the 32 entry limit with it. You just initiate the call from the memory location on the phone.
Old May 17, 2007, 07:05 PM

Hey gang...

Coming form 5+ years in the wireless industry, I am pretty confident in saying that the phone book in our devices can NOT be uploaded or accessed through the car's Bluetooth system... (It does work in my Pop's 750Li though)

The only way is what's above... verbally recording them.
Old May 17, 2007, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

i had done the verbal recording into the phone book and must say that i'm not impressed with it. it didn't store them in alphabetical order and i wasn't about to redo 50+ contacts so i just dial it from the phone, but it is more convenient than a bluetooth headset.