Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Known 2008 problems discussion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2009, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this did this to me before. once in extreme heat and more often when its way cold. and since it just starting snowing here in altoona last night :/ sigh long winter.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 02:48 PM
Former Sponsor

If its 08 Lancers, then your car may require a Dealership reflash to bring the electronic ignition up to spec.

Cheers
Old Oct 19, 2009, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CMcraz23
this did this to me before. once in extreme heat and more often when its way cold. and since it just starting snowing here in altoona last night :/ sigh long winter.
Get the reflash. Meanwhile, if the engine cranks and doesn't start hit the accelerator briefly and it will start right away. The throttle plate doesn't open sometimes.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
#4: Window scratching The pads that hold the window tend to be scratchy. Some owners have noticed small scratches on their windows after lowering/raising them. BUT the bigger issue is with tint. The scratchy guards will destroy your tint. Fortunately, there is a solution.
+1 Tint Protector has been on two of my cars for over four years with no problems and no tint scratches.

Check out what the lancer windows look like without the Tint Protector felt. I think this is a BMW but they look the same.

Last edited by flnsx; Nov 16, 2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:14 PM
Evolving Member

Issues with my car:

-Radio is complete crap, fades in/out, static

-Aux cable hookup for ipod is complete crap, can't even hear the music over all the funny sounds it makes

-Window seal scratches tint even with mole skin (to those who deny this, give it time or look closer)

-Tires are crap, wore down super fast

-Delayed start as mentioned
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does anybody have the issue of their radio just cutting out completely?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 12:27 PM

Has anybody had the speedometer NOT working, now. Was once a great while it comes off the back on.

I'm half temped to say F**k it and stripped down the car and built it as a IMCA sports compact and race it on dirt

Last edited by random2d; Jul 23, 2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 04:34 PM

speed sensor fixed

Originally Posted by random2d
Has anybody had the speedometer NOT working, now. Was once a great while it comes off the back on.

I'm half temped to say F**k it and stripped down the car and built it as a IMCA sports compact and race it on dirt
Will problem solved, I just replaced both sensors on the tranny. Now I'm happy, but still bummed now i have to find a dodge, eagle or mits 4 banger to race now
Old Jul 31, 2015, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
I have heard of quite a few of the non-Rockford Fosgate Base CD players won't play out of one channel. Mine didn't. I bought the car used. I replaced the head unit with an aftermarket one.

When having the phone charging on the outlet - the radio reception goes to near-zero... new aftermarket head unit fixed that too.

New aftermarket head unit still has poor radio reception or at least not as good as my other cars...

Three of the TPMS valve stems cracked and leaked air. I ending up replacing all four. There is a repair kit for just the valve stem now.

My occasional hard-to-start issue was fixed with a new fuel pump relay.

The visor screws were loose from the factory. One fell out. I tightened them up. Check yours, eh?

Other than that, it has been a great car now at over 100K miles. There are still no squeaks or rattles I couldn't fix easily. For an econo-box it has been remarkably well-built.