Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

FilthyEvo's track car build/track day writeups

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chu
I have an NRG wuick release I would have sold you! lol.
Haha, damn!

I ended up picking up a NRG 2.0 and a NRG short hub new for $200 shipped.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

With my upcoming track day, I was on the hunt to find a decent set of tires - not wanting to run slicks my first time out on a "big track".

I must say, NT01's are the biggest PITA to find used - in 18" sizes. I finally stumbled across a set on NASIOC, in the sizes I wanted, and they were already mounted on 18x10 +18 Wedssport SA55M's...in my favorite color - highlighter yellow.

Was able to sell my wheels and A6's and pick these up this past weekend. Unfortunately, the kid was a moron and two of the tires needed replacing. Luckily I was able to get some money back, and I ordered two new NT01's to match the other two 'almost' new ones.

Not too many more updates - checked the pads, flushed and bled the brakes. I still need to change the oil and add in my AEM Oil pressure and Oil temp gauges. Has anyone had any issues running a sandwhich plate?

My bumper canards got thrown on the back burner, for now. I pulled and saved the race gas tune AMS gave Ryan, and sent it to my buddy so he can give me a pump gas tune. So, I should be able to check that off the list soon.

What's left on my pre-track day check list is;

-Book hotel
-Order/intall trailer brake controller (already wired for one)
-Finish my quick release bumper setup
-Adjust spoiler angle
-Change Oil
-Install Oil press and oil temp gauges
-Check TC/Trans/Diff fluid
-Install Quick release
-Load new tune, log pulls to make sure all is good

Anyways, that's my latest update. On to the pics!

Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my modified today and saw your car. Congrats on the feature!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
looks good, what size tires did you go with. NT01 are great tires for track days, and last pretty long.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by honda-guy
looks good, what size tires did you go with. NT01 are great tires for track days, and last pretty long.
275/35/18.

Yeah, thats what I've read/heard. Stoked about that.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
i still have to get around to getting my car out of storage and doing all my prep work...thanks for reminding me LOL
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:45 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by killerpenguin21
i still have to get around to getting my car out of storage and doing all my prep work...thanks for reminding me LOL
Slacker!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by killerpenguin21
Only a month left; better get on that!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice man, the car is looking great. My car is still in a billion pieces for a build that seems to get more massive by the day. I haven't even picked my events either because RTA hasn't posted event dates and refuses to respond to emails. I may have to just run TTU this season.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Nice car man, looks great ,cant wait to start tracking mine, good luck at the feb event.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blackenedwings
Nice man, the car is looking great. My car is still in a billion pieces for a build that seems to get more massive by the day. I haven't even picked my events either because RTA hasn't posted event dates and refuses to respond to emails. I may have to just run TTU this season.
Thanks man! Haha, better get that thing finished!

When are they going to post their event dates? I've been waiting to see when they were as well, so I can plan.

Originally Posted by Lancerboy89
Nice car man, looks great ,cant wait to start tracking mine, good luck at the feb event.
Thanks man; appreciate it!
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Not too much to update, but I ordered a few things..

Passenger seat bracket is ordered. I ended up just going with a Buddy Club to match the drivers side. I am borrowing a Bride bucket, and a harness from a buddy of mine to run in in 2 weeks at CTD.

My two new NT01's showed up to replace the front camber worn and impact bubbled tires. Current rears are basically new so there shouldn't be a problem there.

I installed a quick-release bumper setup which is awesome. Bumper is on and off in about a minute. So nice to have.

The car is then going to be dropped off at Kaizen Tuning for a track day prep check-up. Scott from Kaizen will also be coming down to CTD with me to be my instructor. Super stoked to be working with them, and to have Scott and the guys at Kaizen Tuning helping me out!

Other than that, I decided to hold off until after the CTD event to finish the bumper canards, do my lexan windows, and a few other odds and ends (Install my AEM Oil Pressure/Oil Temp gauges etc).

I am also planning to fab up a rear diffuser and a new exhaust (to meet Limerock's sound restrictions) - I currently run the AMS race exhaust which just dumps after the DP. Look out for that update, because I have some awesome ideas in mind!

Done-Book hotel
Done-Order/intall trailer brake controller (already wired for one)
Done-Finish my quick release bumper setup
-Adjust spoiler angle
-Change Oil
On hold-Install Oil press and oil temp gauges
Done-Check TC/Trans/Diff fluid
On Hold-Install Quick release
In the process-Load new tune, log pulls to make sure all is good

Last edited by FilthyEvo; Feb 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 01:49 PM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice update! Is Kaizen bringing the Evo X TA car down for CTD? I never got a chance to get a closer look during their time here for NARRA. I even missed their setup at Limerock for ALMS.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wvolover
Got my modified today and saw your car. Congrats on the feature!
cough cough..... thank you....

Car is looking good Joe, I have been sooooooo busy building my new racing adventure/car i havent been on evoM in forever.

Yea, everyone go read the modified feature! that was a month before I sold it to Joe, and the coolest part of it was the fact that I wrote it. Its a real look at what racing is, well to me what it is and a sample of the dedication it takes to race a car.

Bring that evo to Road Atlanta March 9th-10th, thats gonna be the debut of my M3!!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Just in case anyone wanted to see.... Here is the video Joe mentioned. I just had to do a little re edit on it and add a different song do to some copy wright issues. So now it can actually be viewed on all devices and shared!

Quick Reply: FilthyEvo's track car build/track day writeups