Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Spinning front, inside tire.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by bee-raddd
You basically just leave the clutch packs full of oil. blank off the lines and then on the pump side u just loop it back into the pump again. so yea essentially disables the ayc.

Thats how i had it explained to me anyway. ill let you know in a week or so when i drop my diff off to ralliart to install my cusco RS into my AYC diff haha.
so is it time to start a thread and see who uses how many springs and clutch packs etc see what people have found?
the Cusco's a pretty specific application... I use 8 springs, all plates active, but I've never tested back to back. curious why you are swapping in the RS in place of AYC - is that for mechanical strength? do you have an ACD tune?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:39 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by alpinaturbo
Jason,

That diff, so that is Cusco for AYC diff?
For Evo 7/8/9?

I assume it disables AYC?

I know a guy who was selling a JDM E7 that was converted to LHD if I remember this correctly, and he had extra parts. One of the parts was Cusco rear LSD. Maybe that is the same person?
I honestly have no idea. Seller says "they" have a stable of 8s and 9s. One was going to be used for road course work, but the shell sold. He never said anything about it being a VII. Sounds like another option would be to find an AYC housing, loop the line, etc and use the diff. Nobody over seas wants to pay VAT, so selling looks to be about impossible.

Originally Posted by kyoo
the Cusco's a pretty specific application... I use 8 springs, all plates active, but I've never tested back to back. curious why you are swapping in the RS in place of AYC - is that for mechanical strength? do you have an ACD tune?
All plates?? Drift mode. I like it!
Old Jun 16, 2018, 02:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 273 Likes on 203 Posts
Ive had alot of AYC related issues on my car. the AYC loves to fail which leaves u with essentially an open diff and zero drive out of the turns. im dropping 1 - 2 seconds a lap when i lose the AYC to a fault.

The car also likes to pick up the inside rear wheel and i cant get any drive through the apex or out of the turns. We are working on suspension setup to dial it out but due to the amount of mechanical grip the car has on slicks we just cant seem to get rid of it. so putting an LSD in will effectively keep that outside wheel rotating under power which at the moment it isnt so you can still drive through and out of the turn even if that inside wheel is tipping.

I currently have a Ralliart tarmac ACD computer. I have a spare stock ACD ecu which i might send up to english racing for a race tune then sell the Ralliart one. I spoke to english racing previously and they said they cant provide me with a tune when i have the AYC rear

Be good to see if anybody has tried all 12 springs or 6 springs etc and how theyve found it so we dont have to strip the diff down at the track to try different setups haha.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 08:01 AM
kaj

Ive had alot of AYC related issues on my car. the AYC loves to fail which leaves u with essentially an open diff and zero drive out of the turns. im dropping 1 - 2 seconds a lap when i lose the AYC to a fault.

The car also likes to pick up the inside rear wheel and i cant get any drive through the apex or out of the turns. We are working on suspension setup to dial it out but due to the amount of mechanical grip the car has on slicks we just cant seem to get rid of it. so putting an LSD in will effectively keep that outside wheel rotating under power which at the moment it isnt so you can still drive through and out of the turn even if that inside wheel is tipping.

I currently have a Ralliart tarmac ACD computer. I have a spare stock ACD ecu which i might send up to english racing for a race tune then sell the Ralliart one. I spoke to english racing previously and they said they cant provide me with a tune when i have the AYC rear

Be good to see if anybody has tried all 12 springs or 6 springs etc and how theyve found it so we dont have to strip the diff down at the track to try different setups haha.
I should for sure then be able to sell this diff, then, I'd think. Since it deletes AYC.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
the cusco LSD 141FG is my favorite for autox. probably too aggressive for road course.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:30 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by griceiv
the cusco LSD 141FG is my favorite for autox. probably too aggressive for road course.
Is not tuneable?
Old Jun 16, 2018, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by griceiv
what's the difference between that one and the 141 L15? Is FG the 1-way version?

heyyyy aren't you sponsored by OSG?
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Haha i literally ordered my cusco like 3 days ago off rhdjapan. If i knew u had one i wuda made u an offer instead. Alternatively u could track down an ayc diff hahaha
Old Jun 16, 2018, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
what's the difference between that one and the 141 L15? Is FG the 1-way version?

heyyyy aren't you sponsored by OSG?
It has 24 springs and an aggressive ramp angle. You could take springs out but thats just like buying a different part number. You lose the extra ramp angle options to fit the extra springs.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 01:50 PM
kaj

Haha i literally ordered my cusco like 3 days ago off rhdjapan. If i knew u had one i wuda made u an offer instead. Alternatively u could track down an ayc diff hahaha
With my luck my axles and $1000 drive shaft wouldn't fit . Bleh
Old Jun 17, 2018, 03:09 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kaj
With my luck my axles and $1000 drive shaft wouldn't fit . Bleh
yea AYC axles r diff, slightly longer haha. driveshaft is same tho
Old Jun 17, 2018, 03:24 PM
kaj

Yeah... the last thing I want to do is have to be out MORE money for parts that I won't be able to replace later, if they break.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 06:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
Jacked up my car for some other things today so all 4 are in the air, release E-brake and turn a real wheel to check to see if theres any preload worth checking properly.

I can spin the driver rear wheel forward and backward and passenger side may or may not spin opposite. Fronts spin since but not much resistance at all in turning. Seems preload is gone here.. I also have lots of random clicking like plates are moving a lot when going forward to reverse or reverse to forward. Assuming plates are just flopping around at this point in there. Dont have a spare so it'll just have to do as is for now. Rebuild will have to come in the winter.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

in gear or in neutral?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 07:25 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
So did some testing at least with it in the air.

Pre-oil change (using OEM diaqueen)
Out of gear - pretty much spin driver side rear wheel forward, it moves and drive shaft spins. Other wheel might think of moving, but nothing really.
In gear - Forward spin it locks up but maybe a little slip.

After oil change (Now using 75w140ns cause assuming plates are worn and need as much lockup as I can get)
Out of gear - Spin driver side forward, passenger starts to slip a little but all 4 wheels turn forward (clutch front diff also)
In gear - Locks up hard spinning forward. Relatively Free to spin backwards.

Quick Reply: Spinning front, inside tire.