Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

MAP EF-series Turbochargers results thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2011, 01:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by Kracka
Call BS all you want, here is his chart:

MAP Stage 2 2.3L (10.5:1 CR)
MAP ported head
FP4R camshafts
MAP EF3 turbo (ported/coated)
plus all the supporting mods you can think of

I helped assemble this build, have ridden in this car numerous times, and was present for the above dyno run. It's all legit.
Please correct me if I am wrong but if the dotted line is psi then 23 lbs of boost still isnt 487 whp as claimed am I wrong or am I reading this incorrect? Just for the record here I am not tring to argue that this turbo isn't capable of doing it by no means am I saying this, and I am not tring to doubt any ones ability in motor selections, or anyother type of setup so lets just get that out of the way now. I just dont see it makeing that much power at 23 lbs according to your chart.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 01:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by tscompusa
Chris hes talking about the power curve.. not peak power numbers.. he only knows what his car did in 3rd gear though.. plus his tune is not finalized yet.. his cars over 500 right now on your turbo / stock block.

also Cobbs dyno reads what 5% lower then a dynojet? it reads a bit higher then the average mustang. either way Brian stop comparing a 2L to a built 2.3L!!!! LOL.
Yes Tom I was compairing curve #s. Damn it I am not use to your new avatar and everything so I was like wtf. And fyi I wasn't compairing the 2 motors. He is basically running the same motor setup I wanted but I want a 2.4
Old Oct 10, 2011, 01:38 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Had this car back on the dyno after getting a different WGA.

Ended up making 465whp at "only" 25.5 psi up top this time but ran out of fuel control. Time for rewire, etc

Still on stock FMIC / IC pipes / intake manifold / exh manifold. hahaha.

This is easily a 500whp+ turbo on a proper mustang dyno with a proper build and boost.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 01:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by razorlab

Ended up making 465whp at "only" 25.5 psi up top this time but ran out of fuel control. Time for rewire, etc

This is easily a 500whp+ turbo on a proper mustang dyno with a proper build and boost.
Again B man I am not saying by no means that it isn't possible. I know it should make more then 500 reguardless just not at 23 lbs.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 01:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cursedsm
Please correct me if I am wrong but if the dotted line is psi then 23 lbs of boost still isnt 487 whp as claimed am I wrong or am I reading this incorrect? Just for the record here I am not tring to argue that this turbo isn't capable of doing it by no means am I saying this, and I am not tring to doubt any ones ability in motor selections, or anyother type of setup so lets just get that out of the way now. I just dont see it makeing that much power at 23 lbs according to your chart.
Peak boost is obviously higher but it does taper to about 23psi at 7500rpms where it is making nearly max horsepower...
Old Oct 10, 2011, 01:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Again B man I am not saying by no means that it isn't possible. I know it should make more then 500 reguardless.

???

I wasn't even replying to you. Hell I didn't even notice your post until now. haha

I was just posting a update.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 01:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by ChrisCarey
Peak boost is obviously higher but it does taper to about 23psi at 7500rpms where it is making nearly max horsepower...
That I understand Chris. But to claim that it makes that kinda power at 23 psi isn't the right call. If he would have said it tapered to 23 lbs and I made nearly 500 hp I wouldn't even have said nothing other then damn them are some sweet #s. Please everyone that looks at my post I am not tring to say at all that they aren't great #s by no means but please be more clear about how you state things cause people like myself tend to kinda take it out of context.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 01:54 PM
EvoM Guru

???

I wasn't even replying to you. Hell I didn't even notice your post until now. haha

I was just posting a update.
I know but cause we share the same name I feel obligated to pick on ya some being I'm the one taking a beating half the time hahahaha.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 01:55 PM
EvoM Guru

No I have no doubts it will make 500 hp Chris. I am saying at 23 lbs on e85 its not gonna make 500 hp on a mustange dyno as he claims.
If it makes peak power at 24psi then it makes peak power at 24psi. If you took the higher peak torque psi and ran 24psi flat across, it would still make it's peak power at 24psi, if it made it's peak power at 24psi.

Old Oct 10, 2011, 02:48 PM
EvoM Guru

If it makes peak power at 24psi then it makes peak power at 24psi. If you took the higher peak torque psi and ran 24psi flat across, it would still make it's peak power at 24psi, if it made it's peak power at 24psi.

I understand what your saying but peek power as he stated or didn't state was tapered. Like I was saying if he would have said I made 478 whp at 23 lbs tapered down from 30 psi it would have made more since to me rather then it made that power at 23 psi. When I read that thats all he is running is 23 psi and made that amount of power off that.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup all that was changed from before was the upgraded WGA from MAP and the car picked up spool and made power. We did run into issues with fueling but those are getting worked out. Should have her back on the dyno shorlty with new fueling and intercooler.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 02:57 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by D&M Auto Salon
Yup all that was changed from before was the upgraded WGA from MAP and the car picked up spool and made power. We did run into issues with fueling but those are getting worked out. Should have her back on the dyno shorlty with new fueling and intercooler.
yeah that upgraded wg makes a world of difference. Glad you guys changed that out.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 02:58 PM
EvoM Guru

I understand what your saying but peek power as he stated or didn't state was tapered. Like I was saying if he would have said I made 478 whp at 23 lbs tapered down from 30 psi it would have made more since to me rather then it made that power at 23 psi. When I read that thats all he is running is 23 psi and made that amount of power off that.
You don't understand what I said then.

Peak boost means nothing to the peak horsepower unless peak horsepower occurs at peak boost.

If peak horsepower was made at the same RPM that 23psi is happening, then it's making peak horsepower at the same RPM that 23psi is happening.

If it made 350whp at 6800 RPM, and the car is running 23psi at 6800 RPM then it doesn't matter if the car was running 33psi at 4000 rpm. Run 23psi across the whole WOT RPM range and it will still make 350whp peak.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 03:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Idk i just drive hahaha
Old Oct 10, 2011, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It has been four days now since I ordered the EF3. I am wondering has it been shipped yet? How would I be notified?

Also, I have the DW300 fuel pump and will be using E85 when I get tuned. What size injectors should I get? I was thinking that the FIC 1450s would be a great choice.

Thoughts?

Quick Reply: MAP EF-series Turbochargers results thread