Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Post exact weights of weight reduction you have done!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2012, 05:03 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dan, are you talking about the little blue wire on the P/S pump? I think that is for a pressure switch/solenoid. When you turn the car full left or right it bumps up the idle...If we are talking about the same thing, I am pretty sure that is what it's for.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
o ok. what year is your car? maybe you can see how your box compares to ares before you rip it apart.

my car is a 2003.

does anyone know what that single wire going to the power steering pump is for and if we need it.
mine is an 03 as well
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I pulled a crap load of ground wire out of it. I also got it 70% back together. Gonna finish it up and install it this week. I have a few wires to shorten and re route too

Bj yes that wire. I just left it on and ill use it.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey Dan, since you made me take my entire car back apart.............this picture is for YOU!
Attached Thumbnails Post exact weights of weight reduction you have done!-photo.jpg  
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by David Buschur
Hey Dan, since you made me take my entire car back apart.............this picture is for YOU!
That's what im talking about!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

I really dislike you. Hahah. Great job.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wouldn't a pair of seats save over 40lbs? from 35 to 12. I don't know if there is a rear seat solution though. THere are some bride seats that are also very light less than 1k each
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:57 AM
Account Disabled

Haha, oh sh*t!!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

OMG, I knew I missed a few wires when I finished up my wiring before.............I didn't know just how many. My harness is now STRIPPED!!! It's as bare as it can get from the fuse box/fire wall forward. I have ONE single wire on the drivers side I didn't take the time to get out, it's killing me and it's a few grams of weight! I have to refrain from pulling it out though, too much work for a single wire!

One day I may pull the rest of unused wiring out from the back of the car......

I bet I pulled another 3 pounds of crap out on top of the weight I lost off the bar. I painted the bar before I put it back in.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

OMG, I knew I missed a few wires when I finished up my wiring before.............I didn't know just how many. My harness is now STRIPPED!!! It's as bare as it can get from the fuse box/fire wall forward. I have ONE single wire on the drivers side I didn't take the time to get out, it's killing me and it's a few grams of weight! I have to refrain from pulling it out though, too much work for a single wire!

One day I may pull the rest of unused wiring out from the back of the car......

I bet I pulled another 3 pounds of crap out on top of the weight I lost off the bar. I painted the bar before I put it back in.
Get that wire out man. Do it now while its all apart and not when its together. I am afraid I didn't remove enoigh and or removed things i should not have. I don't know. Ha.

I might start on the rest of the cars wiring. I think most of that is simple. Just time consuming.
We need more light weight parts dave. I don't know that we can find any more free weight. Please make us something haha
Old Jan 24, 2012, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

My engine harness has been out so anything I am taking out now is body harness stuff. The car really only needs a few wires in the body harness to make it functional. I'm surprised how much extra crap is in the harness for all the things the car could have had that it never did have.

It is very time consuming, you are right about that Dan!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
As long as the fastener isn't a safety related item... I'd prefer it was made of aluminum rather than Titanium. it's not only cheaper...it's lighter
Old Jan 24, 2012, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
As long as the fastener isn't a safety related item... I'd prefer it was made of aluminum rather than Titanium. it's not only cheaper...it's lighter
where can we find nice looking nuts and bolts?
Old Jan 24, 2012, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Since I had my wheels off I figured i'd see exact difference of my FD wheels with QTP's vs OEM wheels with 255/40/17 BF goodrich tires.

48lbs saved in rotational weight total at all 4 corners

Last edited by badev0; Jan 24, 2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Dan,

My car doesn't have HID's or foglights from the factory. The only relay I have left in the line of 5 spots is for the horn. I think the one you said looked like a 'low beam' is a foglight icon. Do you have foglights? I do not.

I removed one of the two horns to save a little weight. If you remove a horn just make sure to leave the better sounding of the two horns there.

I will be removing the fan fuse's/relay from the fuse box this weekend. I will be using an aftermarket relay to control my fan via AEM. I forgot to do that last time I was messing with it. I think I can remove the 'music note' fuse too as I do not have a radio anymore.

Yours looks good so far!

Last edited by StreetThisEvo; Jan 24, 2012 at 08:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Post exact weights of weight reduction you have done!