Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

How much power will my setup make [Mega Merge]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2011, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by toxic-evo
really, had no clue. mind posting a link to one of there build threads using s2 s on a high hp setup
I was talking with them about it in an old thread. I'm sure if you sent someone from English a PM they'd be more than happy to provide you with a graph and mod list.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pillock
Hey guys, just curious what you think I'll make. I have a 2006 IX, tuned a few months back and made 301whp 305wtq on 25psi, 91oct with these mods
-walbro 255
-HKS catback
-HkS intake
-licp
-uicp
-EBC

My tuner said that I was pushing 335ish whp but the stock injectors were running close to 100%. I'm retuning in a few weeks with some new mods all the above but now with
-FIC 1050's
-3' downpipe
-3" highflow cat

Any idea where I'll be at?? Gracia's
there us no way the stock injectors could be maxed on 300
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by surferjeff
there us no way the stock injectors could be maxed on 300
They maxed out at 335ish. I did tell my tuner that I wanted a fairly safe tune since I do a few track days in 100+ degree temps. I guess he made it a VERY safe tune?? Not sure, we'll see what we make tomorrow with the 1050's. Tune in less than 10 hours!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 01:07 AM

better invest in a Gtech pro or dynolicious for the iphone. the iphone is VERY accurate.. The power will be there though, sounds like a solid setup..

Old Dec 10, 2011, 07:31 PM

lol why is this topic even still going? power figures wont mean a thing, estimates are estimates, if you don't have a dyno you are never going to get an exact or close to figure. go off quarter mile times if that's all you have..
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mod list:

Step 1:
- AMSOIL Filter w/Vibrant MAF Adapter
- ETS 3.5" FMIC Kit (w / UICP & LICP)
- MAP Rev3 Ported Intake Manifold
- Full Blown Cast 70mm Throttle Body
- TBE (BR 3" S.S. Downpipe, MIL.SPEC 100-cell HFC, Tanabe Medalion Touring Catback)
- O2 Housing (BR SS Fabricated, Coated)
- MAP Exhaust Manifold Port, Polish & Coat
- Walbro 255 LPH Fuel Pump
- MBC (Forge UNOS)
- Wide Band O2 Sensor (Innovate LC-1)

Built for 93octane only tune.

Goal: Dead reliable daily driver with stock like spool and near super car (GT-R or somesuch) power. Simplicity should help here.

End Game (Step 2): Add BBK Full, some kind of injectors (the best DD-type most reliable possible) and maybe (probably) GRC S2 cams, valve springs (ARP studs, of course).

Questions:

1. How much power should step 1 make? How about step 2?

2. Would step 1 benefit from injectors? I'll have the manifold all taken apart, what's another $300.00 at that point?

3. If I should get injectors, then which are the smoothest most reliable to get me through both steps?

4. Did I miss something?

Please advise.

Thanks for your help.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

wtf? noone?
Old Dec 23, 2011, 04:07 AM

Any idea on this setup?

^wish I could help bro but I'm a noob

Here is my current set up any guess on hp?
04 viii
Cobb filter
Ralliart intake tube
Stock manifold ported
Megan o2
Perrin down pipe and test pipe
Ams 3" test pipe back
Walbro 255
Evo 9 bov
Tuned w stock mbc 25 psi on 93 oct

Wondering what that makes?
Soon to add
Evo 9 turbo
272 cams
Grimmspeed 3 port
Fp wastegate
Old Dec 23, 2011, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by wjamyers
Goal: Dead reliable daily driver with stock like spool and near super car (GT-R or somesuch) power. Simplicity should help here.

End Game (Step 2): Add BBK Full, some kind of injectors (the best DD-type most reliable possible) and maybe (probably) GRC S2 cams, valve springs (ARP studs, of course).
If your goal is "near super car power", then you're going to need a bigger turbo and/or bigger motor and/or E85. Stock turbo on 93 octane with the stock 2.0L won't get you there.

1. How much power should step 1 make? How about step 2?
Really depends on boost levels. Should make 400+ on a dynojet with the BBK Full though if you dial the boost up to 26+ psi.

2. Would step 1 benefit from injectors? I'll have the manifold all taken apart, what's another $300.00 at that point?.
Yes, but I recommend you size them big enough to meet the needs of your Step 2, and potentially more. You'll find that Step 3, 4, 5, etc. come a lot sooner than you think.

3. If I should get injectors, then which are the smoothest most reliable to get me through both steps?.
I only have experience with the stock and FIC 950's, but I can confirm that the FIC 950's work great. I have zero complaints about them.

4. Did I miss something?.
Yes, anticipated boost levels. Otherwise, it looks like a really good start with a lot of quality parts. You can tell that you've been doing your research on the forum. One note.....I think you might be a little premature on the Rev3 IM and 70 mm TB though. Your stock IM and TB are more than sufficient for the needs of the stock turbo and stock cams, and I think you'd be better off spending the $700+ on a high end tubular EM now instead of just a simple porting of the stock unit, and then getting the bigger IM down the road when you're running the bigger turbo and cams. Just my 2 cents.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 07:34 AM

Gg06mr care to take a Stab at mine
Old Dec 23, 2011, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sanny632
Gg06mr care to take a Stab at mine
Sure...work is slow, so what the hell. Honestly, I'm not as familiar with the 8's, but I'd guess somewhere in the low 300's at 25 psi with your current set-up. You should probably plan to upgrade your intercooler if you're going to be pushing the stock turbo that hard. It's going to be generating a lot of heat at that level, and the stock intercooler will not be able to control it....at least not in the summer time. Also, I'm not familiar with a stock MBC?! I at least didn't have one on my 9. With the 9 turbo and 272 cams, you'll probably add another 20-25 whp. Maybe a bit more.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

I was under the impression that cast manifold = best reliability and tubular = least. That's why I planned to call it a day with the MAP v2. I probably will go with the new BBK Full bb or whatever it's most reliable equivalent is when I'm ready to go turbo upgrade.

I think 400 at the wheels will be fast enough for me and close enough to a ferrari california. I don't plan on going beyond that, I do know what it is to know when to stop and I plan to know when to stop with the Evo.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

I was under the impression that cast manifold = best reliability and tubular = least.
If you buy a cheap Megan, then yes, but, for example, the MAP tubular manifold has a "Lifetime warranty against defects to the original purchaser ".
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:19 AM

New to the EVO / turbo world had my car about a year now lookin for some change shooting for around 500whp dd / track day car any and all suggestion's would be awesome looking to start build asap :-) THANKS...

93 octane
Map 2.3l shortblock stage 2 --or-- Buschur 2.3l stroker
Buschur Stage 3 head
Gsc cams S1 --or-- S2
1000cc injectors
spoolinup cop
apr head studs
exedy triple hd
buschur baffled oil pan
FMIC unsure
custom 3 inch exhaust side exit
Walbro 255 Fuel Pum --or-- Buschur Racing Double Pumper
Stock manifold & tb for now if poss
Stock ECU

and as for turbo set up what would be my best bang for my buck. S256, GT3076R-HTA, GTK-550, Std 30R, precision 6031

Last edited by kmoneyr6; Jan 3, 2012 at 06:47 AM.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 01:20 AM

hey guys need some advice mine is evo 7 engine with evo 8 ecu & wire harness. mod list

GT3582R turbo with tonnka tubler manifold
1200cc rc injectors
custom 3 inch exhaust
custom 2.5 inch lower & upper IC pipes ( shortedt distant possible)
ARP head studs
HKS fuel rail
turbosmart FPR
raptor BOV
Tial 44mm wastegate
Buschure MBC
Skyline GTR Intercooler
Custom MAF pipe with cone filter
TOMEI 280 cams with Buschure Ti vale springs & retainers
ACT 2600lb clutch & street light flywheel
WB 255 fuel pump

everything else is stock. planing to run ab 20psi on crappy RON91 fuel.

Can any one tell me should i run more boost i want to run 25psi but the rods & pistons are stock evo 7. if i were to get close to 500whp wot do i need n any idea as to how much id make at 20psi.

Quick Reply: How much power will my setup make [Mega Merge]