Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Kinugawa 25g turbo thread

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2012, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clip the turbine
Old May 12, 2012, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Would that billet wheel and and anti surge cover work on an old school green?
Old May 13, 2012, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

that depends on the old school green's compressor exducer diameter. when you put a bigger wheel on the compressor side you have to cut the back plate for the new wheel and if the green's wheel is bigger than the 25g wheel then yes it will fit but it wont be fitted to the new wheel which in turn ends up equating to losses.
Old May 14, 2012, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey boostzealot i remeber talking to you on the other 25g thread how did everything work out for you? i saw your video and the car sounds great did you end up retaining the td05 turbine?
Old May 14, 2012, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

sure did! how ya been? everything went well. even the install was cake. the turbo was an immediate change in the power band as the boost comes on solid and stays solid throughout so it feels very linear. im in the process of pulling my oil pan off and checking everything downstairs before i turn up the boost. currently at 17-20psi the car feels faster than it did on the stock ported 9 turbo at 24-26psi tapering to 21psi. the new turbo does not taper at all. =)
Old May 14, 2012, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by boostzealot
sure did! how ya been? everything went well. even the install was cake. the turbo was an immediate change in the power band as the boost comes on solid and stays solid throughout so it feels very linear. im in the process of pulling my oil pan off and checking everything downstairs before i turn up the boost. currently at 17-20psi the car feels faster than it did on the stock ported 9 turbo at 24-26psi tapering to 21psi. the new turbo does not taper at all. =)
I was very happy to discover the same thing,even at 30 psi it only goes down to 29 psi on the top end.
Old May 14, 2012, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

ah man are both you guys finished up? lol i need to get the ball... im glad this turbos working out so well i really look forward to seeing what it can do on my 2.4 hopefully it will yeild similar results let me know how things go when you crank up the boost!
Old May 14, 2012, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stanlsha
ah man are both you guys finished up? lol i need to get the ball... im glad this turbos working out so well i really look forward to seeing what it can do on my 2.4 hopefully it will yeild similar results let me know how things go when you crank up the boost!

I'm almost done,i finished my O2 dump today,i installed a Turbosmart external wg on my Muse O2 dump to get rid of all the wastegate issues,i never liked the wastegate operation in mine,even with their 25psi actuator.
Old May 15, 2012, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

Been driving mine around since may 5th and all i need is a tune to break 400whp on pump. this thing changed my powerband pretty well. i kept my stock hotside and turbine along with my stock wastegate and dont have any issues with boost or holding boost. dyno sheets will come next week for certain now!
Old May 15, 2012, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

viiidrive good call i wish i had the money to do that right now but fund are running low if you could send over pics of how you did it sometime id appreciate it for future reference! my email is stanlsha@hotmail.com i look forward to seeing what numbers you put down what cams are you going to run?

boostz sounds great id like to see the torque curve of this thing with the stock turbine wheel still on it rreally seems like spool isnt too much of an issue from what i saw
Old May 15, 2012, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

viiidrive good call i wish i had the money to do that right now but fund are running low if you could send over pics of how you did it sometime id appreciate it for future reference! my email is stanlsha@hotmail.com i look forward to seeing what numbers you put down what cams are you going to run?

boostz sounds great id like to see the torque curve of this thing with the stock turbine wheel still on it rreally seems like spool isnt too much of an issue from what i saw

Picture sent my friend,please let me know how you like it,the compressor housing is off because i sent it to be powder coated black,i'm going with GSC S2 cams and HKS cam gears.
Old May 15, 2012, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

got it and the piece looks great that is deffinately something im going to consider when i have fund as an external gate would be much more efficient... did you completely remove the wastegate flap or how did you approach that?... the shop in the pic looks great too btw a little jealous haha.... s2's are great wish i had a set my self but i plan to grab the s2r's when they come out .... but yeah the dump looks great.... out of curiosity is one the dp bolts going into your muse dump a pain in the *****? i think its the passenger side on mine, dont know if its common or somethings off with my threads
Old May 16, 2012, 04:52 AM
Evolving Member

got it and the piece looks great that is deffinately something im going to consider when i have fund as an external gate would be much more efficient... did you completely remove the wastegate flap or how did you approach that?... the shop in the pic looks great too btw a little jealous haha.... s2's are great wish i had a set my self but i plan to grab the s2r's when they come out .... but yeah the dump looks great.... out of curiosity is one the dp bolts going into your muse dump a pain in the *****? i think its the passenger side on mine, dont know if its common or somethings off with my threads
Actually removing the flap is something i'm doing today,i think i'll cut off the arm and slide the rest off and tap and plug the remaining hole,that's the shop i work at,i work for honda and of course i do all my own work here,as of now all dump bolts fit no problem
Old May 16, 2012, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

yeah that seems like it would be the best approach maybe you can do a little porting/ deburring while your there... ah i see i see haha very nice wish i worked at a biug shop like that!

yeah im thinking its just mine i think next time i have it off ill go in and run a cleanout through it to touch up the threads hopefully that will help
Old May 16, 2012, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

yeah that seems like it would be the best approach maybe you can do a little porting/ deburring while your there... ah i see i see haha very nice wish i worked at a biug shop like that!

yeah im thinking its just mine i think next time i have it off ill go in and run a cleanout through it to touch up the threads hopefully that will help

Already removed it and tapped and plugged the hole,i'll send you pics tonight so you can see,and yes also ported the housing a bit!!

Quick Reply: Kinugawa 25g turbo thread