Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

ABS delete kit??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2014, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just finished mine today. i think i need to bleed everything again because my brake pedal goes down pretty far, but we also got alot of snow today so testing really wasn't the greatest. maybe you guys can help me, when the car is off the pedal wont go very far but when its running it presses down further, why is this.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 06:30 PM

also stm sells the pressure valves for 40 dollars, and if you go to car-parts.com you can buy a brake master cylindar for a reasonable price. they are used but they put them in category's.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CNOEVO22
just finished mine today. i think i need to bleed everything again because my brake pedal goes down pretty far, but we also got alot of snow today so testing really wasn't the greatest. maybe you guys can help me, when the car is off the pedal wont go very far but when its running it presses down further, why is this.
I'm 90% sure it has to do with the vacuum the brake booster receives. If the car is off the brake booster does not help with the pressure, when the car is on it makes the job easier for you.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by griceiv
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/4646956-post5.html

pin 15 of C-122 to ground.

page 90-116 of the evo9 manual.
Has anyone else tried this to see if it works? Just curious Thanks
Old Nov 22, 2015, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wheatley
This is my abs delete firewall, also removed relay plate and wiper wiring hole to the inside of the cabin. Then removed the pad, shaved the unneeded studs and resprayed the bay along with making a quick disconnect milspec harness.

This is what it looks like finished.

I had a rod bend and window the block, having all that extra wiring and unused stuff removed from the bay has made it much easier to pull the engine or anything else from the bay.
that looks amazing man, this is what i would like to do, but i have an 06. and i have not yet figured out how to do this delete properly i would really enjoy the space freed up to mount catch cans and fpr. i noticed you don't have acd or ac, which does clean up the bay but i do plan to keep ac.

any pointers?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Wheatley
This is my abs delete firewall, also removed relay plate and wiper wiring hole to the inside of the cabin. Then removed the pad, shaved the unneeded studs and resprayed the bay along with making a quick disconnect milspec harness.

This is what it looks like finished.

I had a rod bend and window the block, having all that extra wiring and unused stuff removed from the bay has made it much easier to pull the engine or anything else from the bay.

This is so clean and sexy. Gotta give credit where credit is due.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 03:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Guys

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead

I own an Evo V and would like to do the ABS delete. I called STM and they asked if my clutch reservoir was different that the one from the brakes and indeed, my clutch reservoir and brake reservoir are different

Do you guys think this will be a problem? Does Evo 8-9 have same clutch & brake reservoir?

Thanks for any thoughts on this
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by arkangel13
Hi Guys

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead

I own an Evo V and would like to do the ABS delete. I called STM and they asked if my clutch reservoir was different that the one from the brakes and indeed, my clutch reservoir and brake reservoir are different

Do you guys think this will be a problem? Does Evo 8-9 have same clutch & brake reservoir?

Thanks for any thoughts on this
Having different reservoirs will make no different for brake vs clutch hydraulic circuit.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 09:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the response, yes found out I just had to sweap the reservoir and not use the clutch line part
Old Jul 28, 2020, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
Going to bring this back from the dead. Since one of the lines is discontinued and STM doesn't sell the kit anymore. Any alternatives?