Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Gridlife Trackbattle 2018 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 08:36 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Well I’m trying to join the mix for gridlife for 2019. My car based on my interpretation of the rules would be able to compete in Street Mod, which I feel comfortable with my current seat time with the evo.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Jacblack
Well I’m trying to join the mix for gridlife for 2019. My car based on my interpretation of the rules would be able to compete in Street Mod, which I feel comfortable with my current seat time with the evo.
What kind of seat time is that?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by King Tut
What kind of seat time is that?
I done quite a few track events with my evo. I live MD so I spend a lot of time at summit point. I actually did one of the first grid life events back at the autobahn in Joliet, IL. But just HPDE didn’t compete. The reason why I said what I said and how I said was it’s almost like a mind thing. A lot of these other guys/girls have huge backing behind them with shops and other vendors so you almost always think you’ll never be as good as they are. I’ve also talked to quite a few people that do grid and GTA for advice as well. I was suppose to run in the 2018 season, but I had to do trans work and parts were on backorder.

I have to take things off my car to actually to be in the class I want to run in GTA vs Grid, so I’m pondering what to do as GTA has posted their dates for 19 but GRID hasn’t yet.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
anyone know what the 2019 schedule is going to be?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kyoo
anyone know what the 2019 schedule is going to be?
All rule changes and schedule should be announced at the PRI show next week. I have it on good authority the season will begin once again at Mid Ohio in April.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

I done quite a few track events with my evo. I live MD so I spend a lot of time at summit point. I actually did one of the first grid life events back at the autobahn in Joliet, IL. But just HPDE didn’t compete. The reason why I said what I said and how I said was it’s almost like a mind thing. A lot of these other guys/girls have huge backing behind them with shops and other vendors so you almost always think you’ll never be as good as they are. I’ve also talked to quite a few people that do grid and GTA for advice as well. I was suppose to run in the 2018 season, but I had to do trans work and parts were on backorder
The fastest cars are going to be the ones built well with fast drivers. Don't let those sponsored cars scare you. They run the parts they are given. I run the parts that work. They need to satisfy contracts by making appearances and feed the social media machine. I get to go have fun at the track when I want to and only need to satisfy myself.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
^ truth.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

All rule changes and schedule should be announced at the PRI show next week. I have it on good authority the season will begin once again at Mid Ohio in April.
gridlife hpde's run like normal, and not too many idiots there? i'd like to do an hpde during their autobahn time, is it usually the south course they run on? and are those the tickets for which they always seem to sell out on facebook?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 573 Likes on 431 Posts
Yea autobahn is pretty much just a normal track day. They run all three configurations across the weekend.

It sounds like 2019 might be the year of the evo!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ayoustin
Yea autobahn is pretty much just a normal track day. They run all three configurations across the weekend.

It sounds like 2019 might be the year of the evo!
can't wait. you just check the website for the schedule?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:42 PM
EvoM Guru

Usually someone will post something on social media about it. But yea they'll have it on their website.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 06:47 AM

The fastest cars are going to be the ones built well with fast drivers. Don't let those sponsored cars scare you. They run the parts they are given. I run the parts that work. They need to satisfy contracts by making appearances and feed the social media machine. I get to go have fun at the track when I want to and only need to satisfy myself.
yeah the sponsor life isn’t always the fun life. I’ve been down that road before. But I’m super excited, just waiting for the dates to be posted to get the real planning started.

Gotta get a new set of wheels, my ce’s are too wide to run the 255 needed. Going to try and score a set of rpf1s or 57d(which I really want) in decent shape used, if not I’ll cough up the money for new.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Usually someone will post something on social media about it. But yea they'll have it on their website.
can we expect it'll be roughly end of june/start of july again for autobahn?

yeah the sponsor life isn’t always the fun life. I’ve been down that road before. But I’m super excited, just waiting for the dates to be posted to get the real planning started.

Gotta get a new set of wheels, my ce’s are too wide to run the 255 needed. Going to try and score a set of rpf1s or 57d(which I really want) in decent shape used, if not I’ll cough up the money for new.
what ce's u got that are too wide for 255?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 09:14 AM
EvoM Guru

I have no idea about timing, I've heard they're trying to make big changes for next season so it may be drastically different.

FWIW I would run a 255 on a 9.5" wheel.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

I have no idea about timing, I've heard they're trying to make big changes for next season so it may be drastically different.

FWIW I would run a 255 on a 9.5" wheel.
i'm running 265/35-18 on my 18x9.5 CE, fits perfectly

Quick Reply: Gridlife Trackbattle 2018 Discussion