Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

razorlab's simple build(s)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2013, 01:00 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,041 Likes on 761 Posts
Originally Posted by 1QYK9
Gotcha thought I saw someone say the X turbo is the same size or larger than the bbx lite which I thought might be comparable to the Green.
BBX Lite is advertised as a 52 lb/min turbo but in reality it's more like a 54-55. So around a Green.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 01:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by mrfred
Its probably fuel tank pressure for EVAP system operation just like for the Evo 8/9. Here is what I built to measure pressure at the pump.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...l#post10114095

I "logged" the pump pressure by making a video of the mechanical gauge while shouting the rpm.

Anyhow, now that I think about it, you'd probably be better off logging fuel rail pressure. That would be the easiest way to see if the pump is able to supply the necessary pressure at the rail where it counts. Probably the easiest way to do that would be to tee into that hose where the fuel filter is located. Put the tee after the fuel filter, and then tape the gauge to your window. The hose from the tee to the gauge can be very small diameter, so it should be possible to run it out from under the hood. You'd need a 100 psi gauge.
I forgot about that thread, thank you. You wouldn't happen to have part # for the male fitting would you?

EDIT: Nevermind, I should have kept reading the thread.

Last edited by razorlab; Nov 30, 2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any idea on whats causing the high IDC yet? If I can recall My EF2 evo X Wally255 ID1000's were at 100% IDC around 410-415whp on GST's dyno. With that said something is weird.

-Gary
Old Dec 6, 2013, 06:59 PM
EvoM Guru

Ok, was doing a little fine tuning today and my fuel system is at 93% IDC's now.

I have no idea wtf is going on. I really don't want to rip everything apart but I guess I'm going to have to.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by razorlab
Ok, was doing a little fine tuning today and my fuel system is at 93% IDC's now.

I have no idea wtf is going on. I really don't want to rip everything apart but I guess I'm going to have to.
I'm going to guess that you have debris which got past your sock filter or the sock filter itself has got "sucked in" slightly to the pickup.

Some of the early E85 testers had issues with the sock and E85. Just a guess in this situation though. You checked the obvious relay issue I hope.... Fuel pump at a lower voltage will do that too. I'd shake your fuel pump relay before tearing anything apart.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 04:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by acidtonic
I'm going to guess that you have debris which got past your sock filter or the sock filter itself has got "sucked in" slightly to the pickup.

Some of the early E85 testers had issues with the sock and E85. Just a guess in this situation though. You checked the obvious relay issue I hope.... Fuel pump at a lower voltage will do that too. I'd shake your fuel pump relay before tearing anything apart.
While I was one of the first to convert and tune E85 on the 10's I do appreciate the inputs and ideas.

I have to doubt debris as I converted the car to E85 at 950 miles, but I guess maybe their *could* be something in there.

Relays are upgraded to newer.

Fuel sock is E85 safe and looks fine.

Still trying to figure out what would be the culprit...
Old Dec 8, 2013, 09:08 PM
EvoM Guru

OK, I'm starting to see inconsistent AFR's at WOT now. Sometimes it hits 11.8, sometimes it's 12.6, today I saw a 13.2 before I let off, then it hit 12.0 the next WOT application... ugh...

Now I'm starting to think the pump is wacked....
Old Dec 9, 2013, 02:24 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Stuff a Walbro 450 in there. Great pump for me so far. A clear step up from the 300-340 pumps.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, I'm starting to see inconsistent AFR's at WOT now. Sometimes it hits 11.8, sometimes it's 12.6, today I saw a 13.2 before I let off, then it hit 12.0 the next WOT application... ugh...

Now I'm starting to think the pump is wacked....
Im having the same problem and also down in power... after the tune, I was 11.1-11.3 at wot then all of a sudden, I see 11.8-12.4. Im running dw65c and id1000inj. Im hoping my problem isnt the injectors..
Old Dec 20, 2013, 07:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Ok an update on this build.

I hate hate hate hate hate these springs. I'm not really sure why they get such great reviews. It's SOOOOO underdamped with the OEM struts, even with Bilsteins. It's horrible. Seriously I think most people that give these good reviews haven't actually had good suspension setups.

Honestly I think stock is better.

So, now to find something that doesn't suck and isn't a billion dollars.

My fueling issues I'm going to tackle after the holidays...I'm off to New Jersey for a week...
Old Jan 6, 2014, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate hate hate hate hate these springs. I'm not really sure why they get such great reviews. It's SOOOOO underdamped with the OEM struts, even with Bilsteins. It's horrible. Seriously I think most people that give these good reviews haven't actually had good suspension setups.

My fueling issues I'm going to tackle after the holidays...I'm off to New Jersey for a week...
I think the Bilsteins have less damping than the stock GSR shocks - you might be better off with those. When I bought the GTworx springs by phone I was told that the shocks should be revalved. Bilstein charges $75 each for a revalve. However, with the stock Bilsteins, GTworx springs and a Whitleline rear sway bar I gained 4 seconds a lap at a Watkins Glen track day compared to stock springs/swaybar. Watkins is smooth and you can get away with less damping. On a bumpy road the car is faster with the stock springs.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:11 AM
EvoM Guru

Interesting about the Spec-R springs, especially since they are a progressive spring with an initial rate that is probably about equal to stock. You might want to consider getting a set of the Bilstein HD dampers. I have been told that they have more damping than the OEM Bilsteins. Bilstein can also do custom valving for you if you send in a set of their dampers for rebuilding.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:11 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by busaboy
On a bumpy road the car is faster with the stock springs.
I can agree with that. This setup is so much worse then stock on the bumpy roads here in Northern California.

I'm currently looking at the H&R coilovers...

Originally Posted by mrfred
You might want to consider getting a set of the Bilstein HD dampers. I have been told that they have more damping than the OEM Bilsteins.
They don't sell the HD's for the 10 yet.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:18 PM
EvoM Guru

They don't sell the HD's for the 10 yet.
bummer. not interested in a revalve?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Great job Bryan, good to see you doing things again!

Quick Reply: razorlab's simple build(s)