Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

"Project Hard Park"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:29 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 226 Likes on 155 Posts
Put the IAT sensor and throttle body on. I think I'm going to loop/disconnect the TB coolant lines. Between that, EGR delete, and the phenolic IM gasket hopefully the sensor wont get heat-soaked or at least to a lesser extent.

Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Did you plug the EGR port in the head?

edit: nvrmind, can see it was plugged in one of your pics.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 06:50 PM
EvoM Guru

New walbro 255 with new fuel sock installed. Old one was 10plus yrs old so was a piece of mind thing. Wasnt as easy as I remebered it lol. Waiting on misc gaskets and my hotside to really start putting it together. Also decided on a radium rail and fuel pulse damper. More to follow...

Old Dec 8, 2017, 01:51 PM
EvoM Guru

So after getting my base map from Boostin, they are recommending upgrading to a Walbro 450 or the E85 equiv. Which is great, because I just installed the new 255...

I'm not sure if I have a need. Dont plan on more than 25/26 psi from the turbo on E85. Not sure if anyone has any thoughts on this?

Also put the rail/injectors/FPD on the manifold. I do not particularly like the way the FPR swivels on the mount but thats the way its designed, and Radium said its fine...

Old Dec 8, 2017, 01:56 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
It should be fine for a low boost tune, 23-24psi. Worst case it's not and you have to change it. A properly installed walbro 450 won't effect the tune except where there previously wasn't enough fuel. IIRC, Kaj made 450whp with a walbro 255 and 1100cc injectors with an FP green.

Last edited by letsgetthisdone; Dec 8, 2017 at 03:21 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 02:08 PM
EvoM Guru

I also managed to score an ESM Spherical Bearing Bushing Master Kit new in box, from a private seller on FB. I've never seen these new or used for sale privately so as soon as they popped up I grabbed them. Saved a lot of coin this way too. The only other car I've heard of running these is wanabgts's car. Going to sell the front bits since I'm running the WL unit for added caster and at some point will be getting SSB Uprights and control arms. The sticktion I can see with the WL poly bushings is a problem. It takes A LOT of force to articulate the rear suspension with these WL poly bushings... But at this point I need the car to run and drive, so will probably swap in the ESM stuff at some point in the future.

Which leads me to another thing I received from SSB, these top hats are gorgeous and should be more ridgid/strong than the CiroRacing onse I've got. Will be putting the Ciro top hats for sale soon.

Last edited by V.8MR; Dec 8, 2017 at 06:36 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 04:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 575 Likes on 431 Posts
I need to buy some of those tophats before he runs out!

I'm on a 255 Wally and the can makes 400whp on E85 no problem. 1100cc injectors. Stock FPR, stock rail, stock lines.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 04:25 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Since you aren't planning on running over 30psi. Might want to just get a Evo X 3bar map sensor and save yourself the potential headache of that omnipower failing at the worst possible time.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Wow those plates are beautiful Dallas really outdid himself there! Makes me want to put my CDR plates up for sale as well. Are those the 20mm offset ones he had? Do they offer the same amount of caster as the CDR plates as I love the performance I get from the plates but dont care for adjustable caster just makes it annoying swapping suspension having to get a wrench under there to zip them off.

Super jealous of that bushing set you picked up. Any chance you'll sell the front LCA inner bushing aka the front horizontal bushing? I was going to pick up the Hardrace unit to hold me over until I go Dallas drop spindles but if you're tyring to get rid of those maybe we can work something out.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 05:54 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Since you aren't planning on running over 30psi. Might want to just get a Evo X 3bar map sensor and save yourself the potential headache of that omnipower failing at the worst possible time.
Maybe I've been living under a rock and am the last to know, but is the Omnipower 4 bar MAP prone to issues?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

There have been some reliability issues with their MAP sensors. I will say that I had one that stopped logging over the summer and I reached out to them and they expedited me a new sensor immediately. So the good news is that they do stand behind their products no questions asked which sadly cant be said for all vendors.

I know they revised the sensor some and I'm told the never ones should be more reliable. Apparently evos are extremely finicky. I sent back Steve my old sensor and it tested out fine but for some reason just didn't work on my car anymore and sure enough the new sensor logged fine again. IDK what the issue was but I guess on an SD car it's a lil more concerning.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:36 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by heel2toe
Wow those plates are beautiful Dallas really outdid himself there! Makes me want to put my CDR plates up for sale as well. Are those the 20mm offset ones he had? Do they offer the same amount of caster as the CDR plates as I love the performance I get from the plates but dont care for adjustable caster just makes it annoying swapping suspension having to get a wrench under there to zip them off.

Super jealous of that bushing set you picked up. Any chance you'll sell the front LCA inner bushing aka the front horizontal bushing? I was going to pick up the Hardrace unit to hold me over until I go Dallas drop spindles but if you're tyring to get rid of those maybe we can work something out.
Yes they are the 20mm ones. I don't see a need to adjust caster at the top hat so a static 20mm is perfect. Plus they are more rigid/strong than the Ciro ones in my opinion and the fit and finish far exceeds. Still waiting to get them on the car but I've had my hands full.

I'd sell the 2 front bushing sets together as a kit. Would probably be hard to sell each bushing pair individually. I'm not sure the front most spherical would work well with a PSRS or WL unit since the offset kind of puts pressure on it and poly is ideal to cope.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by razorlab
Fingers crossed that it survives... With EGR delete and some of the measures I've taken to keep the IM and TB cool, should help preserve the sensors and wiring in general.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:43 PM
EvoM Guru

I installed the IM. Used 2 OE gaskets and sprayed them with VHT copper gasket cement. Its what Boostin used when they installed it the first time. I like the way it seals.

Also had to install the Radium fuel line/fittings, and a new return line just for good measure. Only up to the OE hard-lines that is.

Connected up most of the wiring and starting to think about how i'm going to secure it and clean it up a bit.

And my hotside bits came in.

Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by V.8MR
Yes they are the 20mm ones. I don't see a need to adjust caster at the top hat so a static 20mm is perfect. Plus they are more rigid/strong than the Ciro ones in my opinion and the fit and finish far exceeds. Still waiting to get them on the car but I've had my hands full.

I'd sell the 2 front bushing sets together as a kit. Would probably be hard to sell each bushing pair individually. I'm not sure the front most spherical would work well with a PSRS or WL unit since the offset kind of puts pressure on it and poly is ideal to cope.
I already have a PSRS so im after a spherical to help deal with that awkward angle. For that exact reason I think actually the opposite of you what said...nonetheless, if you want to keep them together then I can understand and respect that. However, if you do want to sell just the horizontal bushing(both sides of course) then Im game so HMU son!

Originally Posted by V.8MR
I installed the IM. Used 2 OE gaskets and sprayed them with VHT copper gasket cement. Its what Boostin used when they installed it the first time. I like the way it seals.
Looking good! If Im understanding correctly did you sandwich the IM heat spacer thingy with 2x OEM IM gaskets?

Quick Reply: "Project Hard Park"