Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Heel2toe's I wanna go fast build

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
This thread is great! I love all the attention to detail. Keep up the good work man!
Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by V.8MR
Nice on the sheet metal work. I have a few spots on the drivers/passengers floor pan where an idiotic mistake was made with a jack-stand. I hammered it out best I could but ideally I should replace the metal.
Doh! You're not the first person who has ever lowered his car down with jack stand still under it. I remember one of my neighbors growing up told me a story where he had the stand rip right through the floorboard on his Triumph TR3. He was not a happy camper. Honestly, the floor pan repair sucked and most of it was my fault due to lack of experience. Im not sure what yours looks like but I'd probably just hammer and dolly get it close and call it a day.

Originally Posted by bakuro117
This thread is great! I love all the attention to detail. Keep up the good work man!
Thanks, I appreciate the kind words! Im hoping I'll be rewarded soon enough!
Old Aug 16, 2018, 01:16 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 226 Likes on 155 Posts
Its not bad, and doesn't cause any kind of functional damage. Just an eye sore really.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Great news Swaintech just called and my hot parts are in transit back to me. Soooo there is a chance I might get to fire her up this weekend! Its almost been 10 months now so as you can imagine Im anxious to say the least!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

More "fake news" to report. Parts are in, I've got two o2 housings, running twin snails on this baby!

In all seriousness Im about to get to work. Stay tuned if all goes well Im firing her up tomorrow night!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Sadly the weekend didn't go as planned. For starters, I realized Fri night that the gasket I was sent was a T3 divided not T4 divided so that set me back. I mocked everything up to see how things would fit, which they didn't. Then made things fit which involved trimming of trans bracket, some of my radiator fan, and redoing my oil catch can bracket as well as move my fan controller. Oh and my downpipe didnt fit as it was hitting my subframe. Luckily I was able to salvage without hacking up the downpipe as I realized the shape was good but the hangers were causing all the issue. So I spent a while tweaking the hangers, probably moved them a solid 2" at least and now I have room. Its not perfect one side hanger is really stretching the actual hanger bushing and the other side is decent. But Im just happy the exhaust isnt hitting anthing so Im moving forward.

Also the oil drain line I was sent was too long so I had to redo that. Basically everything related to my turbo kit has been a disaster. I will never recommend anyone do business with Driven Fab after my experience with them. Once I installed my UICP the catch can was in the way sadly. The good news is I got everything sorted out for the most part. I got my new gasket last night ripped it back apart and started getting it back together.

Im now very confident Ill get her fired up this weekend. I thought I was going to this past weekend but anything that could have gone wrong went wrong, lol!

And as a teaser here are a couple pics I snapped during mockup.

Old Sep 4, 2018, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

We got the car started on Sunday but not without some issues. The car is running stupid rich at the moment. Suspecting a fuel pressure issue I pulled the pump checked things out managed to break one of the connectors like a moron, put it back together and now we have proper fuel pressure but the car still wants to go rich. Working on tweaking the tune at the moment. And sadly with a broken connector the car will not be driven until that is replaced as its not exactly a connection I want to back out considering it powers the fuel pump.

Oh and here is a picture of me making a stupid face while I make the final connection at the battery before we primed the motor and fired her up

Last edited by heel2toe; Sep 4, 2018 at 10:26 AM.
The following users liked this post:
2006EvoIXer (Sep 4, 2018)
Old Sep 17, 2018, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

In case anybody cares, this build still sucks. The car has still yet to get off my lift. If I had a list of every single thing that has gone wrong with this build I think you guys would laugh at me. Its almost comical at this point...

Anyway, shes back to being air cooled since my brand new radiator decided that holding pressure is overrated. Looks way cooler like this though. Remember that time when I was done? Nope me neither
Old Sep 17, 2018, 03:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Yup, sounds like an evo build Hang in there bud, she'll get done eventually. I had to pull the motor twice before my build was completed and even then, there were problems to be fixed.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 03:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by Pal215
Yup, sounds like an evo build Hang in there bud, she'll get done eventually. I had to pull the motor twice before my build was completed and even then, there were problems to be fixed.
Then you had to refresh a new engine...sigh
Old Sep 17, 2018, 03:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Then you had to refresh a new engine...sigh
I shoulda bought a hot tub instead. It would have been cheaper and involved more women.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

The motor is NOT COMING OUT AGAIN ANYTIME SOON YOU SHUT YOUR MOUF!!!

Also, everyone knows anything related to evos does not involve women.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:49 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by heel2toe
The motor is NOT COMING OUT AGAIN ANYTIME SOON YOU SHUT YOUR MOUF!!!

Also, everyone knows anything related to evos does not involve women.
it's so sad, but so true.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great build.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 06:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
Originally Posted by Dallas
great build.
Whoa, who dis guy?!

Quick Reply: Heel2toe's I wanna go fast build